Galway Forum

Meath V Galway

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To SAM1998:  "I remember bad mistake for corofin v crokes in AI semi in limerick...also against Tipp in croke park qualifier and last year v mayo...he probably deserves another run out but Gleeson not withstanding his kick out troubles is imo safer and can block points as well as goals !"
Maybe we should play 2 goalies. Bernie in goals and on the kichouts and Conor on the crossbar to save the points

sticktight (Galway) - Posts: 23 - 04/03/2020 11:28:02    2272150

Link

Replying To Ninnallik:  "So far based the league hard to see M Daly making it"
I dunno. I haven't much scientific evidence for this but just a hunch that some day in the summer Mike Daly is going to really click and he'll shoot the lights out! He's got a huge skillset and is a confidence player.
A bit like Walsh or Comer, with his skills and howitzer of a boot, he's another X factor player that's outside the norm and very hard for opposing managers to plan against. On the confidence player notion, just ask lads that know him best from over the years in M'bellew-Moylough, they'll tell you that if he lands an early score he can go on to land them all day, no matter who's marking him. Give him the dry sod and a bit of patience from us - there's more to come with M Daly.

togoutlads (Galway) - Posts: 222 - 04/03/2020 11:58:59    2272154

Link

Replying To togoutlads:  "I dunno. I haven't much scientific evidence for this but just a hunch that some day in the summer Mike Daly is going to really click and he'll shoot the lights out! He's got a huge skillset and is a confidence player.
A bit like Walsh or Comer, with his skills and howitzer of a boot, he's another X factor player that's outside the norm and very hard for opposing managers to plan against. On the confidence player notion, just ask lads that know him best from over the years in M'bellew-Moylough, they'll tell you that if he lands an early score he can go on to land them all day, no matter who's marking him. Give him the dry sod and a bit of patience from us - there's more to come with M Daly."
i think hes a fine player but the bit about his clubmates i wouldnt take on board those performances probably relate to underage club games and most county forwards do that.

ask someone from tuam and theyd say similar about murphy moycullen about conneely claregalway about cummins etc very rare you hear clubman play down their county players they'll generally exaggerate their performance

similar to mcdaid everytime he looks set to explode on the scene he picks up a niggle he was flying v kildare in super 8 in first 20 mins and then got an inury and ruins his year. fully fit and as ground improves he should play a big part this summer especially with walsh comer being main focus of opposition he has a great chance to shine.

jm25 (Galway) - Posts: 1082 - 04/03/2020 12:43:05    2272164

Link

Our last game was on the 1st March and we have played so far on bad surfaces, I wouldn't be as quick to write off fellas as long as they are fit enough in July/August

johnterry (Galway) - Posts: 355 - 04/03/2020 13:18:52    2272171

Link

Replying To jm25:  "i think hes a fine player but the bit about his clubmates i wouldnt take on board those performances probably relate to underage club games and most county forwards do that.

ask someone from tuam and theyd say similar about murphy moycullen about conneely claregalway about cummins etc very rare you hear clubman play down their county players they'll generally exaggerate their performance

similar to mcdaid everytime he looks set to explode on the scene he picks up a niggle he was flying v kildare in super 8 in first 20 mins and then got an inury and ruins his year. fully fit and as ground improves he should play a big part this summer especially with walsh comer being main focus of opposition he has a great chance to shine."
I think Dalys work rate has greatly improved. Granted he is not firing on all cylinders but he is still doing ok. He's getting a couple of scores a game and working hard. I think there is more to come form him and the dry sod will suit him.

If he wasn't working hard i would have less patience. Possible because we recognise his huge potential we can be overly critical if he is not exceptional.

Mayonman (Galway) - Posts: 1202 - 04/03/2020 13:41:09    2272178

Link

Replying To jm25:  "i think hes a fine player but the bit about his clubmates i wouldnt take on board those performances probably relate to underage club games and most county forwards do that.

similar to mcdaid everytime he looks set to explode on the scene he picks up a niggle he was flying v kildare in super 8 in first 20 mins and then got an inury and ruins his year. fully fit and as ground improves he should play a big part this summer especially with walsh comer being main focus of opposition he has a great chance to shine."
I take your point but this was coming from folks that were being very frank and critical but just saying that he has the ability to click on a day and to produce the goods for galway.

togoutlads (Galway) - Posts: 222 - 04/03/2020 14:01:08    2272185

Link

Replying To sticktight:  "Maybe we should play 2 goalies. Bernie in goals and on the kichouts and Conor on the crossbar to save the points"
Good point - Bernie could wait beside the goalposts to kick the ball out while letting Conor make great saves - surely the refs wouldn't mind that!

tommy k (Galway) - Posts: 2337 - 04/03/2020 14:24:04    2272190

Link

Replying To togoutlads:  "I dunno. I haven't much scientific evidence for this but just a hunch that some day in the summer Mike Daly is going to really click and he'll shoot the lights out! He's got a huge skillset and is a confidence player.
A bit like Walsh or Comer, with his skills and howitzer of a boot, he's another X factor player that's outside the norm and very hard for opposing managers to plan against. On the confidence player notion, just ask lads that know him best from over the years in M'bellew-Moylough, they'll tell you that if he lands an early score he can go on to land them all day, no matter who's marking him. Give him the dry sod and a bit of patience from us - there's more to come with M Daly."
WHAT ABOUT DALY ????????

3inarowsham (Galway) - Posts: 34 - 04/03/2020 20:41:58    2272253

Link

Replying To 3inarowsham:  "WHAT ABOUT DALY ????????"
Well there was a lot of talk about him. What's your point?

togoutlads (Galway) - Posts: 222 - 04/03/2020 21:09:28    2272258

Link

Replying To togoutlads:  "Well there was a lot of talk about him. What's your point?"
he only a back up player

3inarowsham (Galway) - Posts: 34 - 04/03/2020 21:50:40    2272265

Link

Replying To togoutlads:  "Well there was a lot of talk about him. What's your point?"
you must be a close neighbour of him

3inarowsham (Galway) - Posts: 34 - 04/03/2020 21:52:24    2272266

Link

Someone please think of M Daly

mise87 (Galway) - Posts: 135 - 04/03/2020 23:01:24    2272275

Link