National Forum

Westmeath SFC Club 2021

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Lomans surely favourites with their experience but this Portarlington team are young and won't fear Lomans. They have been Laois form club team for the last three years. By all accounts the Laois championship was of poor standard and the score line in the county final would indicate that's not far wrong

mintyfresh (Westmeath) - Posts: 101 - 29/11/2021 14:46:58    2391122

Link

Replying To mintyfresh:  "Lomans surely favourites with their experience but this Portarlington team are young and won't fear Lomans. They have been Laois form club team for the last three years. By all accounts the Laois championship was of poor standard and the score line in the county final would indicate that's not far wrong"
Portarlington are odds-on favourites (with all bookmakers) to win on Sunday.
Lots of money after going on St. Martin's (Louth) to win Leinster outright, Kilmacud are still hot favourites though, nobody seems to be touching Lomans at 16/1.

KooCullen (Westmeath) - Posts: 67 - 30/11/2021 17:34:53    2391243

Link

Replying To KooCullen:  "Portarlington are odds-on favourites (with all bookmakers) to win on Sunday.
Lots of money after going on St. Martin's (Louth) to win Leinster outright, Kilmacud are still hot favourites though, nobody seems to be touching Lomans at 16/1."
I can't understand how they are such long odds. Although you have to factor in how small this betting market is. Stick €100 on Lomans and you'll probably see the odds come in off the back of it. I don't think they'll win it, as Crokes in a semi would be beyond them I think. But I think they'll win this weekend.

jamsie (Westmeath) - Posts: 311 - 01/12/2021 10:48:10    2391270

Link