Galway Forum

New Players To Add To Galway Hurling Panel 2019

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Will the team announced start tomorrow? Jack Grealish very very hard done by with Morressey replaced just after half time v Wexford how can that be right? Cant see that team starting.....

fireball88 (Galway) - Posts: 57 - 23/03/2019 09:46:46    2174484

Link

Replying To fireball88:  "Will the team announced start tomorrow? Jack Grealish very very hard done by with Morressey replaced just after half time v Wexford how can that be right? Cant see that team starting....."
I think Jack might have picked up an injury the last day, either way, hard to see that team start unless were playing a sweeper.

Galwayspur (Offaly) - Posts: 138 - 23/03/2019 14:00:30    2174514

Link

Hussey wont start wing forward ..I could be wrong but Hussey will go mid field and he will move Johnny Coen....if he is pushing Johnny out he will move him to wing forward. Lets see what happens.

fireball88 (Galway) - Posts: 57 - 23/03/2019 15:34:47    2174525

Link

Replying To fireball88:  "Hussey wont start wing forward ..I could be wrong but Hussey will go mid field and he will move Johnny Coen....if he is pushing Johnny out he will move him to wing forward. Lets see what happens."
More likely Hussey plays no5, which is the only place he's been trialed, and Harte or Mannion are not fit to start, after their injuries last weekend. Coen will definitely play midfield imo, and will have his hands full too, if it's Barron and AG in there, as selected. Might see David Burke or Conor Cooney replace the injured defender, in either midfield (Burke) or forward(Cooney). If the St.Thomas's pair are not on board yet, Bleahene or Monaghan likely to fill the Hussey gap up front.

Pope_Benedict (Galway) - Posts: 2296 - 23/03/2019 16:48:33    2174535

Link

Another howler from Flannery in goals (ball through his legs from 60yrds) P.Kileen (disaster 0-3 scored of him) better sort out No. 1 - 4 for the Championship Mícheal!!!

katser (Galway) - Posts: 737 - 24/03/2019 17:54:39    2174817

Link

Replying To katser:  "Another howler from Flannery in goals (ball through his legs from 60yrds) P.Kileen (disaster 0-3 scored of him) better sort out No. 1 - 4 for the Championship Mícheal!!!"
Howler is putting it mildly.

festinog (Galway) - Posts: 2745 - 24/03/2019 19:09:53    2174875

Link

Joseph Cooney transferred to Michel Cusacks in Australia so I'm guessing that's his year done.

SamandLiamSoon (Galway) - Posts: 441 - 24/03/2019 20:36:50    2174941

Link

We need to get as close as possible to the team that won in 2017. It took us 29 years to win. To many experments going on at the moment. Hopefully the hunger is there. We didnt perform in last 20 mins but the referee was bad.

Sheedy (Galway) - Posts: 106 - 24/03/2019 22:11:26    2175012

Link

League was all about finding some players. Goalie - Give Fergal Flannery time to build his confidence and harsh to blame him for the goal. Full back line - Jack Grealish looks the part, need Ado and Daithi back, F Burke to push hard for a starting spot. Hussey and Concannon will be close to starting. D Burke, C Cooney to return +Whelan and all 3 to find sharpness. J Glynn back. Good enough to get to a semi and kick on from there.

Sliotar99 (Galway) - Posts: 10 - 25/03/2019 07:17:31    2175094

Link

Replying To Sliotar99:  "League was all about finding some players. Goalie - Give Fergal Flannery time to build his confidence and harsh to blame him for the goal. Full back line - Jack Grealish looks the part, need Ado and Daithi back, F Burke to push hard for a starting spot. Hussey and Concannon will be close to starting. D Burke, C Cooney to return +Whelan and all 3 to find sharpness. J Glynn back. Good enough to get to a semi and kick on from there."
Fintan Burkes year is done I think.

SamandLiamSoon (Galway) - Posts: 441 - 25/03/2019 09:24:04    2175133

Link

Replying To Sliotar99:  "League was all about finding some players. Goalie - Give Fergal Flannery time to build his confidence and harsh to blame him for the goal. Full back line - Jack Grealish looks the part, need Ado and Daithi back, F Burke to push hard for a starting spot. Hussey and Concannon will be close to starting. D Burke, C Cooney to return +Whelan and all 3 to find sharpness. J Glynn back. Good enough to get to a semi and kick on from there."
I would agree with giving the Goalie more time to build confidence but what I cant figure out is with Jack Grealish doing so well why he did not start. Some will bring he was injured well he 100% was not . Morrissey did very little wrong and looks now to have a nasty injury but yet who comes on as his replacement but Sean Loftus who was caught out again yesterday. He is my own club man but is well off the mark. Hussey is a starter has done really well. Fintan Burke will not be an option as he has cruciate injury and you wont see him for 12 months. Conor Cooneys form is very poor and David Burke is also struggling.
Management need to get their act together or it will be over before we know it.
I did say last week Johnny Coen could be pushed to wing forward if he is been pushed out and he was.

fireball88 (Galway) - Posts: 57 - 25/03/2019 10:15:58    2175163

Link

I don't like blaming anyone but that goal was a shocker.

Grealish and Morrissey look the part, Hussey has looked good, Davy has looked good but probably wont get a chance, still a good option.

Galwayspur (Offaly) - Posts: 138 - 25/03/2019 10:17:22    2175165

Link