Dublin Forum

Dublin V Kerry

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To waynoI:  "Its not that we don't want the record, its just 4th in most of our priorities behind

A) winning the all Ireland
B) Winning the league
C) Winning Leinster

Those 3 things are what people talk about, nobody talks or cares about records until someone is close to beating it.

I didn't even know about the record until after the Cavan game.

Everyone is talking about going for 3 in a row all Irelands. Some things are just more important."
Couldn't agree more , feel bragging rights for fans is what's at stake here , in the pubs at the weekend that will make for good natured banter no harm there , but in all my years Ive never had a Kerryman rub my nose in it over a record , they have thrown medals and titles at me with great relish.

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 15/03/2017 11:02:20    1967203

Link

On to the match , Id love to see Dermo coming off the bench for this one , we don't need a side show if he starts hell have some jumped up moron winding him up from the start , the sight of Dermo coming on 25 mins to go would have them si77in themselves ,side has been reasonably balanced and lads by and large have stepped up be surprised if Jim doesn't show a level of loyalty , but as said in a previous post I never second guess him as I'm always wrong , some lads will be very disappointed if left out.

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 15/03/2017 11:06:03    1967204

Link

Anyone know what's the story with Cormac Costello, played last 30 against Cavan, hasn't featured since, would have thought he is one that would benefit from lots of league exposure, injured?

sligo joe (Dublin) - Posts: 191 - 15/03/2017 16:07:40    1967329

Link

Replying To sligo joe:  "Anyone know what's the story with Cormac Costello, played last 30 against Cavan, hasn't featured since, would have thought he is one that would benefit from lots of league exposure, injured?"
Have no idea on Cormac , youd have to think injured

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5193 - 16/03/2017 10:55:09    1967498

Link

Replying To sligo joe:  "Anyone know what's the story with Cormac Costello, played last 30 against Cavan, hasn't featured since, would have thought he is one that would benefit from lots of league exposure, injured?"
Overheard a couple of lads chatting on the Hill before the Tyrone game. They were saying he had picked up a hamstring injury V Cavan apparently.

gingerdub (Dublin) - Posts: 11 - 16/03/2017 12:29:35    1967541

Link

Replying To gingerdub:  "Overheard a couple of lads chatting on the Hill before the Tyrone game. They were saying he had picked up a hamstring injury V Cavan apparently."
Yea true, he is injured, Wasn't sure if it was him hammy but he definitely pulled up toward the end, I believe he is back in training though, wouldn't be surprised if he gets some game time this weekend but one way or the other he isn't being rushed back.

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13541 - 16/03/2017 13:33:40    1967565

Link

Replying To waynoI:  "Yea true, he is injured, Wasn't sure if it was him hammy but he definitely pulled up toward the end, I believe he is back in training though, wouldn't be surprised if he gets some game time this weekend but one way or the other he isn't being rushed back."
CC has been plagued with injuries over his short career to date

Has really halted his progress / progression with the seniors

Once again, he gets unlucky when there's a place there for him to get game time and stamp his claim

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19833 - 16/03/2017 15:30:16    1967607

Link

Looking forward to this for ages.

Keep the boot down on the Kingdom and don't let them up.

They get notions very quickly!

gormdubhgorm (Dublin) - Posts: 990 - 17/03/2017 13:16:14    1967821

Link

Team announced, whether it starts or not is another thing, no changes from the Mayo starting 15.

Big show of faith in some of the young lad:

Dublin Starting 15 (v Kerry):
1. Stephen Cluxton (Parnells)
2. Philly McMahon (Ballymun Kickhams)
3. Michael Fitzsimons (Cuala)
4. David Byrne (Naomh Olaf)
5. Darren Daly (Fingal Ravens)
6. John Small (Ballymun Kickhams)
7. Eric Lowndes (St. Peregrines)
8. Brian Fenton (Raheny)
9. Michael Darragh Macauley (Ballyboden St. Endas)
10. Niall Scully (Templeogue Synge St.)
11. Dean Rock (Ballymun Kickhams)
12. Shane B. Carthy (St. Vincents)
13. Ciaran Kilkenny (Castleknock)
14. Eoghan O'Gara (Templeogue Synge St.)
15. Conor McHugh (Na Fianna)

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 3471 - 18/03/2017 00:09:31    1968045

Link

Replying To TheUsername:  "Team announced, whether it starts or not is another thing, no changes from the Mayo starting 15.

Big show of faith in some of the young lad:

Dublin Starting 15 (v Kerry):
1. Stephen Cluxton (Parnells)
2. Philly McMahon (Ballymun Kickhams)
3. Michael Fitzsimons (Cuala)
4. David Byrne (Naomh Olaf)
5. Darren Daly (Fingal Ravens)
6. John Small (Ballymun Kickhams)
7. Eric Lowndes (St. Peregrines)
8. Brian Fenton (Raheny)
9. Michael Darragh Macauley (Ballyboden St. Endas)
10. Niall Scully (Templeogue Synge St.)
11. Dean Rock (Ballymun Kickhams)
12. Shane B. Carthy (St. Vincents)
13. Ciaran Kilkenny (Castleknock)
14. Eoghan O'Gara (Templeogue Synge St.)
15. Conor McHugh (Na Fianna)"
You couldn't really fault the display last day against Mayo, so yeah it's only fair

We have some serious options from the bench too

Honestly a pity to hear about JOD not starting for Kerry, another handy excuse for the chief excuse merchants

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19833 - 18/03/2017 09:36:47    1968064

Link

First post.
Poor enough half , partly conditions and partly execution of both teams. Dublin need to track the late runner through the centre.

ctowers (Dublin) - Posts: 78 - 18/03/2017 19:41:18    1968207

Link

First post.
Poor enough half , partly conditions and partly execution of both teams. Dublin need to track the late runner through the centre.

ctowers (Dublin) - Posts: 78 - 18/03/2017 19:42:19    1968209

Link

Replying To ctowers:  "First post.
Poor enough half , partly conditions and partly execution of both teams. Dublin need to track the late runner through the centre."
Awful shite to watch, too much off the ball stuff

dubdec99 (Dublin) - Posts: 166 - 18/03/2017 19:54:14    1968218

Link

Replying To dubdec99:  "Awful shite to watch, too much off the ball stuff"
Not as fluent as summer football but might teach the dubs to be more direct as all this year the slow build up can be as tiresome.
Kerry really looking to win this game though by whatever means necessary .

ctowers (Dublin) - Posts: 78 - 18/03/2017 20:12:15    1968222

Link

Incredible amount of foulng from "The Aristocrats"...

dubdec99 (Dublin) - Posts: 166 - 18/03/2017 20:30:10    1968226

Link

Much better second half , enthralling at the end with some very good direct play. Showed some great resolve

ctowers (Dublin) - Posts: 78 - 18/03/2017 20:40:42    1968231

Link

Replying To dubdec99:  "Incredible amount of foulng from "The Aristocrats"..."
Exactly - spot on...

Aristocrats my Swiss....

Off the ball hits, numerous high tackles and repeat cynical nonsense in the hope of stopping the CHAMPS...!

Great comeback by our lads and happy to get out of the lions den with our unbeaten run still in tact.

McHugh looks like he is gonna be a top player - showing the talent we all know he has.

Hope Small's hamstring injury is not too serious.

Still have Jack, Connolly, Bernard, James McCarthy, Jonny Cooper and Costello to come back into the team...!
Augers well and add to that how fit and well Flynn seems to be...

Roll on the Summer.

Atha Cliath Abú.

Fionn (Dublin) - Posts: 2981 - 18/03/2017 21:58:42    1968284

Link

Replying To dubdec99:  "Incredible amount of foulng from "The Aristocrats"..."
Kilkenny took the yellow for the team at the end so it was not all one sided.

It was a night for muck and bullets and Dublin came out the other end.

I am not sure Dublin deserved the draw, but that is the sign of a class team when the B game is good enough to keep getting results.

gormdubhgorm (Dublin) - Posts: 990 - 18/03/2017 22:10:43    1968294

Link

Replying To gormdubhgorm:  "Kilkenny took the yellow for the team at the end so it was not all one sided.

It was a night for muck and bullets and Dublin came out the other end.

I am not sure Dublin deserved the draw, but that is the sign of a class team when the B game is good enough to keep getting results."
Definitely not one-sided, o'gara lucky not to have seen red.....just really disappointed that Kerry thought that was the best way to lay down a marker...they failed and that game should stand to some of the younger Dubs

dubdec99 (Dublin) - Posts: 166 - 19/03/2017 10:28:40    1968414

Link

Replying To dubdec99:  "Definitely not one-sided, o'gara lucky not to have seen red.....just really disappointed that Kerry thought that was the best way to lay down a marker...they failed and that game should stand to some of the younger Dubs"
Yeah O'Gara was a bit of an eejit alright (not for the first time).
When the rest of the regular forwards come back he will struggle to get his place, unless he is thrown on at the end in desperation stakes and the high ball is used.

But I am delighted Dublin refused to be bullied.

If I am completely honest I am also pleased that Dublin seems to have decent rivalry set up for the next few years.

It is not as much fun running a race on your own!

Plus unlike the fabled Kerry v Dublin rivalry of the 70's/80's, where it was one-sided, this has got great potential.

gormdubhgorm (Dublin) - Posts: 990 - 19/03/2017 11:03:17    1968429

Link