Galway Forum

Galway Club That Has Never Won A Trophy

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To gfsc:  "Na Piarsaigh have won a competitive trophy either underage or adult in every decade from the 60's except the 70's (so many left due to immigration). An amalgamation with Carna Cashel at underage level has brought more success in resent years. Not to mention Scór and awards their pitch/grounds have won.

Everything is relative people. A club who can survive in such hard economic times and still field teams such be considered a success. A full Trophy cabinet is great however we all can't be Corofin who we all admire.

I find it funny the way you've tired to anglicise them by calling them The Piarsaigh! Na Piarsaigh is a proud Gealtachta club.

You've have the question the person who started this childish forum just to mock other clubs."
Can you list all these trophies they've won? I'm not interested in pitch awards or scór awards.Every club in Ireland has dealt with immigration, not just this *Gaeltachta club.
It's not about mocking clubs, it's just a question on a forum, no need to take it to heart.

cavan.galway (Galway) - Posts: 91 - 20/02/2020 11:02:27    2268592

Link

Replying To clare_sparrow:  "Hurling heartland is, where the heart of hurling is in Galway for the past 50 years. The Triangle I refer to is not a hard boarder on the map, it is a loose term for what are the clubs in the Hurling heartland, for example clubs I would also consider part of this triangle (as they are on the periphery of that line, and wernt mentioned here yet) are Killimordaly, Kinvara, Carnmore, Turlock, Cappy, Leitrim/Kilnadeema, Clarinbridge. And theres probably a few more too. Sorry but North Galway and Far East Galway are not hurling heartland for the past 2 or 3 generations. There is simply no argument. Hurling heartland of the 19th century is for another day thank you very much."
What a load of bull. Killimordaly, Kinvara, Carnmore, Turloughmore, Cappy, Leitrim/Kilnadeema. None have won a county senior title in the last 30 years and only turloughmore and kinvara have contested and lost one each. North Galway and east Galway clubs account for 13 out of 30 titles in Kiltormer, Sarsfields and Athenry. You could argue that Portumna is part of east Galway too as they were part of the old east board championship. That would add to 19. You need to do a bit of reading I think. This thread is rotten with fake news.

MountainSouth (Galway) - Posts: 34 - 26/02/2020 14:31:11    2270315

Link

Replying To Mickhiggins:  "I started the thread, if you think it's childish please by all means refrain from commenting on it. I wouldn't want you feeling in any way troubled or upset. I'm sure there are other threads that better suit your more grown up requirements"
Great thread! :D

2020galway (Galway) - Posts: 9 - 27/02/2020 13:48:13    2270487

Link

Replying To katser:  "Galway Hurling Team of the Millenium.
1. Seanie Duggan ..........Liam Mellows
2. Sylvie Linnane.............Gort
3. Conor Hayes................Kiltormer
4. Mick Dervan.................Tynagh
5. Pete Finnerty................Mullagh
6. Sean Silke .....................Meelick-Eyrecourt
7. Iggy Clarke.....................Mullagh
8. Joe Samon ....................Meelick-Eyrecourt
9. Fr.Gantly........................Ardrahan
10. Mick King.....................Castlegar
11. Joe Cooney...................Sarsfields
12. PJ Molloy.......................Athenry
13. Josie Gallagher.............Gort
14 John Connolly................Castlegar
15. Noel Lane......................Ballindeeren .
Now figure out the hurling heartland!"
Laochra Gael TG4 Thurs 26th March 9.30pm.
Iggy Clarke........the Irish Warrior and best No.7 Galway hurlers ever had.

katser (Galway) - Posts: 932 - 23/03/2020 19:46:23    2274420

Link

Replying To katser:  "Laochra Gael TG4 Thurs 26th March 9.30pm.
Iggy Clarke........the Irish Warrior and best No.7 Galway hurlers ever had."
Who would you omit to bring in Daithi and JC, our 2 best ever players?

SixtiesKid (Galway) - Posts: 152 - 23/03/2020 20:25:04    2274426

Link

Replying To SixtiesKid:  "Who would you omit to bring in Daithi and JC, our 2 best ever players?"
PJ Molloy for Joe Canning, Daithi has stiff competition in the backs!!

katser (Galway) - Posts: 932 - 23/03/2020 23:48:25    2274437

Link