Kildare Forum

Dublin v Kildare Leinster semi final 2013?

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Hard luck lads some defeat the weekend no disrespect honestly never seen that coming. Next up louth time to forget the weekend quick an focus whats ahead...

DUB1 (Dublin) - Posts: 5583 - 02/07/2013 19:45:59    1422063

Link

There is a sense from some posters about regrouping in the qualifiers, as if the teams in the qualifiers are there to help us rebuild on our way to the quarters. Teams like Galway, Armagh and Derry would be well capable of beating us, Louth will be difficult too, huge gaps in defence and unproven young lads in the forward line, making the quarters with the footballers we have would be impressive. I know we have a good record in the qualifiers but there's a good few teams more likely to beat us this year than in previous years, we may not have to wait for a really big team to dump us out this year!

switec (Kildare) - Posts: 525 - 02/07/2013 20:50:59    1422149

Link

Definitely not switec, can't take anything for granted and that should be the challenge put to these young lads. They haven't become bad players overnight and they need to prove that, as much to themselves as anyone else. The goal has to be to get back to Croke Park. It is vital for Kildare that this team continues to rebuild and getting a few wins under the belt and a bit of momentum will be integral to that. The future is what matters and it starts now.

doublehop (Kildare) - Posts: 4172 - 02/07/2013 21:14:22    1422177

Link

Well thanks for that cilldaraboy buts its a case of don't ring us we'll ring you as you scored zero on the optimism test

AreWeHuman (Kildare) - Posts: 242 - 02/07/2013 21:17:18    1422183

Link

Fantastic lads. Another year through the qualifiers where we will beat below average teams and reach another All Ireland Quarter Final....then we'll play a half decent team and we will get hammered!

At the end of the day, it's all about maintaining our 100% record in the Qualifiers under McGeeney. That's all he's here for, isn't it?

takeyourpoints_ (Kildare) - Posts: 89 - 02/07/2013 21:50:10    1422258

Link

takeyourpoints_
County: Kildare

Fantastic lads. Another year through the qualifiers where we will beat below average teams and reach another All Ireland Quarter Final....then we'll play a half decent team and we will get hammered!

At the end of the day, it's all about maintaining our 100% record in the Qualifiers under McGeeney. That's all he's here for, isn't it?

Think you're on the wrong thread...

St.Conleth (Kildare) - Posts: 1623 - 03/07/2013 08:45:49    1422318

Link

Hard luck on Sunday lads, the wheels fell off the wagon for yis. Don't know what the stats were but yis seemed to have a good amount of possession... could it be a case of paralysis by analysis?

Floops (Dublin) - Posts: 1623 - 03/07/2013 14:34:58    1422775

Link

St.Conleth

takeyourpoints_

Think you're on the wrong thread...

Think it's more than the wrong thread takeyourpoints is on.

Thank God I read takeyourpoints post on the pervious page otherwise I'd have probably have taken the latest contribution about beaten below average teams in the qualifiers this year en-route to another All Ireland quarter final seriously.

I mean these below average teams like Tyrone, Down, Derry, Wexford, Laois, Armagh, Louth and Galway are just chicken feed for Kildare and it does absolutely nothing for the qualifiers having them in there at all isn't that right takeyourpoints.?

THE_SNAPPER (Louth) - Posts: 2019 - 03/07/2013 16:05:16    1422949

Link

Kildare have gone rapidly downhill since paul grimley left..shows how big a role he had and it obviously cant be filled..ask any of the players who played under him..they'll say how big an influence he had

cilldara14 (Kildare) - Posts: 254 - 03/07/2013 21:40:15    1423319

Link

The worrying thing about this match was how we all seemed to know what weaknesses we had, and how Dublin would exploit them well in advance.

We can't take anything away from Dublin and how well they played but it honestly looked like we had learnt nothing from the defeats to Meath and Cork last year.

Players look tired and slow and there didn't seem to be any sort of a plan b for when we went behind.

Was it just me or were our first three subs all in the forwads? Seanie, Smith and Dowling coming on? The game was lost far from the full forward line to be honest so you'd have to wonder why it took so long for somebody like Morgan Flats to make an appearance, the panel is a bit top heavy in relation to attacking players over defenders but we should at least be able to have some sort of backup plan when things are so open inside our own 45.

To be fair to McGeeney though it was a ballsy decision to go man to man. It didn't work but if we went defensive like we did in the league people would be complaining about that too. There has to be some sort of balance in between though, hopefully we can find it.

if_in_doubt (Kildare) - Posts: 3643 - 11/07/2013 19:26:57    1429364

Link

Did anyone see the shoulder charge on Graham Reilly in the second half of the Leinster Final half today? No free given - I'd say Johnny Doyle had a wry smile on his face as he saw that.

jimski (Kildare) - Posts: 355 - 14/07/2013 16:42:15    1431109

Link

no Doyle did it when Cooper was crouching down to pick up the ball , you cant touch a player when they are crouching down to get the ball the ref will ping you all day long , McCarthys shoulder on Reilly was textbook , awful sour grapes out of you

Murlo111 (Dublin) - Posts: 192 - 14/07/2013 17:56:37    1431219

Link

Perfectly timed shoulder in my opinion.Does todays result put the lillies into third ranking within the Province,Tank god for the minors and U21's.Hopefully Geezer will be gone by the time they come through.

dubya (Kildare) - Posts: 423 - 14/07/2013 19:56:37    1431376

Link

Are those the u21s that Geezer was over you're taking about yea?

Its fairly obvious what your agenda is.

sedico (Kildare) - Posts: 1682 - 14/07/2013 20:47:57    1431447

Link

Given what's happened to Meath today (and a few others), I wish to state that I've re-evaluated my analysis of that game last year! Kildare went man-to-man with the Dubs, all set for a shoot out. It was a suicidal plan, but they did better than most would have done

Count_Awesome (Kildare) - Posts: 736 - 20/07/2014 15:32:00    1621913

Link

Was in watching the minors today and the senior game.Very disappointed with their performance.Only one or two tried and they collapsed.Also given what Dublin did to Meath and what Meath did to us along with scraping by against Clare ,it is clear hat no real structure exists in the county.What pretends to be organised'development squads' are merely a gathering of a select few with little homework done on players except those who are sent to by their clubs.Not Good enough and the results are what we have had yesterday and today.

dubya (Kildare) - Posts: 423 - 20/07/2014 18:18:01    1622084

Link

if we meet them this year, expect the same scoreline! with that said, dublin are not the benchmark for kildare, there is a huge gap between the counties. Meath are firmly no 2 in leinster as they have beaten us convincingly in the last 2 championship encounters, we could catch up with Meath again as they are not great but Dubs will remain what they always are for kildare, a game we are unlikely to win 9 times out of 10!

switec (Kildare) - Posts: 525 - 21/07/2014 10:41:28    1622589

Link

You do realise dubya that it was a minor final you were watching not a first round game ?

KildareKelly (Kildare) - Posts: 592 - 21/07/2014 12:32:02    1622780

Link

Count_Awesome

Given what's happened to Meath today (and a few others), I wish to state that I've re-evaluated my analysis of that game last year! Kildare went man-to-man with the Dubs, all set for a shoot out. It was a suicidal plan, but they did better than most would have done

A few months before that we went defensive against them in the league.

Dropped men back, which pretty much gave them two or three free options for short kickouts, and let them work the ball up to our half before we attempted to close them down or tackle them. It worked to some extent for a short while as it left Dublin shooting from distance into the wind, but after a while they started getting forward with more purpose and our defence parted like the Red Sea.

After that the opposite approach was to go man to man, and that resulted in pretty much the same outcome.

It'll be interesting to see what approach Ryan takes whenever we do meet the Dubs. There might be a middle ground between both styles but it would require a massive effort from the middle eight who'd need to be constantly tracking back, breaking forward and scrapping for ball around the middle.

if_in_doubt (Kildare) - Posts: 3643 - 21/07/2014 15:08:22    1623032

Link

Kildarekelly yes I do thanks for asking.Thats what was disappointing although I suspect a tinge of sarcasm in you condescending question.I stayed to watch a football exhibition of sorts in the senior final.No harm to show the kids how it should be done.Monaghan nex t so.You never know.........

dubya (Kildare) - Posts: 423 - 21/07/2014 20:49:30    1623461

Link