UK Forum

Warwickshire 2020

(Oldest Posts First)

Well Lads, almost that time of year again, anyone any news on managerial changes or players coming & going as well as predictions across the board like.

In another note anyone know what state the pitches are in for the games sunday?

JustSaying. (UK) - Posts: 50 - 21/02/2020 13:21:48    2268791

Link

What's going on with the Warwickshire hurlers ?
I see a walkover has been given to London, in today's national league game, pretty embarrassing for the county as a whole , anyone know why the county didn't field.
County board wasting money again, I believe two new kits bought for the hurling team, home & away kit, then don't even bother to travel to a game.
Must have money to burn, I wouldn't say the sponsor's would be to happy about this.

mayoallstar (Mayo) - Posts: 255 - 01/03/2020 14:50:39    2271126

Link

Replying To mayoallstar:  "What's going on with the Warwickshire hurlers ?
I see a walkover has been given to London, in today's national league game, pretty embarrassing for the county as a whole , anyone know why the county didn't field.
County board wasting money again, I believe two new kits bought for the hurling team, home & away kit, then don't even bother to travel to a game.
Must have money to burn, I wouldn't say the sponsor's would be to happy about this."
They r due to play this weekend so would have been pointless I'd imagine.(bottom 2 meet in relegation in this group)

edshamrocks (Wexford) - Posts: 332 - 03/03/2020 11:18:38    2271902

Link

Any mention on when and if there will be any games played this year?

JustSaying. (UK) - Posts: 50 - 04/08/2020 16:16:29    2286352

Link

No mention in London or Herts anyway, so assume Warwickshire still waiting. The silence is frustrating though, a statemenr of what is happening, what they hope to happen etc would be good

LondainBhoy (UK) - Posts: 27 - 06/08/2020 12:08:44    2286590

Link

I think a lot of sports are waiting for the government to confirm when they can return to play. As I understand it, governing bodies (in our case the provincial council) submitted their proposals for how to return to play and the department for culture, media and sport then review each proposal.

Said it on the other thread but I think there is a growing number of players across the counties on this side of the water who are transferring back home.

WestAwake88 (Galway) - Posts: 52 - 07/08/2020 12:30:54    2286738

Link