Monaghan Forum

Magheracloone v Scotstown - SFC final - who wins and why?

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To sporto:  "Not showing it unfortunately, their twitter account posted earlier that it's the Limerick hurling final live and the Cork football final deferred coverage. Might be some brief highlights on Monday night highlights program that they have."
Yes, just saw that.

Bad luck for me as I'm abroad. Northern Sound it is :-)

bigfrankt (Monaghan) - Posts: 122 - 11/10/2017 13:28:00    2054658

Link

Was at county final today. Congratulations to the blues. Great location for the game. Great seats

Leed (Monaghan) - Posts: 57 - 15/10/2017 23:19:48    2055472

Link

Replying To thehut:  "inniskeen would not be my choice.small stand ,poor terracing, bad pitch and a long way from north monaghan.Clones adds to the occasion...."
And clones is a long way from south Monaghan

roadrunner8o (Monaghan) - Posts: 6 - 16/10/2017 00:10:54    2055479

Link

Highlights of the game came from Conor McCarthy, point late in the 1st half with outside of the boot and the well take goal after K Hughes good running, have to say delighted to see Scotstown winning but there's a huge dearth in emerging talent, county lads head an shoulders above the rest and that was it ....

Some cracking minors on that Kilanny team - the number 11 and the big midfielder class apart (as well as the goalkeepers heroics)

conjack76 (Monaghan) - Posts: 63 - 16/10/2017 14:29:20    2055577

Link

Yes congrats to Scotstown, it would be nice if they gave Ulster a good run again this year.

With regard to the county players overshadowing everyone else, I think maybe they are now so well conditioned that it's very hard for "ordinary" club players to compete. So a club team with 4 or 5 inter-county players are going to be hard to stop unless they meet a similar team.

PolicemanFox (Monaghan) - Posts: 56 - 16/10/2017 17:10:50    2055613

Link

Congrats to Scotstown. Three in a row is a great achievement. Also shows that Mattie McGlennan wasn't going to be the difference after he left. Ballybay will be kicking themselves for letting Scotstown of the hook this year.

Also well done to Killanny on a huge achievement for their club. I remember 8 or 9 years ago they were one of the worst teams in Junior. Lots of work at underage is paying fruition. Their midfielder Connolly looks like a serious prospect.

sleater (Monaghan) - Posts: 111 - 16/10/2017 18:05:54    2055619

Link

Yeah major congrats to both Kilanny and Scotstown. Kilanny midfielder Dean Connolly is some prospect, probably the most consistent player for the county minors this year and ran the show on Sunday.
Scotstown won without really breaking a sweat, and missing arguably their best player in Kieran Hughes for the majority of the match. I don't know what the rest of the county are going to do to compete with them, they 100% have the mental edge over Ballybay after this year, and despite a poor year,I still feel like Clontibret are the only team that can stop them. Scotstown vs Kilcar will be some game! Serious star power with the McHughs and McBreartys coming to town!

HB245 (Monaghan) - Posts: 74 - 16/10/2017 21:47:59    2055649

Link

Bit like the Dublin footballers - we'll have to split Scotstown back in to the original offering of Tydavnet, Knockatallon and Scotstown !!!

GerryD (Monaghan) - Posts: 317 - 17/10/2017 13:09:41    2055738

Link