Galway Forum

A Lot Of Walkovers

(Oldest Posts First)

I am seeing a lot of Walkovers in the underage football. if clubs are struggling I hope the players are been catered for in clubs nearby with permissions to play even if it means teams having to go over to Mayo or Roscommon Clubs. Clubs should know are they able to field teams prior to league fixtures been made.

ref (Galway) - Posts: 198 - 16/04/2019 21:56:20    2179205

Link

Replying To ref:  "I am seeing a lot of Walkovers in the underage football. if clubs are struggling I hope the players are been catered for in clubs nearby with permissions to play even if it means teams having to go over to Mayo or Roscommon Clubs. Clubs should know are they able to field teams prior to league fixtures been made."
Used to coach underage before, this is the worst time of year for player availability. Rugby soccer still going plus lads are playing in schools competitions (primary schools mostly) so lads are being asked to play 2 games in one day and picking up injuries. Things improve for a bit and then summer holidays kick in. Its fine for larger clubs but when on paper at start of year you only have 20 players you'll always be missing 6-7 for different reasons

westest (Galway) - Posts: 36 - 17/04/2019 09:56:12    2179236

Link

2 walk overs in minor A this evening and 2 in minor B (football) not good at all unfortunately it's happening 2 often think a restructure is needed badly need move away from North and west and put 8 strongest teams in A next 8 B I know it will mean extra traveling but something will have 2 change

Kickitout (Galway) - Posts: 337 - 24/04/2019 21:40:25    2180144

Link

Replying To Kickitout:  "2 walk overs in minor A this evening and 2 in minor B (football) not good at all unfortunately it's happening 2 often think a restructure is needed badly need move away from North and west and put 8 strongest teams in A next 8 B I know it will mean extra traveling but something will have 2 change"
7 of the 14 games tonight were conceeded.

ref (Galway) - Posts: 198 - 24/04/2019 22:39:42    2180151

Link