Tyrone Forum

What Now For Tyrone?

(Oldest Posts First)

I was disappointed this year again for our gallant team who put so much effort into training and games to come away with nothing. Therefore, the question must be asked why this is? I know it is a touchy subject but we must look at the manager and pose the question, is he best placed to take Tyrone forward in 2020 or has his term now come to an end?

Up4it. (Tyrone) - Posts: 188 - 12/08/2019 09:52:46    2224475

Link

Replying To Up4it.:  "I was disappointed this year again for our gallant team who put so much effort into training and games to come away with nothing. Therefore, the question must be asked why this is? I know it is a touchy subject but we must look at the manager and pose the question, is he best placed to take Tyrone forward in 2020 or has his term now come to an end?"
Need to get mark Bradley and lee brennan back. They would be a perfect partner upfront for mcshane. Cant understand why mccurry didn't come on sooner, quick skillful forward would have destroyed kerrys defence.

Suppose reality is that nothing much will change as mickey is far too stubborn to change. Would expect 1 or 2 more fellas to leave the panel. Coney may go as he never really got a chance this year.

Sludden looked pissed off yesterday and I'm not surprised as I dont think I have seen peter harte ever subbed in the last 4 years unless it was for an injury.

kevin03 (Tyrone) - Posts: 227 - 12/08/2019 16:29:18    2224745

Link

Replying To kevin03:  "Need to get mark Bradley and lee brennan back. They would be a perfect partner upfront for mcshane. Cant understand why mccurry didn't come on sooner, quick skillful forward would have destroyed kerrys defence.

Suppose reality is that nothing much will change as mickey is far too stubborn to change. Would expect 1 or 2 more fellas to leave the panel. Coney may go as he never really got a chance this year.

Sludden looked pissed off yesterday and I'm not surprised as I dont think I have seen peter harte ever subbed in the last 4 years unless it was for an injury."
Things got difficult at the start of the second half and Micky appeared to have no answers. We set up with such a defensive team with an attacking emphasis based on the long ball into McShane. Kerry were able to counter this tactic at half time and the scores dried up. BUT... we cannot blame Micky for the number of turnovers, one of which led directly to the Kerry goal. I also though the referring, especially at the start of the second half, appeared to sap some of the belief out of the team...

I think I would like a change of management, just getting tired with the same old record over and over again... but Micky is going nowhere unless the County have some "balls" and decides that now is the time for a fresh management team... how likely... not likely I fear.

Ger from Omagh (Tyrone) - Posts: 110 - 12/08/2019 17:27:50    2224776

Link

Good season for Tyrone bar a hammering by Donegal and a good second half display by Kerry. Safety in division one and an All Ireland semi is a good achievement for any team.

TheRock2121 (Donegal) - Posts: 366 - 13/08/2019 09:03:28    2225011

Link

Replying To TheRock2121:  "Good season for Tyrone bar a hammering by Donegal and a good second half display by Kerry. Safety in division one and an All Ireland semi is a good achievement for any team."
Rock I think its been an Average year in all accounts.

League - Beat by the 2 eventual finalists and draw with Rossies
Ulster - Beat a bad Derry team, convincingly beat Antrim but they even poked holes in our defence and then Lost Peter Harte to an incorrect Black Card and folded
Back Door - Convincing wins over Kildare, Longford and Cavan
Super 8's - Lucky to get on Dublin and Rossies side, Cork put up a fight but never in any real doubt.
Semi's - Looked comfortable in first half - Out classed in second half physically and tactically.

To answer the initial question of the thread, get back to club football, enjoy the Christmas break and back out for the stupid McKenna cup where a load of players are drafted in, others rested and Students are playing for Uni's. It will probably the only silverware we'll take home in 2020.

Only problem is, we're missing 1 key member of the backroom staff in Peter Donnelly, the work he has done for the players in the gym has well and truely paid off. Will there be anyone that can keep that standard up? Will there be any real new faces brought into the team that will actually challenge. This year we had Ben McDonnell, Brian Kennedy & Benny Gallon

Find_the_space (Tyrone) - Posts: 299 - 14/08/2019 15:56:04    2225668

Link