Kildare Forum

Dreamers, Never Contenders

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

waynoI
County: Dublin

1210049 Oh my god lads it was 1 defeat!!! Hardly the end of the world. I said Meath had a big scalp in them and I'm hoping that was it for our sake! But they hammered us in 2010 and we went as far as the semi finals and almost got to a final but for poor discipline surprise surprise! I said if Kildare were beaten by Meath I still expect you to go further in the competition. Chin up!

Jackeen , It doesnt matter if its only one defeat. At the end of the day its a defeat that will stop Kildare achieving one of their goals in winning a provincial crown, Something that they have not done in a long time. Something they have wanted now for years. I thought along with many others that this year was their best chance to win it , But once again they have failed to deliver hence my comparison to the Dublin team of 06 (you could argue 2005) - 2009.

This has been their best panel in a long time, Their best chance to end the exodus of 10 years without a piece of silverware to their name and they havent done it. They like Dublin have struggled to beat teams in the All Ireland series from outside of Leinster but unlike Dublin , they havent won any provincial titles , And with the liklihood of Kieran McGeeney leaving after this campaign , I just cant imagine for one second this Kildare team progressing next year if he should leave.. but thats just my opinion
05/07/2012 21:50:17

You could argue that the Dublin team of 06-2009 were hammered outside of Leinster. Ok a defeat is a defeat but this Kildare team were never hammered when knocked out of the AI. The biggest margin of defeat was three points. Now I know thats nothing to be writing home about but the comparison with Dublins team of that era could not be considered a proper one.

sedico (Kildare) - Posts: 1682 - 06/07/2012 09:22:39    1210668

Link

sedico
the comparison with the dublin team could not be considered proper for the main reason that they consistently won leinsters and we won nothing, as opposed to defeat margins. The 2006-2009 dublin team were better than the current kildare team, the record proves this beyond doubt.

switec (Kildare) - Posts: 525 - 06/07/2012 13:21:09    1210874

Link

switec
County: Kildare

1210874 sedico
the comparison with the dublin team could not be considered proper for the main reason that they consistently won leinsters and we won nothing, as opposed to defeat margins. The 2006-2009 dublin team were better than the current kildare team, the record proves this beyond doubt.

I didn't disagree with him when he made that point about Dublin winning Leinsters - thought that would have been obvious. Along with the fact that I never stated that Kildare were better than that Dublin team makes your post pointless really

sedico (Kildare) - Posts: 1682 - 06/07/2012 13:47:46    1210911

Link

In fairness I would say that Kildare are more contenders than dreamers, still in with a shout I'd say!

realdub (Dublin) - Posts: 7701 - 06/07/2012 17:03:47    1211092

Link