Louth Forum

Covid-19

(Oldest Posts First)

Keep safe all you Louth Gaels. Very strange times and hope we can stop the spread and hope we might see some club action in 2020 but only if all is good. What do u reckon ? Will we see a ball kicked again in 2020 ?

Red2017 (Louth) - Posts: 112 - 16/03/2020 12:46:03    2273974

Link

I tough one for us all. But please, stay at home for the time being.

Back up and running in June I would say.

Someday4Louth (Louth) - Posts: 24 - 18/03/2020 14:34:45    2274033

Link

What is the deal with a few club teams within the county still training. Have they no respect for what is going on. I drove passed one club in particular who were still training the other night and I was in shock. I couldn't believe it. People are dying and teams in our wee county are showing a complete lack of respect towards this disease.

Am I over reacting?thoughts?

Ps. I have reported them today

theonion (Louth) - Posts: 17 - 19/03/2020 22:01:19    2274127

Link

Replying To theonion:  "What is the deal with a few club teams within the county still training. Have they no respect for what is going on. I drove passed one club in particular who were still training the other night and I was in shock. I couldn't believe it. People are dying and teams in our wee county are showing a complete lack of respect towards this disease.

Ps. I have reported them today"
Well said on this one my friend

Great_Mate (Louth) - Posts: 7 - 19/03/2020 22:25:14    2274129

Link

You are not over reacting. That club or any clubs still doing collective training should be ashamed of themselves. The people / managers driving this should immediately be told to F off and never come back through the gates again. Lives are at risk here. Please keep reporting and anyone else who hears or sees same, please report. Also if you involved in this crazy activity, please do kop on to F on and stop immediately. Lives are at risk

Red2017 (Louth) - Posts: 112 - 20/03/2020 06:57:40    2274133

Link

Replying To theonion:  "What is the deal with a few club teams within the county still training. Have they no respect for what is going on. I drove passed one club in particular who were still training the other night and I was in shock. I couldn't believe it. People are dying and teams in our wee county are showing a complete lack of respect towards this disease.

Mid Louth team doing individual drills but gathering as a squad. You'd want to be a bit simple to either organize this or turn up to it. They have no regard for their own health and safety but more importantly that of others around them who may be vulnerable. Absolutely embarrassing and dangerous, maybe the internet hasn't made it's way to their part.

LiathroidiMor (Louth) - Posts: 246 - 20/03/2020 09:14:35    2274134

Link

Report them to the County board.

Someday4Louth (Louth) - Posts: 24 - 20/03/2020 12:49:32    2274152

Link

Stop with the pussy footing around and name this so 'mid Louth club'. There are many teams in mid Louth and I can tell you my club is not training in any shape or form. I for one don't want to see my club or any club for that matter get a bad name when they are not the club involved !!

Christyflood (Meath) - Posts: 4 - 27/03/2020 16:52:47    2274839

Link

At this point I'd imagine that every club have monitored their player pool and kept a persistent warning on their player groups.

Shearer (Louth) - Posts: 733 - 27/03/2020 18:02:58    2274844

Link

What's anyone proposal for when and if club football will return ??

jayjayc (Louth) - Posts: 29 - 10/04/2020 10:30:51    2275677

Link

Replying To jayjayc:  "What's anyone proposal for when and if club football will return ??"
Championship August/September if lucky?

Louthgael15 (Louth) - Posts: 1 - 13/04/2020 00:48:06    2275857

Link

Replying To Christyflood:  "Stop with the pussy footing around and name this so 'mid Louth club'. There are many teams in mid Louth and I can tell you my club is not training in any shape or form. I for one don't want to see my club or any club for that matter get a bad name when they are not the club involved !!"
The name of the club is Syddan.

Ollie2 (Louth) - Posts: 78 - 13/04/2020 16:06:10    2275899

Link