Down Forum

League And Championship Predictions

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Poor game,poor refereing,poor ballygalget team,we just done enough to get over the line

crannumber2 (Down) - Posts: 260 - 15/09/2019 18:04:42    2235714

Link

How was today's game I couldn't make it was it a poor enough ? Seen there was near 20 scores from dead ball

Awaywiththeferrys (Down) - Posts: 50 - 15/09/2019 19:02:18    2235743

Link

Replying To crannumber2:  "Poor game,poor refereing,poor ballygalget team,we just done enough to get over the line"
As a neutral crans dominated the 1st half. Keeper pulled off a couple of good saves to give them the win. Johnston out field a disaster hitting points when he was on the square. Good ref .......a straight red for flinn?

cahill (None) - Posts: 2501 - 15/09/2019 19:09:17    2235744

Link

Galgets had their chances but better team won. 2 great saves from Kieth in nets made the difference. A lot of scores from frees but ref was ok. Not the best not the worst.
Dan Toner MOM for me.
Flynn went of for 2nd yella so he can play in final i think.

Roll on 29th for the final. Where will it be?

Seannie Og (Down) - Posts: 937 - 15/09/2019 19:28:32    2235749

Link

Replying To bricktop:  "Ref was dead on. He got the indirect free decisions correct and stuck to his guns.

One of the better refereeing performances I've seen in a while.

Magic hurt his knee when taking the 21. He wasn't hit on the head. Some others were a bit too quick to go to ground IMO and were putting it on.

Game could have went either way IMO and the Ports rode a bit of luck at the back with Magic failing to find Caolan Coulter with a handpass when he was on the deck and the brilliant flick from Taggert that denied wee Danny a certain goal.

Ports subs took some great points, big Coleman and Fitzsimmons never showed anything like that in any other game this year and Ballygalget hit some poor wides throughout the game.

We'll be able to overpower that Ballygalget outfit easy enough come Sunday. 5 to 10 points as I say."
Very ambitious with the 10 there big stuff. I dinny think we could be so headless with our inability to use magic properly but I think your 10 point statement was even more headless!!!! But sure, don't really expect any different

In_da_ditch (UK) - Posts: 143 - 15/09/2019 22:55:56    2235863

Link

JHC - Ballela
IHC - Bredagh
SHC - Portaferry

What's everyone else's predictions?

Hurler2012 (Down) - Posts: 12 - 16/09/2019 08:17:29    2235915

Link

Replying To In_da_ditch:  "Very ambitious with the 10 there big stuff. I dinny think we could be so headless with our inability to use magic properly but I think your 10 point statement was even more headless!!!! But sure, don't really expect any different"
It was a 6 point game for most of the duration. The fact that you put on a spurt at an end and tapped over a few points when you needed a goal was all I needed to know.

My original predictions were that Ballygalget wouldn't win a game other than the Liatroim game - correct

I still think we'll beat Portaferry in two weeks time as their fullback line and keep are Dodgy AF and we'll shut up shop better at the other end than we did up in Carryduff.

Get yourself on to toals now GAL GET.

bricktop (Down) - Posts: 2353 - 16/09/2019 12:23:31    2236042

Link

Replying To bricktop:  "It was a 6 point game for most of the duration. The fact that you put on a spurt at an end and tapped over a few points when you needed a goal was all I needed to know.

My original predictions were that Ballygalget wouldn't win a game other than the Liatroim game - correct

I still think we'll beat Portaferry in two weeks time as their fullback line and keep are Dodgy AF and we'll shut up shop better at the other end than we did up in Carryduff.

Get yourself on to toals now GAL GET."
Don't be getting to excited just yet brick top Portaferry will not be as bad as carryduff and will be hungry for the win hopefully with a few possibly returning from injury Conor Mageean and young sands will hopefully be as sharp as last day it'll be close again ports by 2

Awaywiththeferrys (Down) - Posts: 50 - 16/09/2019 13:09:27    2236072

Link

Replying To Awaywiththeferrys:  "Don't be getting to excited just yet brick top Portaferry will not be as bad as carryduff and will be hungry for the win hopefully with a few possibly returning from injury Conor Mageean and young sands will hopefully be as sharp as last day it'll be close again ports by 2"
Have you got P McNally in nets then?

bricktop (Down) - Posts: 2353 - 16/09/2019 16:01:50    2236180

Link

Replying To bricktop:  "It was a 6 point game for most of the duration. The fact that you put on a spurt at an end and tapped over a few points when you needed a goal was all I needed to know.

Get yourself on to toals now GAL GET."
Mutley showed how good he was yesterday. Just hope he plays like that in the final and Portaferry will be delighted and eoghan sands will leave the pitch with 3/4 goals.

RedDog68 (Down) - Posts: 173 - 16/09/2019 17:24:04    2236238

Link

All players have an of day,danny toner was unmarkable on sunday,mutley has been a steady consistant performer the last 5-6 years,he will be lookin forward to the final

crannumber2 (Down) - Posts: 260 - 17/09/2019 05:47:33    2236450

Link

Replying To RedDog68:  "Mutley showed how good he was yesterday. Just hope he plays like that in the final and Portaferry will be delighted and eoghan sands will leave the pitch with 3/4 goals."
We can afford to put Mutley and AN other onto Sands as there's no other forward to worry about.

Mageean will do the pseudo hardman stuff which Paudie will lap up all day long and nullify his threat.

Are BA and Dule back in training yet?

bricktop (Down) - Posts: 2353 - 17/09/2019 11:41:32    2236551

Link

Replying To bricktop:  "We can afford to put Mutley and AN other onto Sands as there's no other forward to worry about.

Mageean will do the pseudo hardman stuff which Paudie will lap up all day long and nullify his threat.

Are BA and Dule back in training yet?"
I heard the younger sands flying home from big apple management paying for it themselves. If Young sands is back ballycran will b in trouble,there backs r struggling as it is.

Therealnumer1 (Down) - Posts: 54 - 17/09/2019 12:56:08    2236582

Link

Replying To bricktop:  "We can afford to put Mutley and AN other onto Sands as there's no other forward to worry about.

Are BA and Dule back in training yet?"
Why would they be back in training?

RedDog68 (Down) - Posts: 173 - 17/09/2019 13:52:03    2236606

Link

[quote=Therealnumer1:  "I heard the younger sands flying home from big apple management paying for it themselves. If Young sands is back ballycran will b in trouble,there backs r struggling as it is."

What message is that sending to the other lads on the panel if that does happen?

bricktop (Down) - Posts: 2353 - 17/09/2019 14:56:03    2236642

Link

Replying To bricktop:  "[quote=Therealnumer1:  "I heard the younger sands flying home from big apple management paying for it themselves. If Young sands is back ballycran will b in trouble,there backs r struggling as it is."

What message is that sending to the other lads on the panel if that does happen?"
Big man I agree 100% with you boys training all year cast aside big Coleman, paudie Doran, fay,magee,fitzsimons and a load others disgrace.

Therealnumer1 (Down) - Posts: 54 - 17/09/2019 17:10:25    2236713

Link

Replying To Therealnumer1:  "Big man I agree 100% with you boys training all year cast aside big Coleman, paudie Doran, fay,magee,fitzsimons and a load others disgrace."
I don't think young diathi is coming home for the match no point coming home for one match would need him for Ulster he will be a big miss but have to get on with it. Did magic not come home from America a few times to play championship games ?

Awaywiththeferrys (Down) - Posts: 50 - 17/09/2019 17:29:40    2236720

Link

Replying To Therealnumer1:  "Big man I agree 100% with you boys training all year cast aside big Coleman, paudie Doran, fay,magee,fitzsimons and a load others disgrace."
If Daithi did get flown home he'd still of been at more trainings than some of the subs who sit and watched all the league games but are some how fit for championship. Be interesting to see if Aaron o prey and Ronan Blair are fit come next week and they haven't played in a couple of months. Well ronan could play Gaelic but not hurling....

RedDog68 (Down) - Posts: 173 - 17/09/2019 17:47:30    2236727

Link

Replying To RedDog68:  "If Daithi did get flown home he'd still of been at more trainings than some of the subs who sit and watched all the league games but are some how fit for championship. Be interesting to see if Aaron o prey and Ronan Blair are fit come next week and they haven't played in a couple of months. Well ronan could play Gaelic but not hurling...."
Most of the subs have been training and playing seconds all year so deserve their place on the panel

Awaywiththeferrys (Down) - Posts: 50 - 17/09/2019 17:58:56    2236735

Link

Lads - its bad enough to be slating inter county players but we have now descended into commenting on individual club players....to be honest surprised at the mods for allowing this, nobody is getting paid to play these games if they turn up for training, play well whatever is up to them they don't deserve to have their names plastered all over the Internet by people who won't put their own name to their comments yet have no issue naming others.......by all means debate the games and outcomes but seriously lay off the personal stuff on club players, not on.

PaudieSull1 (Down) - Posts: 702 - 17/09/2019 21:46:04    2236865

Link