Monaghan Forum

Club Championship

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Between Mc carville and beggan they swung it it didn't work out a few times fir beggan it did when it counted initiative goes along away and if he hadn't there would have no draw a replay next Saturday well done rory beggan and Michael Mc carville

Crazyhorses (Monaghan) - Posts: 68 - 25/09/2017 13:28:54    2050301

Link

Beggan was beside that line ball in the 2nd half. He was after doing another run out the field and he decided to take it when he was near it. Slipped and Made a mess of it in the end. I thought he was the only scotstown man trying in the second half. Prob overdid the leaving his goal area but nobody else was showing any urgency. He missed 2 tough 45s but the last one was brilliantly floated to a danger area and saved them.

Tim_NicebutDim (Monaghan) - Posts: 336 - 25/09/2017 13:55:10    2050315

Link

Replying To Tim_NicebutDim:  "Beggan was beside that line ball in the 2nd half. He was after doing another run out the field and he decided to take it when he was near it. Slipped and Made a mess of it in the end. I thought he was the only scotstown man trying in the second half. Prob overdid the leaving his goal area but nobody else was showing any urgency. He missed 2 tough 45s but the last one was brilliantly floated to a danger area and saved them."
Yes I will give him that, the 45 dropped perfectly for someone to get a fist to it.

supermon (Monaghan) - Posts: 1072 - 25/09/2017 23:55:29    2050531

Link

Unbelievable ends to the two matches in Clones Sunday - Lattons team management will have nightmares about that ending - no need for them switches they made and they paid dearly for that

2nd comeback was even more amazing - scotstown brutal for 34 mins in second half to score 2-2 to draw ??? heard frank brady on the radio Monday night getting another rub at mickey Donnelly about losing 8 point leads in clones - form of scotstown lads very worrying for malachy + karl o connel also no show for tyholland on sat

the intermediate semi finals on Saturday were terrible - tyholland a complete shambles and carrick ran away with it - heard a lot about this Toome team but was massively disappointed by them - real agri cultural team - no class finesse at all - they let aughnamullen win every kickout for the first 10 minutes to go 4 points down - Wilson lad didndt count -
aughnamullen also very poor side - bannigan very greedy and wasteful up front - they will be hammered by 10 points or more in the final - Intermediate grade used to be good - standard has dropped away back
donaghmoyne + killanny straight back down - carrick will also be back down and god help ever who the other team that gets up - best of a bad lot

FrankAnnyalla (Monaghan) - Posts: 331 - 27/09/2017 09:56:50    2050926

Link

Replying To Tim_NicebutDim:  "Beggan was beside that line ball in the 2nd half. He was after doing another run out the field and he decided to take it when he was near it. Slipped and Made a mess of it in the end. I thought he was the only scotstown man trying in the second half. Prob overdid the leaving his goal area but nobody else was showing any urgency. He missed 2 tough 45s but the last one was brilliantly floated to a danger area and saved them."
What's wrong with him leaving his goal? Is he not allowed to? Makes sense in my opinion .. great option to have

kupa (Monaghan) - Posts: 281 - 27/09/2017 10:42:57    2050941

Link

Replying To kupa:  "What's wrong with him leaving his goal? Is he not allowed to? Makes sense in my opinion .. great option to have"
Totally agree with kupa why shouldn't he he used his iniative and when all said and done his 45 got to crucial position for the goal only for him there would not have being a draw not forgetting Mc carville he also saved them well done to both of them

Crazyhorses (Monaghan) - Posts: 68 - 27/09/2017 13:24:59    2051005

Link

Frankannyalla, replying to ur comment about Wilson and Bannigan.... these 2 lads are the future for monaghan. U have to remember these lads are 19 and only really getting used to senior football. Let the lads grow and encourage them instead of slating them. Wilson had an off day. 1 bad day doesn't make u a bad footballer. If u were at the game like u say ud have noticed that bannigan scored 4 and set up 1-2. That's 1-6 out of 1-8 he had a hand in.
Slating toome too is a bit rich too. A team that has come from the depts of junior over the last few years to a intermediate championship semi and probably a league semi to boot. Think they deserve credit. As for ur criticism of aughnamullen. Do they not deserve praise for getting to where they are. I no lots of teams would love to be in there position now. It's a tall order for them but I for 1 hope they do it.

stvictor (Monaghan) - Posts: 61 - 27/09/2017 16:26:36    2051078

Link

Replying To FrankAnnyalla:  "Unbelievable ends to the two matches in Clones Sunday - Lattons team management will have nightmares about that ending - no need for them switches they made and they paid dearly for that

2nd comeback was even more amazing - scotstown brutal for 34 mins in second half to score 2-2 to draw ??? heard frank brady on the radio Monday night getting another rub at mickey Donnelly about losing 8 point leads in clones - form of scotstown lads very worrying for malachy + karl o connel also no show for tyholland on sat

the intermediate semi finals on Saturday were terrible - tyholland a complete shambles and carrick ran away with it - heard a lot about this Toome team but was massively disappointed by them - real agri cultural team - no class finesse at all - they let aughnamullen win every kickout for the first 10 minutes to go 4 points down - Wilson lad didndt count -
aughnamullen also very poor side - bannigan very greedy and wasteful up front - they will be hammered by 10 points or more in the final - Intermediate grade used to be good - standard has dropped away back
donaghmoyne + killanny straight back down - carrick will also be back down and god help ever who the other team that gets up - best of a bad lot"
True Frank that intermediate is poor this year Carrick far and away the best team. They were very unlucky to be relegated in 2016 going down with 14 or 15 points they were the form team in the second round of league fixtures. Only lost one league game this year so far and won most championship matches pulling up in the second half of games. Carrick have by far the best forward line in Monaghan at present without a doubt, and they should win the double and if they are promoted they will a major force in senior next year and should survive in senior no problem in my opinion.

lufcallen (Monaghan) - Posts: 18 - 27/09/2017 18:33:17    2051117

Link

Replying To lufcallen:  "True Frank that intermediate is poor this year Carrick far and away the best team. They were very unlucky to be relegated in 2016 going down with 14 or 15 points they were the form team in the second round of league fixtures. Only lost one league game this year so far and won most championship matches pulling up in the second half of games. Carrick have by far the best forward line in Monaghan at present without a doubt, and they should win the double and if they are promoted they will a major force in senior next year and should survive in senior no problem in my opinion."
So they have a better forwards that D Hughes, Carey, McCarthy and Heaphey in Scotstown? 3 of whom are on the county panel. Explain to me please how Carrickd is better ?

kupa (Monaghan) - Posts: 281 - 28/09/2017 12:28:38    2051309

Link

Stvictor I wouldn't be too worried about Frank Annyalla comments on teams and young players who need time to develop. This time last season he was giving out about Seans and Killanny and saying Tyholland would give them their medicine in the semi final of Intermediate. Now he's picking on Tyholland, Toome and Aughnamullan. You're right, Toome have been a credit this year after coming up from Junior and Aughnamullan deserve respect for making the final and are in with a fighting chance of turning Carrick over.

patreel (Monaghan) - Posts: 25 - 28/09/2017 14:25:52    2051356

Link

Replying To kupa:  "So they have a better forwards that D Hughes, Carey, McCarthy and Heaphey in Scotstown? 3 of whom are on the county panel. Explain to me please how Carrickd is better ?"
Maybe if you go and watch Carrick you will see for yourself obviously you have not seen Carrick play this year. Kevin and Stephen o Hanlon would walk onto the county if the wanted to and I emphasise ( if they wanted to ) Golloghy is still a great forward at club leval and has proved it year after year and Sean Downey is playing great football now after a few years struggling with injuries. It says something when Arron Jones and Mark Downey cant get their place on the starting 15 great subs to bring on. The Scotstown forwards are good but what have they done apart from Mc Carthy this, you couldnt depend on Carey for scores especially for Monaghan and Heaphy is hit and miss.

lufcallen (Monaghan) - Posts: 18 - 28/09/2017 18:28:03    2051431

Link

Replying To lufcallen:  "Maybe if you go and watch Carrick you will see for yourself obviously you have not seen Carrick play this year. Kevin and Stephen o Hanlon would walk onto the county if the wanted to and I emphasise ( if they wanted to ) Golloghy is still a great forward at club leval and has proved it year after year and Sean Downey is playing great football now after a few years struggling with injuries. It says something when Arron Jones and Mark Downey cant get their place on the starting 15 great subs to bring on. The Scotstown forwards are good but what have they done apart from Mc Carthy this, you couldnt depend on Carey for scores especially for Monaghan and Heaphy is hit and miss."
I have seen them this year and I do agree they are very good players but the standard of oppposition is extremely poor in intermediate. The teams they are playing arnt even playing a sweeper or sweepers so your arguemenr dosn't add up. You can not publicly say they are better ... you will see next year how good they are in senior playing better opposition and better defensive structures. If they were at the level that you proclaim them to be they would be on the county .. Well sure if them Scotstown forwards are no good that's why they arnt going for their 5th final in 7 years or 3 championships in a row. Carrick meanwhile .........

kupa (Monaghan) - Posts: 281 - 29/09/2017 08:58:07    2051575

Link

Replying To kupa:  "I have seen them this year and I do agree they are very good players but the standard of oppposition is extremely poor in intermediate. The teams they are playing arnt even playing a sweeper or sweepers so your arguemenr dosn't add up. You can not publicly say they are better ... you will see next year how good they are in senior playing better opposition and better defensive structures. If they were at the level that you proclaim them to be they would be on the county .. Well sure if them Scotstown forwards are no good that's why they arnt going for their 5th final in 7 years or 3 championships in a row. Carrick meanwhile ........."
I have my opinion and you have yours fair play time will tell who is right But im confident I will be proved right this time next year will answer the questions.

lufcallen (Monaghan) - Posts: 18 - 29/09/2017 11:38:20    2051640

Link

Replying To lufcallen:  "I have my opinion and you have yours fair play time will tell who is right But im confident I will be proved right this time next year will answer the questions."
Carrick have been going well because they have had the 2 Downeys, Gary McEnaney, James Conlon and of course Stephen Gollogly, on the pitch for most of the year. Keeping that experienced spine together will be essential for them to get settled in senior. Their newer lads still need to develop a bit. That said, their pace and angles of running in attack have been impressive, it is a case of miss a lot but score a lot. A team for the future if they can hold it together. Who knows, they might even win a big one before the 100 year anniversary rolls around.

Eddie the Exile (Monaghan) - Posts: 817 - 29/09/2017 14:42:21    2051711

Link

Replying To lufcallen:  "I have my opinion and you have yours fair play time will tell who is right But im confident I will be proved right this time next year will answer the questions."
Did Scotstown not win a Senior Championship last year without Conor McCarthy?? and on the way to winning it beat Carrick in a game where Carricks forward line only scored a few points from play!! like to big up carricks forwards for putting up big scores in intermediate football while belittling scotstowns just doesn't make sense!!. The two o'hanlons are good footballers but when shane carey was around their age he scored 2.3 in a senior championship final!.Orin Heaphey got man of the match in last years county final and has been winning senior trophies and scoring regularly in big matches for scotstown since he started playing for them!

TOCO (Monaghan) - Posts: 2 - 29/09/2017 14:59:21    2051718

Link

What's the predictions for the Junior final? Seans are flying all year but Currin will be hard to crack.

patreel (Monaghan) - Posts: 25 - 29/09/2017 16:45:34    2051753

Link

Replying To TOCO:  "Did Scotstown not win a Senior Championship last year without Conor McCarthy?? and on the way to winning it beat Carrick in a game where Carricks forward line only scored a few points from play!! like to big up carricks forwards for putting up big scores in intermediate football while belittling scotstowns just doesn't make sense!!. The two o'hanlons are good footballers but when shane carey was around their age he scored 2.3 in a senior championship final!.Orin Heaphey got man of the match in last years county final and has been winning senior trophies and scoring regularly in big matches for scotstown since he started playing for them!"
In any of my replies I never spoke about the past im talking about the here and now not what fellas done in the past times move on and so should you. Oh and by the way will you take the Scotstown flag off the top of your head it getting into your eyes and blinding you my friend.

lufcallen (Monaghan) - Posts: 18 - 29/09/2017 17:56:31    2051772

Link

I have to agree with Lufcallan that this is an exceptional Carrick team. I have seen them in all their championship games this year and right now I would rate them the best attacking team in the county. They are not a team of unknowns as fourteen of their panel have represented the county at either minor, under 21 or senior level. They were relegated last year on 14 points with just one win less than Magheracloone who are now in this year's senior final and indeed one win less than Scotstown who had to rely on a junior c player to rescue them from embarrassment last week and who won't even make this year's final if they don't abandon their silly defensive game. As regards the best forward in the county at the moment it is undoubtedly Stephen O Hanlon with 6 - 9 to his name in 4 championship games to date. A word of warning, Aughnamullen have the best defensive record in the Intermediate Championship this year having only conceded one goal in their 3 games as against 5 conceded by Carrick. Could there be a surprise ?

brownbread (Monaghan) - Posts: 21 - 29/09/2017 20:29:49    2051799

Link

Surely their is a conflict of interest with Pat McEnaney refereeing the game between Scotstown and Ballybay. Pat will have a nephew involved in the form of micheal McCarville. Surely In the interests of fairness and controversy Pat should step aside from this game.

shaggylegend (Monaghan) - Posts: 1857 - 29/09/2017 22:08:02    2051820

Link

Replying To lufcallen:  "In any of my replies I never spoke about the past im talking about the here and now not what fellas done in the past times move on and so should you. Oh and by the way will you take the Scotstown flag off the top of your head it getting into your eyes and blinding you my friend."
Ah yeah you are right!. A forward unit that has Carrick top of the intermediate league is much better than the forward unit that has scotstown top of the senior league!. How could I be so blind and stupid!!..

TOCO (Monaghan) - Posts: 2 - 29/09/2017 23:21:47    2051835

Link