Kildare Forum

New Kildare selector's

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

There are local rivals Moomoo who we play most years in Leinster course I'm interested in what the enemy is up to. Your obsessed with Dublin who are not your local rivals who are not even in your province who uses barely ever play.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 09/12/2012 16:31:53    1308239

Link

clondalkindub
County: Dublin

Jesus lads switec talks a lot if sense but none of you will listen. Your the most deluded bunch of supporters in Ireland. And I see your going outside the county again for more help no surprises there really.

Of course we won't listen.

Sure we didn't become a top three team by listening to people.

if_in_doubt (Kildare) - Posts: 3640 - 09/12/2012 16:55:45    1308249

Link

clondalkindub

There are local rivals Moomoo who we play most years in Leinster course I'm interested in what the enemy is up to. Your obsessed with Dublin who are not your local rivals who are not even in your province who uses barely ever play.

Not so long ago you were trying to deny you were obsessed with them. Also when ye played Meath you were saying they were your rivals and the enemy, oh wait o forgot you never said anything about them did you?

moomoo (Kerry) - Posts: 4023 - 09/12/2012 20:58:59    1308370

Link

Nothing wrong with being hopeful lads. I'll travel next year hoping we can win a leinster or an all ireland. A leinster is probably our only chance, so that's where the focus should be. Interesting to see how McGeeney will work with Jason Ryan and if they will get on. I wonder has Ryan got his eye on the manager's job for 2014 and that's why he's coming in this year

cilldaraman (Kildare) - Posts: 203 - 10/12/2012 08:48:11    1308417

Link

I think Jason will be a great addition to the squad, however, i would have preferred him as manager, with kieran as a selecter.

ruff1106 (Kildare) - Posts: 175 - 10/12/2012 12:27:26    1308513

Link

Moomoo your a barrel of laughs on here, you need to lighten up man and stop making things up. Meath and Kildare are the enemy most Dubs love beating Meath the most but for me it's Kildare I just love beaten those lillies.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 10/12/2012 13:44:53    1308564

Link

clondalkindub

Moomoo your a barrel of laughs on here, you need to lighten up man and stop making things up. Meath and Kildare are the enemy most Dubs love beating Meath the most but for me it's Kildare I just love beaten those lillies.

Making this up. Its great isnt it that you can claim to have not said something would you know people cant look back over your older posts?

moomoo (Kerry) - Posts: 4023 - 10/12/2012 14:39:44    1308604

Link

cilldaraman
Though it hasn't been said publicly I would think that that would be Jason Ryan's objective -that he will be mamager next year. If so then at least he will be familar with the players by then. Though will our own Glenn Ryan have designs on the job as he will more than likely leave Longford next year.

lilywhite1 (Kildare) - Posts: 2966 - 10/12/2012 15:14:38    1308637

Link

Does anybody else think there's way too much about Kieran McGeeney in the media. Like what has he achieved so far in his managerial career?

gahfan (Wexford) - Posts: 461 - 10/12/2012 15:19:25    1308641

Link

clondalkindub

Surely you've got bigger fish to fry than Kildare? Why would you be so worried about beating us and obsessed with us in the off season.

If we're as bad as you and many others like to make out then why exactly would you like beating us so much? Surely the novelty has worn off by now and the limited achievement of beating us should have been severely diluted by now?

It'd be like a Man Utd fan claiming they preferred beating Reading last weekend over beating Man City yesterday.

Tis somewhat unhealthy this obsession lark...

if_in_doubt (Kildare) - Posts: 3640 - 10/12/2012 16:30:13    1308731

Link

if_in_doubt
I think our old friend clondalkindub is really a closet Kildare man. He who protests too much and all that.

lilywhite1 (Kildare) - Posts: 2966 - 10/12/2012 17:10:15    1308760

Link

As a Wexford man who follows our footballers a lot I think Ryan is a very good addition.... he's very thoughtful and passionate and nearly all the players were sad to see him go, which is good going after being in the job 5 years, I think he would be a great manager next year if he got it....

It will be interesting to see what he is like as a coach. From talking to a few lads in the panel he done very little coaching with the team in general and our forward coaches were Declan Browne and John Hegarty and others over the last few years. Despite that, I'm sure he will be full of ideas and if things don't go well it won't be for the lack of effort, the coaching is an interesting move because he was a "Declan Kidney type" down here, getting in good coaches and looking after more general stuff and tactics.

I hope he does well because he was very well thought of down here and he put a serious serious effort into it.

One slight note of caution, if you like the long early ball in you might not see much of it this year, his style down here was always two inside and two half forwards and the ball would not be let in until the forward was 95% certain to get it, a forward might have to make 10 runs inside to even get a sniff of it, I would argue that the class of players like Matty Forde, Ciaran Lyng and Red Barry really helped!!

Snialler (Wexford) - Posts: 19 - 10/12/2012 20:47:36    1308886

Link

Snialler do you not think the management were a bit niaive last year in Wexford. We were putting up big scores but were leaking huge amount of scores at the back, yet it never seemed to be addressed.

As i said in a previous post I think there's way too much made of McGeeney in the media. Compare and contrast him with what McGuinness has achieved. I accept that he probably had a better squad but still.

gahfan (Wexford) - Posts: 461 - 11/12/2012 16:19:36    1309128

Link

gahfan
County: Wexford

As i said in a previous post I think there's way too much made of McGeeney in the media. Compare and contrast him with what McGuinness has achieved. I accept that he probably had a better squad but still.

Any sections of the media or any reporters in particular?

Radio, tv, newspapers, social media?

if_in_doubt (Kildare) - Posts: 3640 - 11/12/2012 16:34:42    1309145

Link

gahfan
County: Wexford

And what exactly are they making of him ? Tactician, psychological guru, cute hoor ? Any examples of what it is they're saying ?

Surely not a patch on what's been said of McGuiness....hardly a day goes by without something on the man. So his achievements have been more than recognised.

St.Conleth (Kildare) - Posts: 1613 - 11/12/2012 16:44:35    1309150

Link

Any word on who joining ryan and handy in back room team.... Would Darby be interested??

yearofthelily (Kildare) - Posts: 279 - 15/12/2012 17:36:15    1310895

Link

no more to added to backroom

cloon (None) - Posts: 76 - 15/12/2012 20:28:26    1310984

Link

Only Forde would have been a standout player in another county. No other Wexford player was in that category.

fixxer (Kildare) - Posts: 202 - 16/12/2012 17:31:53    1311178

Link

Gahfan
Snialler do you not think the management were a bit naive last year in Wexford. We were putting up big scores but were leaking huge amount of scores at the back, yet it never seemed to be addressed.

Gahfan without wanting to start a Wexford discussion here, I think you have a fair point here, the full back line was often left way too exposed but that also comes with the style we played eg. Panther's five points against Longford from wing back, if he sits in front of the half back line we concede less but also score less so it's a balancing act I suppose

fixxer I would broadly agree that Forde was a different level to everyone else, I think a slightly better version of McNamee from Offaly who was also class. I would argue that Ciaran Lyng and Red Barry would be standout players in other counties... that would probably be it though

Snialler (Wexford) - Posts: 19 - 10/01/2013 19:54:12    1316626

Link