Westmeath Forum

Minor Footballers

(Oldest Posts First)

Good luck to the County U17 footballers tonight away to Longford in the first round of the Leinster Championship 7pm:

Jamie Mulkerrin; Daire Smyth, Dylan Fagan, Adam Treanor; Darragh Seery, Eamon Martin, Josh Gahan; Conor Gibney, Fionn O'Hara; Cillian Lawlor, Luke Buckley, Darren Mnguni; Ben McGauran, Devin Hill, Dan Leech

Subs: Sean Hynes, Ronan Hanley, Shane Reid, Zach Aherne, Rory Mullins, Brendan Killian, Ciaran Daly, Shane Williams, Colm Murray

4 teams in group 1 - away to Laois on May 8th and home to Carlow on 15th May.
4 groups so 2 qualify out of each group into quarter finals.

BigSur (Westmeath) - Posts: 621 - 23/04/2019 16:16:06    2179942

Link

Replying To BigSur:  "Good luck to the County U17 footballers tonight away to Longford in the first round of the Leinster Championship 7pm:

Jamie Mulkerrin; Daire Smyth, Dylan Fagan, Adam Treanor; Darragh Seery, Eamon Martin, Josh Gahan; Conor Gibney, Fionn O'Hara; Cillian Lawlor, Luke Buckley, Darren Mnguni; Ben McGauran, Devin Hill, Dan Leech

Subs: Sean Hynes, Ronan Hanley, Shane Reid, Zach Aherne, Rory Mullins, Brendan Killian, Ciaran Daly, Shane Williams, Colm Murray

4 teams in group 1 - away to Laois on May 8th and home to Carlow on 15th May.
4 groups so 2 qualify out of each group into quarter finals."
Were you at it? A good start anyways. Never easy to go to Pearse Park and win. Be super if we can do well at u17 this year as we have been very poor at underage the level the last few years. Can only be a good thing that Luke Dempsey and Jack Cooney are involved with the underage development teams.

Matthew (None) - Posts: 897 - 23/04/2019 21:31:54    2179992

Link

Good luck to the minor footballers today. A tough game ahead but hopefully they can do it.

The_Biler (Westmeath) - Posts: 84 - 22/06/2019 07:19:29    2198484

Link

Is there any plan put in place for this group of players for the next 3 years until they are U20? By all accounts a fairly talented group, weren't too far off Dublin in a Leinster semi final. Will they just go back to their clubs for the next 3 years and expect a similar result? You can guarantee that Dublin team will have a 3 year development and S&C plan put in front of them to get them to U20!

Wmeath2 (Westmeath) - Posts: 85 - 02/09/2019 22:37:17    2232137

Link

Replying To Wmeath2:  "Is there any plan put in place for this group of players for the next 3 years until they are U20? By all accounts a fairly talented group, weren't too far off Dublin in a Leinster semi final. Will they just go back to their clubs for the next 3 years and expect a similar result? You can guarantee that Dublin team will have a 3 year development and S&C plan put in front of them to get them to U20!"
I concur that is a decent minor side Westmeath had. I seen a few of the Ulster teams but was most impressed by Westmeath and Dublin when I seen them play. It was a game Westmeath should have won but I think the pressure of the situation got to them. Dublin threw away Leinster with poor decision in the final third. Plus I thought they done the same against Mayo conceding silly goals combined with poor finishing. I imagine with Jack Cooney and Luke Dempsey involved underage these players will be put on the right path and taken care of.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2122 - 12/09/2019 00:48:37    2234627

Link