Kildare Forum

Kildare minors 2012

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

not level now,lol

millhouse (Meath) - Posts: 892 - 11/07/2012 20:50:02    1215303

Link

double score victory for dublin. the 2 best minor teams in the final by far. hard luck lads.

BettystownRoyal (Meath) - Posts: 3353 - 11/07/2012 20:52:08    1215304

Link

Disappointed for the lads last night. Dublin deserving winners.

Sad to see the glee of the neighbours for a young team losing. To be expected I suppose.

St.Conleth (Kildare) - Posts: 1590 - 12/07/2012 08:13:12    1215404

Link

Was at the game and I was very impressed by the Dublin Team, some of their forwards kicked excellent long distance scores and only for Heaney in the Kildare goals, with three out standing saves the score line could have been much worse. I feel disappointed for the lads as I know there is football in them, but did not produce it on the night. We were in trouble in the Full back line the whole match and the changes did not help much either. Best of Luck to Dublin and Meath in the Final. It should be a good game as both teams play good attacking football

FearBan (Leitrim) - Posts: 131 - 12/07/2012 10:38:08    1215472

Link

A poor display by Kildare last night. Kildare full back was a standout player last year but was carrying an injury into this game and there was no cover when he had to go off. But it would be unfair to single out one section of the team we were comprehensively beaten in every area. No one played anywhere near their potential on the night with the exception of the keeper.

haggisgolf (Kildare) - Posts: 7 - 12/07/2012 11:14:10    1215524

Link

A poor display by Kildare last night. Kildare full back was a standout player last year but was carrying an injury into this game and there was no cover when he had to go off. But it would be unfair to single out one section of the team we were comprehensively beaten in every area. No one played anywhere near their potential on the night with the exception of the keeper.

haggisgolf (Kildare) - Posts: 7 - 12/07/2012 11:14:48    1215526

Link

A very good first half performance by Kildare, but whatever happened in the second half I do not know! I felt Dublin were there for the taking at half time and I expected Kildare to win the game at that point! Dublin certainly weren't 11 points better than us, but they did deserve the win in fairness!

Anyway, fair play to Dublin last night. A very strong powerful team that will be very hard to beat this year again. Best of luck to them in the final against Meath, what a game that will be.

suncroft_abu (Kildare) - Posts: 298 - 12/07/2012 11:47:44    1215577

Link

Looks like ye need a few more Forwards....Hmm wonder where would ye get them..... An Cabhain maybe

glenny (Meath) - Posts: 1026 - 12/07/2012 11:56:31    1215598

Link

Very good display by Dublin last night, much the better team all over the pitch, looked to always have an extra yard of space and a bit more time on the ball.

Only ones who stood out for Kildare was the keeper Heaney, who made at least three top quality saves, which prevented the Dubs racking up a cricket score.

Kelly and Brophy kicked some nice points each but after that there wasn't much else on offer.

Too many aimless balls into the forwards, lads seemed to be kicking it in without even looking up to see who was available or where the movement was coming from. A lot of time our forwards got on the ball they were left isolated and got crowded out.

Started well and ended the first half strongly, but in the second half once Dublin started running from deep and on the overlap we just had no answer for them. Lads looked as though they didn't know who to mark or which runner to follow.

Don't know their names but numbers 6, 11 and 15 really stood out for Dublin in a very impressive team display.

if_in_doubt (Kildare) - Posts: 3635 - 12/07/2012 11:56:31    1215599

Link