Minor Hurling Championship (Shield) Final
MICHAEL CUSACKS 1-20 v 3-13 LIATROIM

Looks to have been a great game!

THEMOLE2 (Down) - Posts: 1615 - 23/10/2017 08:04:56    2057109

Link

2017 Down GAA Minor Hurling Championship Semi Final Results
PORTAFERRY 3-16 v 2-16 BREDAGH
BALLYCRAN 1-12 v 0-8 BALLYGALGET

No real shocks in these results as the Ports, hot favs to win the title, and the Crans do the business. Glad to see the Galgets managed to field a team.

THEMOLE2 (Down) - Posts: 1615 - 23/10/2017 08:06:37    2057110

Link

Wednesday 1st Nov 2017 - Down Minor Hurling Championship Final
BALLYCRAN vs PORTAFERRY

7 30 PM Downpatrick

THEMOLE2 (Down) - Posts: 1615 - 23/10/2017 08:18:21    2057114

Link

Replying To RedDog68:  "Because the minor is football is a double header with the senior. Maybe the hurling could of been the same if matches weren't called off so easily for silly matches on the weekend."
Red Dog they charge into the minor football championship anyway, nothing to do with it being a double header ( charge for semis etc as well), go to Dublin, Cork, Tipp etc and see do you get in free to the Minor final!

On second point the biggest delay in championship was the Ports v Liatriom saga, to be fair everyone knew there was a possibility something would happen in that game hence think the county management were right in what they did for the Armagh game......been a nightmare trying to prepare a team for All Ireland with the aftermath if that game in the background.....

Anyway all spilt milk now as we are at final stage and hard to see the Ports being beaten as they will hold the Crans at the back while having too much upfront for them

PaudieSull1 (Down) - Posts: 738 - 23/10/2017 09:17:47    2057128

Link

Replying To THEMOLE2:  "2017 Down GAA Minor Hurling Championship Semi Final Results

No real shocks in these results as the Ports, hot favs to win the title, and the Crans do the business. Glad to see the Galgets managed to field a team."
Mole the Crans, Galget match was played entirely 15 v 13, not exactly "fielding a team" in my book

downredhand (Tyrone) - Posts: 567 - 23/10/2017 09:48:26    2057144

Link

Replying To downredhand:  "
Replying To THEMOLE2:  "2017 Down GAA Minor Hurling Championship Semi Final Results

No real shocks in these results as the Ports, hot favs to win the title, and the Crans do the business. Glad to see the Galgets managed to field a team."
Mole the Crans, Galget match was played entirely 15 v 13, not exactly "fielding a team" in my book"
Wouldn't consider Portaferry to be hot favourites, bcran beat them by 5 if I remember correctly in the league but by the sounds of things they seem to have the hunger to get another minor championship so sets up for an interesting final with all to play for.

theman101 (Down) - Posts: 28 - 23/10/2017 10:34:28    2057161

Link

Replying To theman101:  "
Replying To downredhand:  "[quote=THEMOLE2:  "2017 Down GAA Minor Hurling Championship Semi Final Results

Mole the Crans, Galget match was played entirely 15 v 13, not exactly "fielding a team" in my book"
Wouldn't consider Portaferry to be hot favourites, bcran beat them by 5 if I remember correctly in the league but by the sounds of things they seem to have the hunger to get another minor championship so sets up for an interesting final with all to play for."]League results mean nothing in championship hurling - look at ballygalget last year

Hawk.eye (Down) - Posts: 65 - 23/10/2017 12:25:10    2057202

Link

Ports v crans final then, should be an interesting match. Who would the main players for each team be? Even though our boys were 2 men down on Saturday, Ballycran still seemed to have a few tidy hurlers.

frankie101 (Down) - Posts: 9 - 23/10/2017 23:08:45    2057408

Link

Mole the Crans, Galget match was played entirely 15 v 13, not exactly "fielding a team" in my book
downredhand (Tyrone)

Would you prefer that they never fielded altogether?? My point being, they were obviously really struggling with numbers BUT at least they managed to get a team of sorts onto the pitch and got the game played.

THEMOLE2 (Down) - Posts: 1615 - 24/10/2017 09:26:42    2057443

Link

Replying To THEMOLE2:  "Mole the Crans, Galget match was played entirely 15 v 13, not exactly "fielding a team" in my book
downredhand (Tyrone)

Would you prefer that they never fielded altogether?? My point being, they were obviously really struggling with numbers BUT at least they managed to get a team of sorts onto the pitch and got the game played."
Exactly,
13 Ballygalget hurlers got a game, 18 Ballycran hurlers got a game, so I've no issue with what Ballygalget felt they needed to do to make this happen.
There was no child ever put at risk, that needs to be made clear.

bricktop (Down) - Posts: 2501 - 24/10/2017 10:47:30    2057467

Link

Replying To bricktop:  "
Replying To THEMOLE2:  "Mole the Crans, Galget match was played entirely 15 v 13, not exactly "fielding a team" in my book
downredhand (Tyrone)

Would you prefer that they never fielded altogether?? My point being, they were obviously really struggling with numbers BUT at least they managed to get a team of sorts onto the pitch and got the game played."
Exactly,
13 Ballygalget hurlers got a game, 18 Ballycran hurlers got a game, so I've no issue with what Ballygalget felt they needed to do to make this happen.
There was no child ever put at risk, that needs to be made clear."
Bit of a change for you Bricktop usually you see giving out about teams playing 11/13 a side but you seem happy enough on this occasion??? Agree it's better to have the game played but I genuinely think they are going to have to look at the 15 a side stipulation for championship at 16/ minor as teams are really struggling this year.......would love to know how many games in the league and round robin series of championship were 15 a side, I know we played the Crans in the league and they only had 13 that night at home as an example

PaudieSull1 (Down) - Posts: 738 - 24/10/2017 11:23:52    2057482

Link

downredhand (Tyrone)

Personally I don't think they should have fielded with only 13 knowing they were never going to have any more.
13 honest lads ran themselves into the ground for an unachievable task just in the sake of "Club Honour".
The lads carried themselves impeccably but I don't think they should have been put in that position, as I say just my opinion

downredhand (Tyrone) - Posts: 567 - 24/10/2017 11:29:03    2057484

Link

Replying To downredhand:  "
downredhand (Tyrone)

Personally I don't think they should have fielded with only 13 knowing they were never going to have any more.
13 honest lads ran themselves into the ground for an unachievable task just in the sake of "Club Honour".
The lads carried themselves impeccably but I don't think they should have been put in that position, as I say just my opinion"
Was it not the players decision?

Just to clarify, every man and his dog knew Ballygalget had only a small panel of 16/17 in total, so with a few injuries and a suspension they had to do something. That is very different to what Liatroim were doing (within the rules) by playing only 11 strong hurlers and denying the other 4 or 5 they magically got to line out this weekend a chance to develop.

That's the difference in the mentality of a senior hurling club and an intermediate club.

If we were in Ballygalgets position I would have expected us to do the same.

bricktop (Down) - Posts: 2501 - 24/10/2017 11:49:09    2057494

Link

Just remember lads, like the teams that have came before them, ballycran crumble at championship!!

RedDog68 (Down) - Posts: 291 - 24/10/2017 13:28:54    2057529

Link