Galway Forum

Mícheál Breathnach V Oughterard

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Remember when some people thought that this game meant little to either team because they had already been promoted. How wrong they were

Well done to both clubs for producing a great 2nd half of football on their first day out and an absolute thriller from start to finish on Saturday.

Well done oughterard and hard luck to breathnachs. Very tough to lose such evenly matched teams

galwayfball (Galway) - Posts: 1039 - 21/10/2019 11:52:53    2244737

Link

Replying To SAMMYTHEBULL:  "Proud of the Lads, didn't really matter who won penalties, lotto. We were never going to win this match, if I give the one reason why my post won't be put up. Everyone who was at the Match can see why we couldn't win. Anyway good luck to Oughterard in their search for A Connacht. I hope they get a refferee that will give them a free every time they go a point behind in all games. Not a bit disappointed, up Seinor and deservedly so. The Lads couldn't have done anymore. By far the Better team."
Sour grapes much

dontlookback (Galway) - Posts: 179 - 22/10/2019 21:20:04    2245069

Link

Replying To fairplay4ever:  "still dont think its a fair way to finish a county final and as one poster said on social media today ,there was no sign of county board leadership when it finished 4-4 after first round of penalties. In at least 2 county finals county board chairmen have stepped in and ordered another replay. THat doesn't surprise us now though"
Either you weren't at the game or didn't see or hear that there was an attempt to go to a replay which was requested by one side & not agreed to by the other.

dontlookback (Galway) - Posts: 179 - 22/10/2019 21:24:38    2245074

Link

Replying To dontlookback:  "Either you weren't at the game or didn't see or hear that there was an attempt to go to a replay which was requested by one side & not agreed to by the other."
Well, spill the beans??? Which team wanted a replay??

fearruanua (Galway) - Posts: 298 - 23/10/2019 10:19:54    2245160

Link

Replying To fearruanua:  "Well, spill the beans??? Which team wanted a replay??"
Well who am I to spill any beans, we'll let the culprit put their hand up in due course !!!

dontlookback (Galway) - Posts: 179 - 23/10/2019 10:59:41    2245171

Link