Westmeath Forum

Championship draws

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Castletown and Raharney is a good way to start the hurling champ. Should be a cracker. Clonkill will have to much fire power for lough lene.

wd45 (Westmeath) - Posts: 181 - 25/02/2016 10:04:59    1827975

Link

Whinging. Get a grip. That county board is a disgrace in my opinion. Getting notified 5 days before games is absolutely outrageous and illustrates the lack of organisation within our own board. Players have families, work commitments and social lives. They need to be able to plan around there football but are not given a chance to do so with this board.
They are a shambles in cusak park. Of course i appreciate that fixtures lists are not easy but in fairness to give players less than a weeks notice of game. This has been going on the last 5 month over the in the winter period with league games from last year being played off and notice of 4 and 5 days been given to people.

So don't patronise anyone on this message board about whingin. Eawy to know you dont have a lot to do in your own social lives or ye obviously never kicked a ball in your lives

ObsessedWH (Westmeath) - Posts: 21 - 25/02/2016 10:51:14    1827995

Link

Senior Football Championship

Section A Section B
Castledaly Tyrrellspass
Mullingar Shamrocks St Lomans Mullingar
Garrycastle Coralstown Kinnegad
Maryland Caulry
Killucan Athlone
The Downs St Malachys

Intermediate Football Championships

Section A Section B
Rosemount Bunbrosna
Tubberclair Tang
Ballynacargy Ballymore
Moate All Whites St Marys Rochfortbridge
Milltownpass Milltown
Ballinagore Shandonagh

Junior Football Championship

Section A First Round Only
Delvin V Loughnavalley
St Pauls V Multyfarnham
Kilbeggan Shamrocks V St Josephs
Castletown Finea Coole Whitehall V Ballycomoyle

martyW (Westmeath) - Posts: 241 - 25/02/2016 11:24:02    1828012

Link

Football Predictions:
Senior: Group A, Shamrocks, Garrycastle, any of the remaining 4 could take 3rd spot . Group B, Lomans, TPass, Athlone. Relegation: Caulry

Intermediate: Group A, Rosemount, T Clair, Milltownpass. Group B, Tang, Bunbrosna, Shandonagh. Relegation: Ballingaore, Milltown

Junior: Group A, CFCW, Multy, Kilbeggan, Pauls. Group B, Shamrocks, Garrycastle

Senior Hurling: No one outside Clonkill, Raharney or Castletown will win it.
Intermediate Hurling: Plunketts should walk it.

Left Full (Westmeath) - Posts: 165 - 25/02/2016 12:55:35    1828069

Link

While i get the complaints about the fixture list not being out, which is justified, i dont get the complaints over the "5 days notice". There is many a challenge game organised between clubs in far far less time and nobody seems to have a problem with it. The CB are not perfect but they are the only one we have and until people get to the Convention and make changes they should stop whinging on here. Ye are the All Ireland Champions of whingers!!! ...... see what i did there!!!

Meridian (Westmeath) - Posts: 482 - 25/02/2016 15:49:27    1828151

Link

5 days is the official notice as per rule. I'm not defending the county board an any way they should have had the master fixtures list out long ago. Most other counties have issued their master fixture list for the year so players and supporters can plan around that. Now that the first round draws are done hopefully the county board can finally get the finger out and issue a full list of games for the year.

Brendanj (Westmeath) - Posts: 59 - 25/02/2016 16:36:06    1828171

Link

'As per rule'. The fall back clause of poor organisation.
5 days should be the very minimum.
10 days would be far better

Lads on shift work organise their work a few weeks in advance
as do gardai etc

I hope the get on with a full calendar of fixtures for the year. A simple wallchart with proposed dates for games should be issued to every club

valley84 (Westmeath) - Posts: 1654 - 25/02/2016 17:15:35    1828188

Link

Still no sign of a master fixture list released. Clubs have not been told if there are Div 1 to 3 league games this weekend. (It's now Monday morning).

Personally, I was trying to book a weekend away but I suppose the county board couldn't give a toss about the club players.

It's beyond a joke at this stage.

ondeball (Westmeath) - Posts: 98 - 29/02/2016 09:12:40    1829095

Link

Maybe you should check with your club secretary about fixtures, as there is a round of div 1 games this weekend as well
also check westmeath web as it shows all fixtures and approx dates

nearlymadeit (Westmeath) - Posts: 74 - 29/02/2016 09:35:41    1829113

Link

Our club secretary has just confirmed that we have still not received any fixtures for this weekend.

The website gives some fixtures for division 1 but nothing for any other division.

I hate to be giving out but out of respect to the players involved I think things have to drastically change.

ondeball (Westmeath) - Posts: 98 - 29/02/2016 10:26:15    1829138

Link

Does anyone know the correct date for the 1st round of championship fixtures for definite.
I hear weekend of 16th & 17th of April but are the county Minors not playing that weekend?

gti (Westmeath) - Posts: 176 - 29/02/2016 12:06:04    1829234

Link

Same with the hurling gti, minor championship on the 9th and club on the 10th

westmeath2015 (Westmeath) - Posts: 153 - 29/02/2016 19:40:10    1829547

Link

A week later and no sign of dates

manfromdelmonte (UK) - Posts: 541 - 02/03/2016 20:36:57    1830247

Link

Will senior hurling be pushed back now?

westmeath2015 (Westmeath) - Posts: 153 - 30/03/2016 14:28:08    1839265

Link

Up until now I wasn't too concerned about the lack of any form of fixture list for the year but the fact that we're heading into April and championship is in a couple of weeks makes the whole thing a bit of a farce. Most clubs have only played two or three league games and are now expected to lift themselves for a Championship game having only trained and played the odd challenge game over the last few months. I know there are league fixtures for midweek next week so does that mean that the county players are going to be expected to play for the county on Sunday and then jump straight into the club team on Tuesday having not been seen for the year so far? It just seems as though the county's fixtures are being organised on a day by day basis which is completely unfair on all of the hard working club players, managers and officials in the county.

LakemenAbu (Westmeath) - Posts: 134 - 31/03/2016 11:19:55    1839566

Link