Galway Forum

Galway Football 2020

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To PopeFrancis19:  "For that matter, name 5 Kerry, Mayo or Tyrone players who would get into the current Dublin team? Galway are no better or worse than that. Any of Tyrone, Mayo or Kerry would gladly take the likes of Sean Kelly, Shane Walsh, Liam Silke, Tom Flynn, Paul Conroy, Damien Comer, Sean Andy, Michael Daly, Ian Burke, and if they could stay injury free Eamonn Brannigan, lan Mcdaid and Evan Murphy. Theres way too much negativety around the Galway panel, people would do well to remember that Kevin was dealing with a hugely depleted squad last season due to injuries"
And last season was the only season you can say he didnt progress the team. In saying that he did keep us in div 1 which is vital. If we drop to div 2 it will undo all the progress the team has made

Side note beat of luck to jim gavin. Hopefully now is the time to topple the dubs

galwayfball (Galway) - Posts: 1036 - 30/11/2019 13:24:46    2252219

Link

Replying To PopeFrancis19:  "For that matter, name 5 Kerry, Mayo or Tyrone players who would get into the current Dublin team? Galway are no better or worse than that. Any of Tyrone, Mayo or Kerry would gladly take the likes of Sean Kelly, Shane Walsh, Liam Silke, Tom Flynn, Paul Conroy, Damien Comer, Sean Andy, Michael Daly, Ian Burke, and if they could stay injury free Eamonn Brannigan, lan Mcdaid and Evan Murphy. Theres way too much negativety around the Galway panel, people would do well to remember that Kevin was dealing with a hugely depleted squad last season due to injuries"
Here Here. The negatively is unreal. When reading other County posts you don't hear people on them...name 5 players that would make the Dublin, Kerry or whatever team. Remember all those teams bar Dublin we have bet and bet well over the past couple of years. Now all of a sudden people are coming on this post saying none of our galway squad wouldn't make mayo, Kerry etc. I'm not saying we're All Ireland contenders over night but I still think we are in top 4 best teams in Ireland. In that top 4 order on a given day we are well in line to make second place. Now it's up to P. Joyce to help this Galway team prove that.

Toman (Galway) - Posts: 245 - 30/11/2019 14:18:58    2252244

Link

Well considering the 2019 All Stars are the ultimate dream team then 7 from those 3 Counties are ahead of anything Dublin have to offer bearing in mind they had 13 nominated and 7 selected, Michael Murphy being the odd one. All injuries and self inflicted absences aside, Kelly, Conroy & Comer were the only consistent performers for Galway under KW. The others have blown hot and cold and there's a couple of notable ones in the squad with attitude and commitment issues that never saw the light of day, I doubt PJ will be publicly shaming them either but he's setting a tone that has already upset a few, best of luck to him and his squad.

dontlookback (Galway) - Posts: 179 - 30/11/2019 14:47:47    2252256

Link

Replying To Toman:  "Here Here. The negatively is unreal. When reading other County posts you don't hear people on them...name 5 players that would make the Dublin, Kerry or whatever team. Remember all those teams bar Dublin we have bet and bet well over the past couple of years. Now all of a sudden people are coming on this post saying none of our galway squad wouldn't make mayo, Kerry etc. I'm not saying we're All Ireland contenders over night but I still think we are in top 4 best teams in Ireland. In that top 4 order on a given day we are well in line to make second place. Now it's up to P. Joyce to help this Galway team prove that."
We played extremely poorly against mayo last year that's why we lost and it was a devastating way to go out of the championship. But we are better than that. Mayo on a good day (I actually dont think mayo were that good vs us last year just we were worse) vs galway on a good day and I think we would win with a few points to spare

galwayfball (Galway) - Posts: 1036 - 30/11/2019 14:56:09    2252259

Link

Replying To Toman:  "Here Here. The negatively is unreal. When reading other County posts you don't hear people on them...name 5 players that would make the Dublin, Kerry or whatever team. Remember all those teams bar Dublin we have bet and bet well over the past couple of years. Now all of a sudden people are coming on this post saying none of our galway squad wouldn't make mayo, Kerry etc. I'm not saying we're All Ireland contenders over night but I still think we are in top 4 best teams in Ireland. In that top 4 order on a given day we are well in line to make second place. Now it's up to P. Joyce to help this Galway team prove that."
Have you lost the plot, the Championship is the Holy Grail, we didn't make the top 8 let alone the top 4 in 2019 and now because there's a change of Manager we've automatically gone back to the top 4 without a ball being kicked. Have a titter of wit, get yourself down to the doctor and ask for a big injection of cop on and in the unlikely event of there being any left over give it around to rest of the "PJ is going to make it all go away" brigade. Best of luck to him but it's a big job of work make no mistake about it.

dontlookback (Galway) - Posts: 179 - 30/11/2019 15:14:38    2252271

Link

Replying To dontlookback:  "Are you saying that a Provincial Semi Final is more important than an All Ireland Semi Final? Asking for all the female footballers out there and their supporters."
Dont pretend you're suddenly a martyr for the 20x20 campaign.

For the record, one game was covered live. The other wasn't. If you have such an issue with that, call Keith Richard's on monday morning to vent your fury.

FallenStar (Galway) - Posts: 270 - 30/11/2019 15:37:07    2252281

Link

Replying To dontlookback:  "Have you lost the plot, the Championship is the Holy Grail, we didn't make the top 8 let alone the top 4 in 2019 and now because there's a change of Manager we've automatically gone back to the top 4 without a ball being kicked. Have a titter of wit, get yourself down to the doctor and ask for a big injection of cop on and in the unlikely event of there being any left over give it around to rest of the "PJ is going to make it all go away" brigade. Best of luck to him but it's a big job of work make no mistake about it."
Well if I was going to doctor I would probably meet ur on the way back after getting a few injections for anti negativy. Look at the post again and see I never said they would go all the way. And if u were to read ur earlier Post to ur doctor ie. Name 5 galway players who would make the mayo, Kerry, Tyrone or Dublin team he would most likely double ur dose of anti negativity. Also we didn't make last 8 in 2019 but we did in 2018 under Kevin. But u seem to be one of those negative individuals who say " the PJ brigade is going change everything and go all the way". I thought we had ALL moved on from the nonsense of Kevin v PJ and north v west..
But obviously not..

Toman (Galway) - Posts: 245 - 30/11/2019 16:24:46    2252296

Link

Replying To FallenStar:  "Dont pretend you're suddenly a martyr for the 20x20 campaign.

For the record, one game was covered live. The other wasn't. If you have such an issue with that, call Keith Richard's on monday morning to vent your fury."
If that's your best effort at back tracking on a stupidly misogynistic statement then it's a pathetic one, engage your brain the next time before you engage with the keyboard.

dontlookback (Galway) - Posts: 179 - 30/11/2019 16:43:36    2252302

Link

Replying To Toman:  "Well if I was going to doctor I would probably meet ur on the way back after getting a few injections for anti negativy. Look at the post again and see I never said they would go all the way. And if u were to read ur earlier Post to ur doctor ie. Name 5 galway players who would make the mayo, Kerry, Tyrone or Dublin team he would most likely double ur dose of anti negativity. Also we didn't make last 8 in 2019 but we did in 2018 under Kevin. But u seem to be one of those negative individuals who say " the PJ brigade is going change everything and go all the way". I thought we had ALL moved on from the nonsense of Kevin v PJ and north v west..
But obviously not.."
Stop spouting pure drivel, there's nothing negative in comparing our players with the top players from the top teams. Simple answer is we had very few in 2019 that hold up to that standard and PJ might unearth some gems or repolish those he decides to keep, best of luck to him and the squad if he does.
Where in the name of all that's good and beautiful are you getting the North v West argument from, laughable at best considering you haven't a clue which area I live in, let alone my nearest club, go back under that rock and wait for a knock to tell you when it's time to put on your short trousers again.

dontlookback (Galway) - Posts: 179 - 30/11/2019 16:53:29    2252305

Link

Replying To Toman:  "Well if I was going to doctor I would probably meet ur on the way back after getting a few injections for anti negativy. Look at the post again and see I never said they would go all the way. And if u were to read ur earlier Post to ur doctor ie. Name 5 galway players who would make the mayo, Kerry, Tyrone or Dublin team he would most likely double ur dose of anti negativity. Also we didn't make last 8 in 2019 but we did in 2018 under Kevin. But u seem to be one of those negative individuals who say " the PJ brigade is going change everything and go all the way". I thought we had ALL moved on from the nonsense of Kevin v PJ and north v west..
But obviously not.."
Stop spouting pure drivel, there's nothing negative in comparing our players with the top players from the top teams. Simple answer is we had very few in 2019 that hold up to that standard and PJ might unearth some gems or repolish those he decides to keep, best of luck to him and the squad if he does.
Where in the name of all that's good and beautiful are you getting the North v West argument from, laughable at best considering you haven't a clue which area I live in, let alone my nearest club, go back under that rock and wait for a knock to tell you when it's time to put on your short trousers again.

dontlookback (Galway) - Posts: 179 - 30/11/2019 17:41:31    2252318

Link

Bloody hell is this what this forum is gonna be like next year
I think it will put a lot of people off posting

rhudson (Galway) - Posts: 1067 - 30/11/2019 19:07:43    2252344

Link

Outrageous amount of sh*te-spouting on here
Let's get back to talking about football

Maroonedinlongford (Galway) - Posts: 198 - 30/11/2019 19:32:32    2252349

Link

It's more than a bit disingenuous of anyone to be comparing the KW Galway with the PJ Galway, mainly because the latter has still to finalise his squad let alone play a competitive game. Time will tell whether the new is better than the old, imo anyone that thinks PJ is going to reinvent the football wheel have a serious awakening coming. Hopefully Comer and Conroy get back to full fitness ASAP and hopefully there are some new jewels in the crown unearthed and some get repolished into a better version of themselves. Collateral damage has already happened and when a few more get serious or get on their bike Galway football can only be in a better place in 6 months time, one hopes.

dontlookback (Galway) - Posts: 179 - 30/11/2019 20:27:36    2252359

Link

Replying To dontlookback:  "It's more than a bit disingenuous of anyone to be comparing the KW Galway with the PJ Galway, mainly because the latter has still to finalise his squad let alone play a competitive game. Time will tell whether the new is better than the old, imo anyone that thinks PJ is going to reinvent the football wheel have a serious awakening coming. Hopefully Comer and Conroy get back to full fitness ASAP and hopefully there are some new jewels in the crown unearthed and some get repolished into a better version of themselves. Collateral damage has already happened and when a few more get serious or get on their bike Galway football can only be in a better place in 6 months time, one hopes."
dontlookback.. I personally think you should change ur name to lookback and check out some of the negative posts you have put up. It would be also advisable to get a bit of coaching on sending a post. It bad enough having to read the negatively once but when someone decides to post the same thing on more than one occasion it gets even more difficult.

Toman (Galway) - Posts: 245 - 01/12/2019 11:39:04    2252445

Link

great to hear there is a strong emphasis on the skills so far in the galway training set up
got the impression the previous group were more interested in positioning and running- obviously both important too but the skills of the game in the end decide big matches

squares_edge (Galway) - Posts: 559 - 02/12/2019 19:56:56    2252775

Link

Any of the experts here know whos new in panel

rhudson (Galway) - Posts: 1067 - 03/12/2019 10:47:59    2252889

Link

A few old faces back by all accounts. Nicky back should be interesting.

Charlie (Kerry) - Posts: 439 - 03/12/2019 13:37:32    2252930

Link

From watching the season ticket video, Liam O'Ceallaigh is involved at the moment as is Padraig Costello

gaillimhboy (Galway) - Posts: 257 - 03/12/2019 14:23:08    2252938

Link