Ye heard he's back. Great addition.

monaghanmad (Monaghan) - Posts: 182 - 13/03/2020 16:34:31    2273716

Link

Replying To monaghanmad:  "Ye heard he's back. Great addition."
might see in for 2021 session …. will be no GAA this year

patmouse (Monaghan) - Posts: 22 - 13/03/2020 18:39:03    2273729

Link

Replying To monaghanmad:  "Ye heard he's back. Great addition."
Great news ...had a feeling Banty's persuasiveness would win out ?

Shelbourne1 (Monaghan) - Posts: 168 - 13/03/2020 19:06:24    2273730

Link

For those of a nostalgic nature... theres a lot of old Monaghan games featuring Dick and Hugo doing the rounds on social media! If you really fancy watching a game that doesn't involve either of the above, sorry it's not available!

GerryD (Monaghan) - Posts: 321 - 22/03/2020 13:51:50    2274298

Link

Replying To GerryD:  "For those of a nostalgic nature... theres a lot of old Monaghan games featuring Dick and Hugo doing the rounds on social media! If you really fancy watching a game that doesn't involve either of the above, sorry it's not available!"
Watched the 85 drawn kerry game dont remember it as too young but christ eamonn mceneany Murphy McCarron caulfield the murrays were serious footballers back in the day. Nudie of course one of our greatest ever players but he was quiet that day. Hugo was just Dick with the hair huge player in the middle for us. Mccague always said that team came along at wrong time when kerry the dublin of their day were still team to beat.

seanie08 (Monaghan) - Posts: 1444 - 27/03/2020 22:55:58    2274857

Link

Replying To seanie08:  "Watched the 85 drawn kerry game dont remember it as too young but christ eamonn mceneany Murphy McCarron caulfield the murrays were serious footballers back in the day. Nudie of course one of our greatest ever players but he was quiet that day. Hugo was just Dick with the hair huge player in the middle for us. Mccague always said that team came along at wrong time when kerry the dublin of their day were still team to beat."
1985 was the one that got away. We would have played a mediocre Dublin team in final, theywouldbt even win a Leinster until 1989. We had some serious power and strength in that team. Absolute disgrace that we only got 2 All Stars. Gerry McCarville was head and shoulders ahead of Gerry Hargan. But Eamon Murphy losing out to Paul Earley at FF was beyond a joke. Murphy won NFL and Ulster medals, scored a hat trick in a NFL quarter final . Paul Earley did nothing in league and got beaten in Connacht Final. But it was the Bank of Ireland All Stars and Earley was a Bank of Ireland employee. Pathetic!

FootblockREF (Monaghan) - Posts: 430 - 28/03/2020 07:09:31    2274873

Link

Replying To FootblockREF:  "1985 was the one that got away. We would have played a mediocre Dublin team in final, theywouldbt even win a Leinster until 1989. We had some serious power and strength in that team. Absolute disgrace that we only got 2 All Stars. Gerry McCarville was head and shoulders ahead of Gerry Hargan. But Eamon Murphy losing out to Paul Earley at FF was beyond a joke. Murphy won NFL and Ulster medals, scored a hat trick in a NFL quarter final . Paul Earley did nothing in league and got beaten in Connacht Final. But it was the Bank of Ireland All Stars and Earley was a Bank of Ireland employee. Pathetic!"
Aye I remember first going to see the team play in the late 80s when they were on the slide just hadnt realised how good a players they were a few years earlier. They were still competitive bunch with ulster title in 88 but never really showed up in all ireland semi final that year v cork which was their swansong at that level.

seanie08 (Monaghan) - Posts: 1444 - 28/03/2020 15:30:57    2274894

Link

id love to see the 2003 game where we beat all ireland champs armagh. probably the first game i can remember celebrating as a monaghan fan. dont really remember the game but i remember being on the hill and the celebrations afterwards were great.

i know this forum is about the league but while im here - are there any other games people would love to look back on?

MalsBalls (Monaghan) - Posts: 102 - 30/03/2020 13:23:59    2275027

Link

Replying To MalsBalls:  "id love to see the 2003 game where we beat all ireland champs armagh. probably the first game i can remember celebrating as a monaghan fan. dont really remember the game but i remember being on the hill and the celebrations afterwards were great.

i know this forum is about the league but while im here - are there any other games people would love to look back on?"
2005 NFL final

monman246 (Monaghan) - Posts: 44 - 30/03/2020 13:49:34    2275028

Link

Replying To MalsBalls:  "id love to see the 2003 game where we beat all ireland champs armagh. probably the first game i can remember celebrating as a monaghan fan. dont really remember the game but i remember being on the hill and the celebrations afterwards were great.

i know this forum is about the league but while im here - are there any other games people would love to look back on?"
Donegal 1995 we all thought we were back after that one but came crashing down to earth v Cavan. Still it was probably our best performance in years at that time.

seanie08 (Monaghan) - Posts: 1444 - 30/03/2020 14:06:34    2275030

Link

I remember that game well and in truth it is where the legend Paul Finlay arrived! The points he scored that day where a joy to behold. I can still recall the roar of the crowd and the hair standing on the back of my neck.

OrielPower (Monaghan) - Posts: 101 - 30/03/2020 19:32:01    2275049

Link