Galway Forum

Galway GAA Convention

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Mailman98:  "In fairness would you blame them knowing what was going to follow? Within 18 seconds of the throw-in that day 14 Galway players were inside their own 45."
Real hurling people would have a fear of seeing a size 5 in case they get tainted. This is why they will not wait around to watch a football match.

MeAlone (Galway) - Posts: 17 - 09/01/2020 20:04:31    2258521

Link

Replying To Mailman98:  "In fairness would you blame them knowing what was going to follow? Within 18 seconds of the throw-in that day 14 Galway players were inside their own 45."
We will see how many of the hurling only folk stick around tomorrow two weeks to see if PJ imposes a more expansive style of play. Some fans operate like the politician parish pump politics. I.e. they don't see the bigger picture. All of us together is far better and stronger as a brand than diluting each other by going one code or another. I always knew some hurling people had no interest in football. The scale of it though I did not realise in recent years as the amount of hurling people or people from hurling areas who supported our footballers for that 98-01 period was decent. To be fair though when the hurlers are not going well the non core support is not always guaranteed. Depends on success methinks.

kiloughter (Galway) - Posts: 1675 - 11/01/2020 08:46:52    2258879

Link

Replying To kiloughter:  "We will see how many of the hurling only folk stick around tomorrow two weeks to see if PJ imposes a more expansive style of play. Some fans operate like the politician parish pump politics. I.e. they don't see the bigger picture. All of us together is far better and stronger as a brand than diluting each other by going one code or another. I always knew some hurling people had no interest in football. The scale of it though I did not realise in recent years as the amount of hurling people or people from hurling areas who supported our footballers for that 98-01 period was decent. To be fair though when the hurlers are not going well the non core support is not always guaranteed. Depends on success methinks."
Ya agree good Post. We should be looking at ourselves as gaa lovers. Not hurling only or football only. That way we can grow and be stronger as a country. Looking at other County forms ther is some but not as much bias to one code or another.Gallaimh Abù

Toman (Galway) - Posts: 402 - 11/01/2020 13:42:36    2258909

Link

any news on team for Walsh Cup on Sunday?

SixtiesKid (Galway) - Posts: 147 - 11/01/2020 13:58:04    2258910

Link

Replying To SixtiesKid:  "any news on team for Walsh Cup on Sunday?"
Galway (Walsh Cup SF v Dublin): Eanna Murphy; Jack Grealish, Ronan Burke, Declan Cronin; TJ Brennan, Gearoid McInerney Johnny Coen; Aidan Harte, Sean Linnane; Diarmuid Kilcommins, Cathal Mannion, Thomas Monaghan; Tadgh Haran, Sean Bleahane, David Glennon

Subs: Darach Fahy, Conor Walsh, Ronan O'Meara, Paul Killeen, Mark Horan, Jamie Holland, Jack Coyne, Paddy Rabbitte

MountainSouth (Galway) - Posts: 34 - 11/01/2020 21:56:58    2258999

Link

Galway PR officers - Wake up yourselves and wake up @Galway_gaa twitter. A week gone and no new notes. What are we at on social media? Clubs have way more posts. Pathetic. A cracking game on in Castlebar today and again, nothing. Put up a match report, maybe go mad and give us scores during the match, engage with the public and maybe some support might come back. Dark ages effort on Twitter

togoutlads (Galway) - Posts: 222 - 12/01/2020 20:33:23    2259213

Link

Replying To togoutlads:  "Galway PR officers - Wake up yourselves and wake up @Galway_gaa twitter. A week gone and no new notes. What are we at on social media? Clubs have way more posts. Pathetic. A cracking game on in Castlebar today and again, nothing. Put up a match report, maybe go mad and give us scores during the match, engage with the public and maybe some support might come back. Dark ages effort on Twitter"
100% agree, the lack of social media engagement by several counties not just Galway is shocking and doesn't look like changing any time soon unfortunately

dontlookback (Galway) - Posts: 224 - 15/01/2020 08:57:13    2259892

Link

Surely an idea would be to have an internship with a link media course in NUIG, get a student to work on the social media for a year. The student himself/herself would be gaining valuable expertise and experience , access to games etc, but the Galway fans would have some sort of half decent output.

We fall way behind Mayo for example.Dublin GAA broke the Jim Gavin story , and many others in house, we cant even put up a tweet for a score!

puckemhard (Galway) - Posts: 198 - 15/01/2020 10:52:40    2259930

Link

off topic, but i find the tribesmen gaa twitter to be an embarrassment, the goodnight post after the mayo challenge match win with one of the players fist pumping was embarrassing. maybe leave the sh**ehawking off till the summer lads and just post scores!

CillTormoir (Galway) - Posts: 124 - 15/01/2020 11:18:40    2259936

Link

Replying To puckemhard:  "Surely an idea would be to have an internship with a link media course in NUIG, get a student to work on the social media for a year. The student himself/herself would be gaining valuable expertise and experience , access to games etc, but the Galway fans would have some sort of half decent output.

We fall way behind Mayo for example.Dublin GAA broke the Jim Gavin story , and many others in house, we cant even put up a tweet for a score!"
That's a good idea

togoutlads (Galway) - Posts: 222 - 15/01/2020 11:35:03    2259938

Link

Didn't take long for the first controversy of 2020 with Galway Gaa. The removal of the juvenile hurling chairman for asking too many questions it seems.

Donaldtrump (Galway) - Posts: 110 - 04/02/2020 19:22:10    2265192

Link

Replying To Donaldtrump:  "Didn't take long for the first controversy of 2020 with Galway Gaa. The removal of the juvenile hurling chairman for asking too many questions it seems."
Hard to believe you could be removed from a position for asking questions I seen the statement on galwaybay and he only seemed to ask one question about finance our county delegate told me that was all sorted out on the night of the financial presentation has to be more to this

Waveitwide (Galway) - Posts: 2 - 04/02/2020 20:18:15    2265210

Link

Whats to hide, let's not forget Croke Park have being involved for some time now in Galway, they need to come out & answer questions. Time for investigative journalists or Primetime to start digging.

moc.dna (Galway) - Posts: 988 - 04/02/2020 23:10:47    2265252

Link