Kerry Forum

All Ireland Championship 2019

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Get yer tickets boys they're on sale now."
False alarm lads, tickets not on sale as there's problems in crokepark tickets department.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9085 - 08/07/2019 10:28:29    2207647

Link

Replying To yew_tree:  "It won't be The supporters that win the game. Just delighted to be in the super 8s. Ask a Mayo fan in person and most will say we won't win the All Ireland.

Heard ye are unbeaten in Killarney in championship in 25 years...yikes!!! Anyway looking forward to the long trip down...hope ye have the bars stocked up"
Well yew tree do you reckon they'll be a big crowd down for it, I suppose a Sunday afternoon throw in might have some knock on effect, its a long trek back to Mayo at 6pm with work the next day?
Kerry supporters really need to come out in force for this one and ensure our young team have the majority support in their own back yard!
Make Fitzgerald a Fortress!!

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 4596 - 08/07/2019 11:00:58    2207673

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "False alarm lads, tickets not on sale as there's problems in crokepark tickets department."
I hear they're not exactly sure of the capacity with H&S for a single stand alone fixture you would assume they're waiting on confirmation before they can allocate tickets.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 4596 - 08/07/2019 11:22:57    2207689

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "I hear they're not exactly sure of the capacity with H&S for a single stand alone fixture you would assume they're waiting on confirmation before they can allocate tickets."
Sure they've known about this fixture for the last 3 weeks and it's only now they're sorting out the capacity.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9085 - 08/07/2019 12:22:34    2207739

Link

Lads coming over from London for the game and it is astounding that they have not sorted the ticket situation. I don't have a ticket as I did not buy a season ticket this year. And as for the train that is a norther mess I have rang County board this morning and there reply was they do not know what is happening yet

traleegerry (Kerry) - Posts: 308 - 08/07/2019 13:23:34    2207799

Link

Replying To traleegerry:  "Lads coming over from London for the game and it is astounding that they have not sorted the ticket situation. I don't have a ticket as I did not buy a season ticket this year. And as for the train that is a norther mess I have rang County board this morning and there reply was they do not know what is happening yet"
That's a joke Gerry and I'm sorry to hear that.like I say crokepark have known about this fixture with 3 weeks and this is the shite.

You can bet this wouldn't happen their beloved dubs.

My family have the season tickets but we were going to carry a few young nephews with us to their first big game as they are too young to be taken to Dublin the following week and Meath the long weekend so this would have been ideal for them.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9085 - 08/07/2019 16:13:14    2207958

Link

19000 at mayo galway game in Limerick, approx 15000 mayo supporters. Id expect a similar number to travel to kerry, some older folks and young families wont travel due to the distance but will suit others better as its on Sunday. There was only around 5000 at the Kerry/Clare game. Overall id say there will be around 25-30 there max.

Mfs (Mayo) - Posts: 154 - 08/07/2019 16:14:20    2207959

Link

https://news.paddypower.com/gaa/2019/07/08/mahony-kerry-bullied-mayos-galacticos/

Kerry15 (Kerry) - Posts: 215 - 08/07/2019 17:19:31    2208009

Link

Replying To Kerry15:  "https://news.paddypower.com/gaa/2019/07/08/mahony-kerry-bullied-mayos-galacticos/"
A great read there Kerry15, god we could do with a warrior like AO'M on Sunday,

Hopefully a few will stand up.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9085 - 08/07/2019 20:02:11    2208102

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Well yew tree do you reckon they'll be a big crowd down for it, I suppose a Sunday afternoon throw in might have some knock on effect, its a long trek back to Mayo at 6pm with work the next day?
Kerry supporters really need to come out in force for this one and ensure our young team have the majority support in their own back yard!
Make Fitzgerald a Fortress!!"
Well we have 5,000 season ticket holders so that would be the min amount that will travel. Reckon 10k max...we have been on long treks in recent weeks so maybe not as many will travel as excepted especially with a Croke Park trip the week after.

yew_tree (Mayo) - Posts: 9743 - 08/07/2019 20:36:05    2208127

Link

Tried booking tickets online but a joke so just walked into my local centra, one minute later walked me out with my tickets. My advise for non season ticket holders, go to Centra. Easier by a country mile.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 3920 - 08/07/2019 22:31:36    2208233

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Tried booking tickets online but a joke so just walked into my local centra, one minute later walked me out with my tickets. My advise for non season ticket holders, go to Centra. Easier by a country mile."
To be honest anytime there is ever a big Championship match I always preferred going into the County Board offices when they said they'd be on sale. Always found the ticket options they had to be way better than anything they put on line through the ticket selling website.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 4596 - 09/07/2019 10:49:06    2208341

Link

Right Mayo's challenge has been conquered. But it doesn't get any easier, next up is a Donegal side many people think are the real deal.
Didn't see anything of the Meath game but heard the Royals gave them plenty to think about. They also let what turned out to be a very poor Cavan side in for plenty of scores in the Ulster final. So are they a little overhyped?! We'll know soon enough.

Yesterday's performance has got the county supporters buzzing so I assume we'll see a good crowd up there shouting on our heroes!
2017 Q-final since we've won in Croke Park which is a record that needs to be quashed.
But as of right now I'd take a draw all day long.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 4596 - 15/07/2019 20:29:09    2211582

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Right Mayo's challenge has been conquered. But it doesn't get any easier, next up is a Donegal side many people think are the real deal.
Didn't see anything of the Meath game but heard the Royals gave them plenty to think about. They also let what turned out to be a very poor Cavan side in for plenty of scores in the Ulster final. So are they a little overhyped?! We'll know soon enough.

Yesterday's performance has got the county supporters buzzing so I assume we'll see a good crowd up there shouting on our heroes!
2017 Q-final since we've won in Croke Park which is a record that needs to be quashed.
But as of right now I'd take a draw all day long."
I would take a draw as well. This one is too close to call and will probably be a couple of points either way depending on the bounce of the ball. We won't dominate primary possession the way we did v Mayo but if we can break even with them we will have every chance.

It will be a huge test for Shane Ryan's and in particular his kickouts, and no doubt they will try to smother Clifford. These are the games that will make these young players. Donegal need the win more than we do because they cannot depend on winning in Castlebar but Kerry won't want to break their momentum at the same time. Hopefully it will be a cracker.

GeniusGerry (Kerry) - Posts: 1372 - 15/07/2019 21:18:56    2211614

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Right Mayo's challenge has been conquered. But it doesn't get any easier, next up is a Donegal side many people think are the real deal.

But as of right now I'd take a draw all day long."
I hope J. O'Donoghue is fit and ready for the Donegal game. Will make it impossible to double-team Clifford if he is fully ready. O'D. a joy to watch. O'Brien is also flying.

Gaa Fan (USA) - Posts: 477 - 15/07/2019 21:55:10    2211636

Link