Club Championship

(Oldest Posts First)

Bit late but thoughts so far?

Quarter finals look unbelievable:

KC vs Coalisland
Omagh vs Errigal
Trillick vs Clonoe
Edendock vs Cmore

Hard to call them but il go for Coalisland, Errigal, Trillick, Carrickmore.

Haven't seen much of Inter/Junior to be honest. Seen Moortown vs Gortin on Tyrone TV which was exciting.

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts: 1716 - 11/09/2019 13:52:19    2234411

Link

Championship looks very open. I would go for Coalisland, Omagh, Trillick and Carrickmore. Trillick looked very good in the first round and would be my tip to win overall.

Byanthon (Tyrone) - Posts: 1608 - 12/09/2019 12:23:47    2234714

Link

Replying To Byanthon:  "Championship looks very open. I would go for Coalisland, Omagh, Trillick and Carrickmore. Trillick looked very good in the first round and would be my tip to win overall."
Trillick looked good but Dromore were shocking....very young team.

I have a sneaking feeling that its Errigal's year. Canavan a year older and they have great players. However I think I said the exact same thing this time last year.

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts: 1716 - 12/09/2019 15:55:07    2234779

Link

I will go for Coalisland, Errigal, Clonoe and Carrickmore.

Killyclougher just are not the team they were, Errigal should be too strong for Omagh, Carrickmore have improved a serious amount from last year but I think the tie of the round could be Clonoe V Trillick.

I know Clonoe were not really tested against Moy and Trillick destroyed Dromore but there could be too much thought put into that display and it has to be said that Dromore were shocking.

I think Clonoe going in under the radar could be dangerous and they might cause an upset.

It has to be said though that the Tyrone SFC is class. A different winner almost every year.

Wally (Tyrone) - Posts: 676 - 13/09/2019 13:13:44    2235005

Link

When did the rule change that stated only grounds that had turnstiles could accommodate championship matches. Does this make Friday nite matches invalid and replays to take place?

Onlythelonely (Tyrone) - Posts: 2 - 16/09/2019 19:40:02    2236307

Link

Replying To Onlythelonely:  "When did the rule change that stated only grounds that had turnstiles could accommodate championship matches. Does this make Friday nite matches invalid and replays to take place?"
Never in my life heard of that rule??

What grounds which are holding championship matches don't have turnstiles?

Don't think you would need turnstiles for a standalone junior championship match - few hundred in attendance, easy enough to deal with.

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts: 1716 - 18/09/2019 12:25:05    2237058

Link

Replying To The_Fridge:  "Never in my life heard of that rule??

What grounds which are holding championship matches don't have turnstiles?

Don't think you would need turnstiles for a standalone junior championship match - few hundred in attendance, easy enough to deal with."
Was on the County Committee when rule brought in 2003 - 2005 era. 3/4 hour spent debating it. Another 10 to 12 rules passed in about 10 minutes. Stewartstown double header and money taken by Co. Officials standing by a table at the gate. Why treat 3rd division any different than 1st or second division? Snobbery?

Onlythelonely (Tyrone) - Posts: 2 - 01/10/2019 14:11:08    2240640

Link

Replying To Onlythelonely:  "Was on the County Committee when rule brought in 2003 - 2005 era. 3/4 hour spent debating it. Another 10 to 12 rules passed in about 10 minutes. Stewartstown double header and money taken by Co. Officials standing by a table at the gate. Why treat 3rd division any different than 1st or second division? Snobbery?"
We are talking about 15 years ago....probably changed at some stage I'd say.
Stewartstowns complex recently enough built-I'm sure turnstiles will come soon.

Turnstiles aren't that much of a concern to be honest. If a ground has them great, if not pay money and head in and watch the match.

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts: 1716 - 04/10/2019 20:10:00    2241403

Link