Westmeath Forum

Westmeath Camógs

(Oldest Posts First)

Congrats to the team. A great win.

valley84 (Westmeath) - Posts: 1655 - 10/09/2017 18:25:43    2044664

Link

Great first half display laid the foundation.The Westmeath women showed physique isn't everything and their better stick work was the difference

jobber (Westmeath) - Posts: 698 - 11/09/2017 01:54:00    2044776

Link

Well done all involved.

Jack_Sparrow (Westmeath) - Posts: 844 - 11/09/2017 08:31:52    2044790

Link

How many teams actually play in junior championship? Are all ladies competitions in senior intermediate and junior. Would be a great idea for the men's game. Nice to see the weaker teams feel successful every now and then.

Paddyfla19 (Westmeath) - Posts: 107 - 11/09/2017 11:40:31    2044875

Link

very little respect shown to camogie in the county with camogie final not allowed in Cusack Park

valley84 (Westmeath) - Posts: 1655 - 25/09/2017 08:02:06    2050150

Link

Replying To valley84:  "very little respect shown to camogie in the county with camogie final not allowed in Cusack Park"
Maybe they should get their house in order first before complaining about Cusack Park, a weeks notice to book their finals is not the way they should run their competitions , and what is wrong with Kinnegad anyway

nearlymadeit (Westmeath) - Posts: 74 - 25/09/2017 15:10:54    2050354

Link

Replying To nearlymadeit:  "Maybe they should get their house in order first before complaining about Cusack Park, a weeks notice to book their finals is not the way they should run their competitions , and what is wrong with Kinnegad anyway"
Doubt that you're right there, the camogie board look for Cusack weeks in advance. The camogie was supposed to be in the Park (senior at 2 and junior at 12) but the Athlone/The Downs replay has scuppered their plans. Kinnegad is a grand venue, but by your mentality it sounds to me like you think Westmeath shouldn't have been allowed play the All Ireland camogie final in Croker?

stonemadbeany (USA) - Posts: 378 - 26/09/2017 13:13:42    2050645

Link

Replying To stonemadbeany:  "Doubt that you're right there, the camogie board look for Cusack weeks in advance. The camogie was supposed to be in the Park (senior at 2 and junior at 12) but the Athlone/The Downs replay has scuppered their plans. Kinnegad is a grand venue, but by your mentality it sounds to me like you think Westmeath shouldn't have been allowed play the All Ireland camogie final in Croker?"
As far as I know this is incorrect. Yes the board do look for it well in advance and are flexible on when they fix the final but as far as I'm aware cusack was refused to them before the football was a draw. The games had already been fixed for kinnegad. While there is nothing wrong with kinnegad , the final should be in the county grounds

Dote (Westmeath) - Posts: 208 - 26/09/2017 13:26:28    2050649

Link

Why do people continually come on this forum to berate the county board?

Let us establish a few things.

Who owns Cusack Park? - Not the LGFA or Camogie Association

When either organisations use these grounds do they pay for the groundsman? do they pay for the electricity/oil for the boilers? I'm well placed to believe they do not. They want everything but then they do not contribute anything.

Don't get me wrong, I am delighted that both associations are developing and that they continue to grow, however there is a lot to be said for getting your house in order.

Ferrett (Westmeath) - Posts: 51 - 27/09/2017 11:08:53    2050952

Link

Replying To Ferrett:  "Why do people continually come on this forum to berate the county board?

Let us establish a few things.

Who owns Cusack Park? - Not the LGFA or Camogie Association

When either organisations use these grounds do they pay for the groundsman? do they pay for the electricity/oil for the boilers? I'm well placed to believe they do not. They want everything but then they do not contribute anything.

Don't get me wrong, I am delighted that both associations are developing and that they continue to grow, however there is a lot to be said for getting your house in order."
I wasn't having a go at the co board, at this time of the year hurling and football must take precedent. However, the question/statement of who owns Cusack and pays for its upkeep is worth noting, Westmeath Gaa/Westmeath clubs own Cusack due to the 7 year levy that each club had to pay after its redevelopment in the 90s. Are you saying that women do not contribute financially to their local clubs, because I know they do in my club, and my club pays fees at the start of every year to Cusack park. Also, I would imagine that Westmeath GAA sells fundraising tickets to females, and I've never went to a game in Cusack where the attendance was 100% male, so ladies do contribute financially to Cusack Park.

stonemadbeany (USA) - Posts: 378 - 27/09/2017 13:17:06    2051000

Link