Kildare Forum

Minors 2019

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Jeez they knocked lumps out of each other. Never saw so many hits in a minor game! Laois Kildare rivalry is alive and well.
A right battle. We kicked at least 15 wides but had as many turnovers. No cake walk and a really good test before the final. In fairness to Laois they battled all the way, their no 10 did a lot of damage early on.

St.Conleth (Kildare) - Posts: 1587 - 21/06/2019 23:44:21    2198457

Link

A win's a win I suppose. Started brightly before Laois settled into it. Played much better in the second half as well, less wides and defended better as a unit too.

Hard to know what to say about Eoin Bagnall, most impressive display from any of the forwards to date from him.

Great to have another 2 games to look forward to at least, 6 finals in 7 years as well is a good run to be on.

1 down 3 to go, good start to the weekend.

if_in_doubt (Kildare) - Posts: 3631 - 22/06/2019 10:54:24    2198520

Link

Fantastic performance from the young Lillie's . Deserving winners, played the better football throughout.

St.Conleth (Kildare) - Posts: 1587 - 06/07/2019 18:53:51    2206368

Link

Incredible performance from the boys today. They showed so much composure and grit, even when Dublin went 5 ahead in the second half.

A huge compliment to the coaching of that team. Their defensive setup was outstanding. So much intensity.

Daith (Kildare) - Posts: 1098 - 06/07/2019 21:33:53    2206519

Link

Should be a decent game between Galway and Kildare in 3 weeks.
Hard to know how we will bounce back after losing the Connacht final by a point in extra time - when we were 4 up at one stage in extra time.
I see our full forward Tomo Culhane played his club football in Kildare with Clane last year.
Will be an interesting game for him for sure.
Did ye win all yere games in Leinster?

galwayman2 (Galway) - Posts: 641 - 08/07/2019 09:03:32    2207577

Link

Replying To galwayman2:  "Should be a decent game between Galway and Kildare in 3 weeks.
Hard to know how we will bounce back after losing the Connacht final by a point in extra time - when we were 4 up at one stage in extra time.
I see our full forward Tomo Culhane played his club football in Kildare with Clane last year.
Will be an interesting game for him for sure.
Did ye win all yere games in Leinster?"
Has he left Clane ? Wasn't sure he had. Our goalkeeper is from Clane so he'll certainly know him.
Yes, won all games in Leinster. We haven't done well outside of Leinster for a while so hopefully put one over on ye !! Should be a good game anyway. Looking forward to it.

KildareKelly (Kildare) - Posts: 572 - 08/07/2019 14:24:58    2207878

Link

Match in three weeks?
Any idea of a venue?

Dr.Watson (Kildare) - Posts: 189 - 08/07/2019 16:46:22    2207985

Link

Replying To KildareKelly:  "Has he left Clane ? Wasn't sure he had. Our goalkeeper is from Clane so he'll certainly know him.
Yes, won all games in Leinster. We haven't done well outside of Leinster for a while so hopefully put one over on ye !! Should be a good game anyway. Looking forward to it."
Yeah I'm almost certain himself and his brothers are all back playing with Salthill in the city this year.
I believe he was a student at Clongowes which may have had something to do with why he was playing with Clane I'm not sure to be honest.
We have lost two games in Connacht - first time out against Ros in a game we were 8 points up in in the first half and fell asleep, then won all other games up until the extra time defeat in the final with Mayo whom we had beaten in Castlebar two weeks previously by 7 points.
It should be a good one though I would say. I don't think either team will walk away with it anyway.

galwayman2 (Galway) - Posts: 641 - 08/07/2019 16:52:07    2207992

Link

Replying To galwayman2:  "Yeah I'm almost certain himself and his brothers are all back playing with Salthill in the city this year.
I believe he was a student at Clongowes which may have had something to do with why he was playing with Clane I'm not sure to be honest.
We have lost two games in Connacht - first time out against Ros in a game we were 8 points up in in the first half and fell asleep, then won all other games up until the extra time defeat in the final with Mayo whom we had beaten in Castlebar two weeks previously by 7 points.
It should be a good one though I would say. I don't think either team will walk away with it anyway."
Fair enough, you're probably right, i just hadn't heard. Makes sense if he was in Clongowes. Not many GAA players from there !!!

I'd say you're right. Probably won't be a lot in it on the day.

KildareKelly (Kildare) - Posts: 572 - 08/07/2019 21:18:41    2208168

Link

Fantastic to get the win on Saturday. Some really impressive performances, particularly from Browne and Bagnall in the forwards and Flynn in the middle before moving into full forward.

There's definitely a resilience within this team, at times in the Wicklow, Louth and Laois games there was little spells when the opposition were on top or got a run on them but the heads never dropped and they kept plugging away. Even 6 or 7 down on Saturday they stuck to the game plan and slowly pulled their way back into it in the middle of the 2nd half before getting ahead.

You'd imagine it'll either be either Tullamore or Portlaoise on the 27th as a double header with the Mayo - Dublin game. Hard to know what to expect from them, unlucky to lose to Mayo last weekend perhaps, bet them in the group stage before that but also lost to Roscommon in the group stage as well. Always hard to gauge provinces against each other at underage I suppose.

Overall it's been a very positive year, in different games different players have stepped up and driven the team on - especially among the forwards. There looks to be a solid midfield there as well and some of the back 7 have put in very impressive individual displays at times too. Our form outside of Leinster over the last few years hasn't been great so hopefully that'll change against Galway.

if_in_doubt (Kildare) - Posts: 3631 - 09/07/2019 12:16:16    2208387

Link

All Ireland quarter final scheduled for Saturday in Longford, on after the Dublin - Mayo quarter final and the Dublin - Galway Under 20 semi final.

Parking won't be great you'd imagine...

if_in_doubt (Kildare) - Posts: 3631 - 22/07/2019 19:00:01    2214903

Link

eam for tomorrow named as follows;

1 Cian Burke (Clane)
2 Joel Kavanagh (Kilcullen)
3 Conan Boran (Eadestown)
4 Tommy Gill (Carbury)
5 Ryan Comeou (Balyna)
6 Oisin O'Rourke (Athy)
7 Jack Quinn (Leixlip)
8 Shane Flynn (Balyna)
9 Kevin Eustace (St Laurences)
10 Adam Conneely (THM)
11 Aedan Boyle (Balyna)
12 Eoin Bagnall (Alymer Gaels)
13 Eoin Meehan (Moorefield)
14 Aaron Browne (Celbridge)
15 Ciaran O'Brien (Kilcullen)

Subs; Sean Knight, Daniel Woulfe, PJ Cullen, Mikey Spillane, Matthew Whelan, Mikey Delahunty, Luke Gorman, Oisin Milmoe, Mark Maguire

Galway were going for 5 in row before Mayo narrowly bet them a few weeks ago and I suppose no Kildare team can ever be too confident heading into a game against them. That said though they were beaten by Roscommon in the first group game in Connacht and were ran very close by Sligo in Tuam.

Like a lot of previous underage teams we seem a bit top heavy when it comes to standout performers so far. Conneely, Bagnall, Meehan, Browne and Milmoe have all put in seriously impressive performances over the last few months in the forward line with different players stepping up in different games.

Mikey Spillane and Mark Maguire have been impressive too at times so along with Milmoe at least we know we have some strong options off the bench.

Best of luck to all.

if_in_doubt (Kildare) - Posts: 3631 - 26/07/2019 18:15:55    2216869

Link

Replying To if_in_doubt:  "eam for tomorrow named as follows;

1 Cian Burke (Clane)
2 Joel Kavanagh (Kilcullen)
3 Conan Boran (Eadestown)
4 Tommy Gill (Carbury)
5 Ryan Comeou (Balyna)
6 Oisin O'Rourke (Athy)
7 Jack Quinn (Leixlip)
8 Shane Flynn (Balyna)
9 Kevin Eustace (St Laurences)
10 Adam Conneely (THM)
11 Aedan Boyle (Balyna)
12 Eoin Bagnall (Alymer Gaels)
13 Eoin Meehan (Moorefield)
14 Aaron Browne (Celbridge)
15 Ciaran O'Brien (Kilcullen)

Subs; Sean Knight, Daniel Woulfe, PJ Cullen, Mikey Spillane, Matthew Whelan, Mikey Delahunty, Luke Gorman, Oisin Milmoe, Mark Maguire

Galway were going for 5 in row before Mayo narrowly bet them a few weeks ago and I suppose no Kildare team can ever be too confident heading into a game against them. That said though they were beaten by Roscommon in the first group game in Connacht and were ran very close by Sligo in Tuam.

Like a lot of previous underage teams we seem a bit top heavy when it comes to standout performers so far. Conneely, Bagnall, Meehan, Browne and Milmoe have all put in seriously impressive performances over the last few months in the forward line with different players stepping up in different games.

Mikey Spillane and Mark Maguire have been impressive too at times so along with Milmoe at least we know we have some strong options off the bench.

Best of luck to all."
Time for us to go on in this competition and put the Galway hoodoo behind us. Best of luck to them tomorrow.

Hardly televised anywhere?

St.Conleth (Kildare) - Posts: 1587 - 26/07/2019 21:07:53    2216924

Link

Replying To St.Conleth:  "Time for us to go on in this competition and put the Galway hoodoo behind us. Best of luck to them tomorrow.

Hardly televised anywhere?"
Similar to the Leinster final, live on YouTube courtesy of TG4.

https://tg4.ie/ga/beo/sport-sathairn/

if_in_doubt (Kildare) - Posts: 3631 - 26/07/2019 22:46:51    2216952

Link

Replying To if_in_doubt:  "Similar to the Leinster final, live on YouTube courtesy of TG4.

https://tg4.ie/ga/beo/sport-sathairn/"
Brilliant! Thanks

St.Conleth (Kildare) - Posts: 1587 - 27/07/2019 14:40:42    2217100

Link