Kildare Forum

Team to play Cavan

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Wouldn't surprise me if it was true. Flynn has been brilliant for Kildare over the last few years but along with plenty others he did look very poor the last day. The sending off might have blotted his copybook a bit also. Strange thing to say about an All-Star but Foley also seemed to be struggling to get used of being back on the edge of the square too. So maybe a re-shuffle wouldn't be the worst thing. Foley and Rob Kelly mightn't be natural midfielders but both are great footballers, hopefully that might be enough.

doublehop (Kildare) - Posts: 4172 - 14/07/2012 17:28:50    1217242

Link

Gone very quiet regarding Hugh Lynch!! He has to be getting back to some sort of match fitness! For me Daryll has to be our first choice midfielder, unless he's carrying an injury he has to start every game.

Kildare30 (Kildare) - Posts: 601 - 14/07/2012 17:38:54    1217247

Link

Would have flynn in alright. After that its trying to see who would partner him. Not many options left. I would put R. Kelly in did well v offaly and see from there. Is H.Lynch far off or whats the story?

lilywhitemagic (Kildare) - Posts: 1693 - 14/07/2012 18:11:35    1217275

Link

I think it's time to stop tinkering. I thought DF did well last time out and was very unlucky, or whatever to be sent to the line, he stabilizes the team when they're in trouble and was sorely lacking in those last ten minutes. Having said that, we had Meath on the rack after that and it was our shooting that let us down. On top of that I think Geezeer made a few bad decisions, or at least decisions that didn't pay off. Mick Foley I thought played pretty well but he's not a midfielder; surely Rob Kelly or Dermot Early, or, if he's fit, Hugh Lynch, would be a much better choice. Early, despite his size, is not great up front.

Dingus (Kildare) - Posts: 271 - 14/07/2012 18:49:06    1217309

Link

Lily whites have your dictionaries of Cavanisms ready for "ta morrow" Heres a test ,can you decipher this ?

"They be a woejus lock of people in yon park da night" Qavin is playin Kildare. Dunno as I comin or goin. Shur poor aul Shawnie knew nothin a der.

They be comin in droves from Mullahoran. Wha abou that der milkin? Tink a nothin,tink a nothin. Layvit till layher.

Brinsley Swartz (Mayo) - Posts: 2225 - 14/07/2012 19:04:50    1217322

Link

eoin doyle will start

updedeise (Kildare) - Posts: 50 - 15/07/2012 14:18:55    1217730

Link