Galway Forum

Match Day Stadium Facilities

(Oldest Posts First)

I'm probably preaching to the converted here but I am getting really fed up with the ridiculous facilities at matches. At the Mayo match, 1 hour before kick off ques for coffee/tea were nearly 10 deep. Same for any food. The toilets were out of paper to dry your hands, paper overflowing.

Generally I know what I'm going to get at a GAA match and am well conditioned to putting up with this sh*te but I brought my 5 year old with me this time and it really focuses your mind on what standards are acceptable.

Compare this to whats on offer at the Sportsground (and that's not exactly salubrious!). Simple things could make a big difference to match day experience. More food & drinks facilities/people walking the aisles selling snacks/clean toilets etc

And they wont care less now because they'll have full houses for the Mayo game and the Rossies .............. but when they have rubbish attendances for league games and they are wondering why?????

Rant over

Gaillimh abú:-)

Mayonman (Galway) - Posts: 966 - 03/07/2017 13:19:47    2009597

Link

Replying To Mayonman:  "I'm probably preaching to the converted here but I am getting really fed up with the ridiculous facilities at matches. At the Mayo match, 1 hour before kick off ques for coffee/tea were nearly 10 deep. Same for any food. The toilets were out of paper to dry your hands, paper overflowing.

Generally I know what I'm going to get at a GAA match and am well conditioned to putting up with this sh*te but I brought my 5 year old with me this time and it really focuses your mind on what standards are acceptable.

Compare this to whats on offer at the Sportsground (and that's not exactly salubrious!). Simple things could make a big difference to match day experience. More food & drinks facilities/people walking the aisles selling snacks/clean toilets etc

And they wont care less now because they'll have full houses for the Mayo game and the Rossies .............. but when they have rubbish attendances for league games and they are wondering why?????

Rant over

Gaillimh abú:-)"
Do yeer crowd charge ye €2 for a bottle of tepid water when its 25 degrees? The facilities in the Hyde probably make Pearse Stadium seem like Croker. You're right though, it isn't good enough. Generally, the facilities at a lot of county grounds can be very poor.

decky (Roscommon) - Posts: 384 - 03/07/2017 15:58:14    2009742

Link

Ah come on lads, it's not that long ago ye went into the field to sh%te & pulled a few dock leaves to do the deed. Next ye will want bidets installed in every ground. Not sure what ye would have made of the rows of men & women hunched along the back of the hill in Croke Park in the sixties & seventies relieving themselves. Next ye will want prawn sandwiches !!

moc.dna (Galway) - Posts: 761 - 03/07/2017 17:42:56    2009844

Link

Replying To moc.dna:  "Ah come on lads, it's not that long ago ye went into the field to sh%te & pulled a few dock leaves to do the deed. Next ye will want bidets installed in every ground. Not sure what ye would have made of the rows of men & women hunched along the back of the hill in Croke Park in the sixties & seventies relieving themselves. Next ye will want prawn sandwiches !!"
Ur spot on actually. Maybe in just getting old and fussy!

Doc leaves got me out of trouble a few times!!

Mayonman (Galway) - Posts: 966 - 03/07/2017 22:20:12    2010016

Link