Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

National Forum

Roscommon GAA thread

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

I was in Roscommon on business and caught the last 20 mins of the St Brigids game. Suffice to say they steamrolled the opposition and will win another county final comfortably. A fine performance but a poor standard of football throughout the game which I was surprised about. Thought the standard would be higher.

ohwow (Leitrim) - Posts: 331 - 05/10/2026 14:27:05    2696287

Link

Replying To OhtobeARossie:  "Junior probably will be
Senior most likely brigids will be odds on to win it
Intermediate standard this year is below the years of faitleachs, strokestown etc and would need overall Connacht intermediate to be of a lower standard this year for either Eire og or tulsk to win it."
I said competitive than to win. Brigid's should they overcome Pearses and they needed two tries and MOTM performance from Conor Carroll to do so last year have the toughest route in Connacht needing to beat the Sligo champions at home and away trips Tuam and Castlebar in order to win it, the type of route than can get even the best of teams beat.

Yes Faithleachs,Strokestown and Glaveys before them was stronger Intermediate champions than the current Finalists sides who have gone on to reach senior semi-finals and Tulsk or Éire Og are unlikely going to do that at senior level next year however I would see them as strong as Castlerea in 2023 Croans 2014 when they won the Connnacht Intermediate title and Dominic's,Fuerty,Elphin who was competitive in finals. intermediate is always at a steady standard with the amount of decent Galway,Mayo clubs about.

No disrespect to B teams but it's good for the 2nd year in a row that two 1st choice teams have reached the Junior final. I was attendance for Aidans v Ballinameen group stage game and it was one of the highest quality Junior matches I've seen in this county for many years so hopefully more of the same for that final.

The_analyser (Roscommon) - Posts: 4503 - 05/10/2026 15:18:03    2696295

Link

Replying To ohwow:  "I was in Roscommon on business and caught the last 20 mins of the St Brigids game. Suffice to say they steamrolled the opposition and will win another county final comfortably. A fine performance but a poor standard of football throughout the game which I was surprised about. Thought the standard would be higher."
Thanks very much. We obviously need to improve massively in Roscommon to try and reach Leitrim's level.

Seanfan (Roscommon) - Posts: 959 - 05/10/2026 16:10:39    2696311

Link