Carlow Forum

Carlow v Antrim

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Leinstergaa.ie says Carlow v London may 18th at 3pm in dr.cullen park

Naomheoin90 (Carlow) - Posts: 24 - 15/04/2013 16:32:55    1368164

Link

And football is may 19th mullingar at at 3.30pm ...

Naomheoin90 (Carlow) - Posts: 24 - 15/04/2013 16:36:57    1368166

Link

It's around this time last year that we wanted Frank gone and that Nicky was the future goalie. There is no one close to him in Carlow at the moment and even the rangers have no replacement for him at the moment. It's easy know why Kevin Ryan went after him last year and wouldn't take no for an answer. We need every best player in Carlow to get on board and in fairness to Myler he was brought in at the end of the Carlow championship and didn't get to see all the games and pick the best lads in his own eyes.

TopFan (Carlow) - Posts: 166 - 15/04/2013 17:26:37    1368208

Link

Dualclub just can't help him (or her)self. It was Carlow that lost yesterday, leave the club bullcrap until later in the year.

Stupid talk.

St.John (Carlow) - Posts: 202 - 15/04/2013 19:24:15    1368299

Link

ST John, scroll back through the earlier posts and youll see its your own clubman that starts the naomh eoin rants

Dualclub1 (Carlow) - Posts: 258 - 16/04/2013 10:35:30    1368473

Link

Saint John it was carlowtothecore who brought in the club thing, 5 Naomh Moan men leading the charge. They led it alright hence relegated. I believe for one that we only had about 7/8 of the best hurlers in carlow playing last sunday. there were guys playing that wouldnt make some club teams in carlow?????????????? so whats the problem here????? in my opinion there should be new selectors brought in to much bias showed to some clubs. Its an awful step back for carlow hurling, like it or not. next year now avearage players could win division 2 and everyone will be on here singing and praising them. The county set up is awful.. Kevin Ryan was going places with us.

oki (Carlow) - Posts: 38 - 16/04/2013 10:48:42    1368484

Link

I think you may have overstated the case but there is a element of truth to your post OKI. Think Dualclub was right in that there is too much selectorial bias . I have said here before that one member of half back line is in trouble in every match that I've seen yet he seems to be a nailed on starter every game. A player who has played corner forward , half forward and midfield this year seems to be treated similarly despite very poor showings. I think that Meyler should recruit some new selectors if he is hanging around for another year.

pennypincher (Carlow) - Posts: 777 - 16/04/2013 11:30:01    1368512

Link

This trash talk is going to do carlow NO good. I said this before about club rivalry getting in the way let's just talk about what we can do going forward. I believe the league will be restructured anyway so we might just get lucky and given those lads had the country turn around take notice of carlow hurling I'm sure we have the support of other counties too. It is a shame we got relegated but do we deserve otherwise? We lost every game simple as. Should we have won? No but could we have won? yes. The small thing's cost us so as I see it small changes are in order. Any opinions as to what? I do agree somewhat about selectors too a new manager with the same set up? Doesn't make sense. As for players well they're the ones in there doing the training when other's had the same opportunity to do so but declined so in my view whether they play for the rangers, myshall, N Brid, St Mullins, Bagnelstown, Ballinkillen or St Brigids they shouldn't be compared to players not in there. I do agree too that there are some stronger players not in there which is a shame. I'm looking forward to London firstly and see what they bring

Eager_to_hurl (Carlow) - Posts: 81 - 16/04/2013 13:29:10    1368618

Link

Eagar-to-hurl
fair point but here is my view. i stated before and i was barracated for doing so. I believe myler did not approach half of the better hurlers in the county. i for one was talking to 3 rangers players who are the county champions and the dominant force in carlow and only 4 were asked in. then later on 2 more were asked to joined after a few defeats. putting all club things aside we all have to admit that at least 11/12 of them should have been asked in. to have 4 in theer from the county champions and 10 from beaten semi fianlists doesnt add up. im not saying a word about the myshall lads for going in fair play to them they have gone in and repersent there club and county well my issue is why was there only so few from rangers asked in???????????? i Believe there is at least 8 players out there from the clubs that were not asked in who would be certainties for places. but who picked the squad Myler? o Hara??? English??? we have a cork man, a myshall man & a kilkenny man picking or squads. How many matches do these lads go to club wise? why isnt there more selectors with more knowledge in there instead?? I think Kevin Ryan should have been left in the job. Remeber 3 years ago we beat wexford and ran clare to a point, in that same season we beat Antrim twice. why have we gone backwards? everyone saying the league is going to be restructured again, it was restructured last year, even Jimmy Barry Murphy said it yesterday we will take our medicine. Kevin Ryan got us to 1B then we sacked him. Have we won any important game under Myler. Antrim have beat us twice. Bias seems to be towards the south of the county, it should be sorted and fast. we should not have been relagted. Wexford, Offaly, Antrim all should have been wins regardless. but we hurling folk are starting to act like our football counterparts with moral victory talk. we run a few teams close and were all twieeting, facebooking etc about fantastic performances. grow up were not as good as we think we are.

oki (Carlow) - Posts: 38 - 16/04/2013 14:55:16    1368710

Link

Agree totally with you on that " eager to hurl". Every county has the same problems with lads not committing to teams and we can only play with what we have. I do think we do need new selectors on board to give a fresh view on things nothing else. If there was club championship on like every year, John myler could look at improving the panel for the championship as we need a few scoring forwards and a goalie.

TopFan (Carlow) - Posts: 166 - 16/04/2013 15:00:37    1368720

Link

Oki I said that Iagreed with an element of what you said previously but your last post was just a rant. Whatever bout the truth of what you claim about lads not being asked in, your point re Ryan is just wrong, he wasn't sacked he left. He had made it clear at start of last year that he was leaving. Now maybe more effort could have been made to change his mind but thats another story.

pennypincher (Carlow) - Posts: 777 - 17/04/2013 12:01:33    1369084

Link

ST John, scroll back through the earlier posts and youll see its your own clubman that starts the naomh eoin rants

With all due respect, your post went beyond the wind-up nature of CtotheC's. In my opinion, of course.

That said, I don't think either club (or the others) should be using any of the county team threads for point-scoring. There will be plenty to write about by Autumn's end about the clubs.

St.John (Carlow) - Posts: 202 - 20/04/2013 21:04:42    1370822

Link

Fair point St.John. Let the hurling do the talking

Bimb (Carlow) - Posts: 434 - 21/04/2013 12:25:09    1370921

Link