Dublin Forum

New Dublin Jersey?

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To TheUsername:  "New Jersey is being released on Monday lads, looks like a lighter shade of sky blue in the teaser posted on the link below, bit like some of the trading gear.

I hope it's different from the others that are knocking around at the moment Mayo and Kerry all working of the same generic kit the only difference being their own colors.

The Dubs generally are great for a unique stand alone kit.

Well" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.elverys.ie/elverys/en/Elverys/GAA/Leinster/Dublin/c/555?gclid=CjwKCAjwo_HdBRBjEiwAiPPXpGyAKCRV-dNCQL2GMzrKHPIpyoBdLAZD7UQZQfrJJtHZXeGXre0EKBoCsYYQAvD_BwE"
Well spotted!

Yeah spot on.. I'm liking the training gear alright

Obviously they have a big promotional launch in the coming days so are holding back on the imagery for now.

You'll have the lads and girls standing on the ha'penny bridge striking their best pose soon enough ;)

Hope we get a bit more dark navy on it this time around but fair play to the last Jersey it will go down in history that one! Not my favourite of looks but they Smashed all sorts of records in it.

For me though the new kit has to have more dark navy on it, stripes on the shorts (white or sky blue) and most importantly.. collars!!. I won't be buying one without collars. Can't stand collarless jerseys.. most of the culchie jerseys are round neck yokes.. we had that in the past.. rotten. All our classic teams have worn collars.

Hopefully it'll be a belter... there's a very big year ahead and it'd be nice to look the part. ;)

Either way I'm certain it'll be selling well and that money is put to very good use.

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 20164 - 10/10/2018 08:32:57    2145874

Link

Replying To jimbodub:  "Well spotted!

Yeah spot on.. I'm liking the training gear alright

Obviously they have a big promotional launch in the coming days so are holding back on the imagery for now.

You'll have the lads and girls standing on the ha'penny bridge striking their best pose soon enough ;)

Hope we get a bit more dark navy on it this time around but fair play to the last Jersey it will go down in history that one! Not my favourite of looks but they Smashed all sorts of records in it.

For me though the new kit has to have more dark navy on it, stripes on the shorts (white or sky blue) and most importantly.. collars!!. I won't be buying one without collars. Can't stand collarless jerseys.. most of the culchie jerseys are round neck yokes.. we had that in the past.. rotten. All our classic teams have worn collars.

Hopefully it'll be a belter... there's a very big year ahead and it'd be nice to look the part. ;)

Either way I'm certain it'll be selling well and that money is put to very good use."
Looks like we are going back to a lighter shade of blue, reminds me of the 70s jerseys or 2011 jersey. There is something really unique about the Dublin jersey, dont think there is anything like it, most teams are green, white red or maroon. But the Sky Blue is all ours.

I wasnt mad on the white instead of the navy last time out but it grew on me and was another unique angle as opposed to other counties, it would now seem weird to go back to navy now but im sure ill grow back into it:) Having the spire on seams was another cool angle.

Agreed on collars but i have a feeling we might go without given they arent in vogue and seems to be the way of things. Plus we are the most marketable both the men and women's so i think that will come into it, how these things look on adds and promotions etc.

Either way it will sell like hotcakes, we must make an absolute fortune when a new jersey comes out and all the other gear, which as you say is really excellent gear. Im not far from the O'Neills factory really some bargains to be had in there as opposed to buying anywhere else. Upstairs they have stuff on sale and its great for training tshirts, tracksuit bottoms, i was in there a few weeks back and they were selling the Dublin winter jackets for 30 euro, i paid 80 for one last January. They always have piles of Dublin gear upstairs and down. Worth a trip if your out that direction.

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 3830 - 10/10/2018 14:34:40    2145951

Link

Been in there a few times if/when some freelance stuff comes up in TV3 (just around the corner in Ballymount)

An excellent shop and as you said some good bargains to be had upstairs. Got the young lad a few bits and bobs in there on sale

Here's hoping the new gear has a bit of style to it ;) we need to be looking well for next season .. history to be made. Got to look the part!

#fab5

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 20164 - 10/10/2018 16:13:19    2145964

Link

The Sky Blue geansaí is iconic. Easily the easiest on the eye in the country. Although that doesn't mean there hasn't been a few dodgy jerseys over the years, 2013 and the horrible effort around 2002 stand out as bad for me.

The only county with as nice a mix of colours is Down. Something about the red and black does it for me ;)

MesAmis (Dublin) - Posts: 13194 - 10/10/2018 16:31:18    2145969

Link

The lighter the blue the better, my favs are 2011 & '83/'84 ones.

realdub (Dublin) - Posts: 7841 - 10/10/2018 21:26:06    2146001

Link

Mostly light blue with bleed on end of sleeves and shorts to navy. Stripes on shoulders.
Looks good.

Dubh_linn (Dublin) - Posts: 2206 - 11/10/2018 08:42:28    2146024

Link

I like it!

For me the best looking jersey for a fair while.. it's up there with the 2005 / 2011 jersey

Navy Collars, white stripes back on the shorts, white stripes on the shoulders, and an interesting faded Navy buzz around the arm cuffs/holes

That's a nice looking Dubs jersey

We'll certainly look the part.. history to be made in 2019

#immortal5

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 20164 - 11/10/2018 09:11:07    2146030

Link

http://www.elverys.ie/elverys/en/Elverys/GAA/O%27Neills-Dublin-2019-Home-Jersey%2C-Blue/p/000000000001091686_BLUE

A fine bit of stuff

Liking the 80's retro buzz to the arm sleeve edge

Yep. A class jersey.. ticks most of the boxes. The boys and girls will be looking sharp

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 20164 - 11/10/2018 09:30:36    2146034

Link

Not bad but would have preferred if the trim was all navy. I'm not mad on the white trim on the shoulders. Also not 100% sold on the fade on the shorts. I do like the fade on the sleeves - similar idea to the 2002 jersey, which I thought was pretty snazzy at the time.

I think I'll need to see it in the flesh before making a final judgement.

Kurt_Angle (Dublin) - Posts: 565 - 11/10/2018 11:34:40    2146055

Link

Don't like the shorts

realdub (Dublin) - Posts: 7841 - 11/10/2018 12:45:55    2146072

Link

not liking it boys and girls. I hated the last one and it grew on me to the point I don't want It to change. Maybe this will grow on me too.

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13597 - 11/10/2018 13:00:37    2146076

Link

Im not mad on it to be honest, but im generally like that about new kits and begin to like them after a bit of use and warfare in them.

Would have preferred if they were either all white or all navy trim. The navy fade reminds me of the kit in the early noughties, i still think i have it somewhere.

Not mad on the fade on the shorts either, but id say they will go all navy once again for games once a a good few pairs of the navy fade are sold. I think its a bit unique having a pair of individual shorts for a county team and probably designed as an additional money spinner.

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 3830 - 11/10/2018 13:56:13    2146084

Link

I'll wait til I see it on a hangar. I didn't buy the last one, first time in donkeys not buying a new jersey, as didn't like the white stripes, much preferred the navy. So we're halfway back with this one. The pixelation is a brave move. They might get away with it on the jersey but the shorts look like they're straight out of a 90s Mr Motivator video. They might work in Bermuda on a surf board but on a muddy, winter's day freezing your balls off in Dr Hyde Park?

Joxer (Dublin) - Posts: 4363 - 11/10/2018 18:57:14    2146114

Link

Jersey is nice

Shorts letting the show down alright

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 20164 - 12/10/2018 10:45:00    2146181

Link

Feck me nearly 5 pages about the design of the jersey? Ye have little to be worrying about in all fairness lol i suppose 5 pages for 5 in a row??

mrsme (USA) - Posts: 172 - 12/10/2018 22:30:45    2146299

Link

Replying To mrsme:  "Feck me nearly 5 pages about the design of the jersey? Ye have little to be worrying about in all fairness lol i suppose 5 pages for 5 in a row??"
This thread goes back a few years and discusses plenty of previous jerseys years ago!

FOB (Dublin) - Posts: 912 - 13/10/2018 12:18:15    2146329

Link

New keeper Jersey is out today lads, have to say i really like it and am going to get it. I give it two wears before its covered in gargle stains and curry chips though.

https://twitter.com/DubGAAOfficial

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 3830 - 17/10/2018 16:46:59    2146998

Link

Replying To TheUsername:  "New keeper Jersey is out today lads, have to say i really like it and am going to get it. I give it two wears before its covered in gargle stains and curry chips though.

https://twitter.com/DubGAAOfficial"
Nice new keeper jersey.. I'm liking them both, just the shorts that are so so but tried on the new one and it looks the part, for me a very nice jersey

Check this out

Great seeing all the kids cheering

https://youtu.be/Ty40fkJIHdQ

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 20164 - 17/10/2018 20:25:48    2147016

Link

Replying To TheUsername:  "New keeper Jersey is out today lads, have to say i really like it and am going to get it. I give it two wears before its covered in gargle stains and curry chips though.

https://twitter.com/DubGAAOfficial"
Agreed. Think the new goalie jersey looks really smart. The navy trim looks really good and can't understand why the stripes on the outfield jersey weren't also navy. Maybe AIG had an input with the white trim but think they missed a trick here?

Kurt_Angle (Dublin) - Posts: 565 - 18/10/2018 10:18:45    2147070

Link

In fairness we were blue & white pre '74 so maybe it's a 'connection' colour. Ive no problem with the white its the bleed/fade I dont like, very soccerish :D

realdub (Dublin) - Posts: 7841 - 18/10/2018 20:11:26    2147168

Link