Galway Forum

Galway v Roscommon Connacht final

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To OhtobeARossie:  "Galway are not nor will be in the near future a top side..
To become a top side u first have to realise first ur not 1 and want to become 1.
We know were not 1 yet nor likely to be for foreseeable future but we want to become 1 and are trying...
Ye thought it ahead of urselves."
Yes that's twice you've come over here to say that now. Had Galway won on Sunday I would have enjoyed it but I'd certainly have zero interest in mouthing off on the Roscommon board personally.

Marooned (Galway) - Posts: 1632 - 11/07/2017 20:22:23    2015223

Link

That's it finished it was ja Fallon I was after who gave us dogs abuse after last year and prior to this 1.
Personally like Galway a lot more than our other neighbours and genuinely think ye will regroup and beat Donegal

OhtobeARossie (Roscommon) - Posts: 1314 - 11/07/2017 20:39:23    2015234

Link

Replying To maroondiesel:  "I'm from Galway, a former refugee in Mayo, 1944 was a long time ago my friend, the emergency was on I believe. Enjoy Final, I fully expect Roscommon to be there."
We have a quarter final to negotiate with a young team and we won't be looking beyond that.We haven't won the senior All-Ireland title since 1944 as you say.Roscommon has a population of 65000 .No county with a population of less than 100000 has won the senior All-Ireland football title since Offaly in 1982.We value and appreciate the provincial title we won last Sunday.As for Galway, they've always been Connacht's best hope in an All-Ireland Final and I'm always cheering for them when they're there.We came close in 1980 against the greatest Gaelic football team of all time.Hopefully all remaining Connacht counties have a long Summer.

endgame (Roscommon) - Posts: 1083 - 11/07/2017 20:42:22    2015237

Link

Replying To endgame:  "We have a quarter final to negotiate with a young team and we won't be looking beyond that.We haven't won the senior All-Ireland title since 1944 as you say.Roscommon has a population of 65000 .No county with a population of less than 100000 has won the senior All-Ireland football title since Offaly in 1982.We value and appreciate the provincial title we won last Sunday.As for Galway, they've always been Connacht's best hope in an All-Ireland Final and I'm always cheering for them when they're there.We came close in 1980 against the greatest Gaelic football team of all time.Hopefully all remaining Connacht counties have a long Summer."
best of luck, Ros are my second team, my dad was from Athleague so I have been behind ye for decades really.

maroondiesel (Mayo) - Posts: 933 - 12/07/2017 11:20:32    2015455

Link

Replying To Marooned:  "Yes that's twice you've come over here to say that now. Had Galway won on Sunday I would have enjoyed it but I'd certainly have zero interest in mouthing off on the Roscommon board personally."
You'll always get a bit of slagging. We got it last year when ye squatted us in C astlebar. Sure that's the nature of sport.

moros (Roscommon) - Posts: 895 - 12/07/2017 11:24:29    2015459

Link

Hard luck on Sunday, the Galway supporters behind us were very gracious to be fair to them and everyone agreed that the better team won on the day. Galway looked flat and almost uninterested at times, and Roscommon tore into them. It was the classic ambush. I won't lie, as a Ros fan who spent 3 years living in Galway and is used to getting a bit of a ribbing, it was very satisfying. Galway are obviously a lot better than they looked on Sunday and if they work on where their downfall lay (kickouts and midfield) the summer could go on for a while yet.

Best of luck against Donegal.

decky (Roscommon) - Posts: 384 - 12/07/2017 13:10:26    2015548

Link