Galway Forum

County minor footballers 2017

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To moc.dna:  "A massive shock, Galway were one of the fancied teams this year. Four points up in the second half & lost by three, a massive turnaround. The three changes made were strange & Harlowe should have started & Tierney was brought on with only 10 minutes left. Oisin Pierson was the danger man yet no plan made for him & he scored 1-3. I feel sorry for the players as there is real talent there, the last four years have seen the best talent emerge in years & yet we are out of the U17 & Minor All Ireland race. Winning Connacht titles has to be expected as at underage Galway are dominating Connacht as we have the population base to produce the players year on year. On the other hand Kerry with a much smaller population base are producing All Ireland winning teams. Despite Galways best talent available in years & these lads are talented, no All Ireland titles at minor or U17. The whole thing needs a massive clear out & complete new management teams brought in as it is the same faces all the time who are been backed by the county coaching officers & football board. A tragedy for lads with talent that they are not getting the best out of them, some people have major issues with communication & don't seem to have the lads with them. You could nearly predict the m'ment teams for U17 & U20 for the next two years & it wil be the same faces & same results."
What three changes are you referring to?

in_my_opinion (Galway) - Posts: 43 - 08/08/2017 21:41:40    2031329

Link

Replying To in_my_opinion:  "What three changes are you referring to?"
Gavin Burke was injured, so that one was enforced.

EDH (Galway) - Posts: 327 - 08/08/2017 22:50:47    2031365

Link

Replying To EDH:  "Gavin Burke was injured, so that one was enforced."
Conor newell was suspended and Halrlowe did start! Not sure if moc.dna was even at the match!!

in_my_opinion (Galway) - Posts: 43 - 09/08/2017 10:21:49    2031464

Link

Something went awry with this team in my opinion .
They beat Sligo well in the Connacht final.
Derry beat Cavan well in the Ulster final.
Sligo ran Derry to a point yet we contrive to lose to Cavan?
Strange.

Barnowl94 (Galway) - Posts: 3150 - 09/08/2017 13:16:22    2031549

Link

Replying To Barnowl94:  "Something went awry with this team in my opinion .
They beat Sligo well in the Connacht final.
Derry beat Cavan well in the Ulster final.
Sligo ran Derry to a point yet we contrive to lose to Cavan?
Strange."
Maybe Cavan played poorly in Ulster final?? Maybe Sligo played poorly in Connaught final?? Who knows what happened? Maybe Galway and Derry just taught they had to tog out and they would win.

blueman1903 (Cavan) - Posts: 705 - 09/08/2017 14:10:33    2031585

Link

Replying To blueman1903:  "Maybe Cavan played poorly in Ulster final?? Maybe Sligo played poorly in Connaught final?? Who knows what happened? Maybe Galway and Derry just taught they had to tog out and they would win."
Maybe .
Maybe Galway played poorly last Saturday?

Barnowl94 (Galway) - Posts: 3150 - 10/08/2017 14:35:40    2032000

Link