Hope ye get Dublin next Saturday
I'll be there
Warriors

Maroonedinlongford (Galway) - Posts: 188 - 04/08/2019 16:51:25    2220676

Link

Well well here we go again lads :D

realdub (Dublin) - Posts: 7691 - 04/08/2019 18:47:11    2220744

Link

Hello from the Royal county, congrats on a great win yesterday,i really think yee have the tools to beat dublin and yee are also peaking at the right time, i was at the leinster final and was impressed with how meath played in the first 55 minutes, kept the dubs to 10 points ( 5 from play ) alas we collapsed then and the dubs steam rolled us, im sure every manager has watched the first half of this game twenty times and were curious how meath frustrated the dubs and indeed took them on and the simple reason is this....dublin don't have forwards who can score from distance anymore, they work the ball in very patiently, we defended the 40 yard line and let dublin have the ball, when they broke the line we were able to overturn them numerous times BUT the only problem was we didnt have any linkmen to take the ball up the field, MAYO DO, im sure horan will have the very same plan along with ball winners up front who will win their own ball and take on the average dublin full back line, it will take a huge effort but i honestly think yee can do it this year.

best of luck next saturday

thelutch (Meath) - Posts: 788 - 04/08/2019 19:02:27    2220756

Link

Replying To Tirchonaill1:  "Not long to go now, tick tock, bye bye Mayo."
You must be feeling very silly in the wake of this and some of your other comments about Donegal finishing Mayo off?

Gleebo (Mayo) - Posts: 1676 - 05/08/2019 09:47:51    2220993

Link

Replying To Maroonedinlongford:  "Galway to the core
But that performance by the backs and centre field last night was top drawer
Mayo grit the teeth and thicken up when the going gets tough
Hope ye get Dublin next Saturday
I'll be there
Warriors"
Fair play to you, Galway Man.

DonegalAtlantic (Donegal) - Posts: 76 - 05/08/2019 17:26:33    2221229

Link

I know it makes no difference now as the result went our way but what are peoples views on the penalty?

There hasn't been much talk about it but I thought it was a very poor decision. Lee K had done a brilliant job (as ever) marking Murphy. Murphy wins this joke of a penalty and if Donegal had better shooting boots would have won the game for them.

Is there any other player in the country you would prefer to have on your side doing a man marking job than Lee Keegan?

Cbar (Mayo) - Posts: 170 - 06/08/2019 13:49:21    2221595

Link

Replying To Cbar:  "I know it makes no difference now as the result went our way but what are peoples views on the penalty?

There hasn't been much talk about it but I thought it was a very poor decision. Lee K had done a brilliant job (as ever) marking Murphy. Murphy wins this joke of a penalty and if Donegal had better shooting boots would have won the game for them.

Is there any other player in the country you would prefer to have on your side doing a man marking job than Lee Keegan?"
Short answer : no.
He's always going to get into trouble because if he doesn't, he's not doing his job.

steve097 (Dublin) - Posts: 109 - 06/08/2019 15:48:45    2221674

Link

Replying To Cbar:  "I know it makes no difference now as the result went our way but what are peoples views on the penalty?

Is there any other player in the country you would prefer to have on your side doing a man marking job than Lee Keegan?"
My view is that Michael Murphy went down for easily for a man of his size, up against a fella several inches shorter and several kilos lighter than him.

IMO both players had a grip of each other and it was six-of-one-half-a-dozen-of-the-other.

As Donaghy said on tv, if that's the barometer of what a penalty is, he'd have ten All-Ireland medals!

Aidan O'Shea got slaughtered for the Fermanagh incident back in 2016 but this one wasn't much better IMO.

Didn't like Murphy's reaction either to the AOS incident in which Aidan was clearly poleaxed by a shoulder to the face on his blindside.

Fine footballer but not the saint he's made out to be.

Gleebo (Mayo) - Posts: 1676 - 07/08/2019 09:34:41    2222046

Link

Replying To Gleebo:  "My view is that Michael Murphy went down for easily for a man of his size, up against a fella several inches shorter and several kilos lighter than him.

IMO both players had a grip of each other and it was six-of-one-half-a-dozen-of-the-other.

As Donaghy said on tv, if that's the barometer of what a penalty is, he'd have ten All-Ireland medals!

Aidan O'Shea got slaughtered for the Fermanagh incident back in 2016 but this one wasn't much better IMO.

Didn't like Murphy's reaction either to the AOS incident in which Aidan was clearly poleaxed by a shoulder to the face on his blindside.

Fine footballer but not the saint he's made out to be."
I think everyone knows it was a silly and wrong decision. Sad too that the referee wouldn't man up and come out and say so. Neither does it take away from Michael Murphy's attempt to con the referee and also try and get Keegan sent off.
A bad around the neck tackle of Stephen Coen should have resulted in a sending off but Stephen decided to stay standing. Was Coen right in staying on his feet? Would a Donegal player do that, would a Dublin player do it? If we want an All Ireland then players have to go down in order to be sure of a decision. All a bit sad really but it all comes back to THE REFEREE. There's going to be very important decisions the next day, both teams take it to the edge, first few minutes it's going to get tested and could decide who wins. Just wait and see.

davittsman (Mayo) - Posts: 321 - 07/08/2019 18:54:59    2222327

Link