Kerry Forum

All Ireland Championship 2019

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Horsebox77:  "The naivety is shocking me, or maybe I'm just a bad b*stard or stoical in my approach or want to win.

As for Gough. This doesn't actually bother me. It's a bit alarming that the Gaa don't have a ref of high standard in Connacht or Ulster. I have no problem where a ref is from, living, married to or the car he drives once he is fair.

We played a match recently where the ref was a no show, the opposing team had a ref in their backroom team. He offered and I said once you are fair and don't intentionally wrong me, I'm ok with it. Hand on heart he was one of the most even and fair refs I've ever come across.

I think the most pressure is on Gough. The seeds have been sown and I think we may get the majority of 50/50 calls as a result. Being honest I think he is a good ref, and probably one the best available.

All we want is fairness. The two linesmen are key too as are the four umpires. Gough is 'Meath' but his four umpires will these be Meath or Dublin. This is where I have an issue.

But if we play within the rules we have nothing to fear, one cannot blame the ref if he catches you fouling.

And it's done now, move on and get our own house in order"
Excellent ! To use a modern euphuism "what it is ,it is" in other words get on with it Its a brave man who puts the whistle in his mouth . Kerry had major calls in their favour too , John Moloney and the late Páidí ' s unpunished haymaker òn Dinny Allen (75) , Seamus Aldridge and Gerh Power 1978, leading to celebrated goal, same Gerh getting away with a blatant foul on the Tyrone player in 86 again leading to a match changing goal and latterly Listowel man Tadhg Kennelly' s horrible assault on Nicholas Murphy of Cork at the beginning of the 2009 final. In Cork it that final was known as Duffy's circus ! So protests are futile , the man hopefully will have learned from his mistakes in 2016 Play the Kerry way and for me it is a 50/50 game .

37sowhat (Sligo) - Posts: 680 - 14/08/2019 15:13:22    2225641

Link

Any word from up north in ref to holy water

traleegerry (Kerry) - Posts: 404 - 14/08/2019 15:13:22    2225642

Link

Lads any truth in the talk that there is a 'protest' planned for Fitzgerald's Stadium.

I Sincerely Hope Not, as this would be crass and fairly embarrassing, furthermore what do they think it's going to accomplish. I can be as fanatical as the next man but I also know what is appropriate and just plain crass.

Some people need to seriously get a grip

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4082 - 14/08/2019 21:46:38    2225828

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Lads any truth in the talk that there is a 'protest' planned for Fitzgerald's Stadium.

I Sincerely Hope Not, as this would be crass and fairly embarrassing, furthermore what do they think it's going to accomplish. I can be as fanatical as the next man but I also know what is appropriate and just plain crass.

Some people need to seriously get a grip"
Apparently there's something on facebook but yes I agree. Would achieve nothing, would make us look stupid and worse would distract the media more from piling the pressure on Dublin with talk of the drive for 5!

Made my point about Gough on the main page, thought it was fairly obvious that if it was someone else's county in this situation they would be unhappy. Damn sure the Dubs would be giving out stink if the tables were turned.
But as you would expect its proven to be a most unpopular post!
To see 1 or 2 of the well know Dublin gutter snipes over there trying to insinuate that Kerry fans would try and track down where he lived or that hundreds of us were throwing "projectiles" at him at the end of 2016 game is really reprehensible. Same guy of course laughed at Seanie being hospitalised by his blue heroes during the League in 2018.
I'm not going to bother giving those *wits any more oxygen for their spleen on there but yet again it seems the main forum is a place where certain posters can say anything no matter how distasteful.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 4992 - 14/08/2019 22:29:28    2225848

Link

I didn't want to start a new thread for this topic but I'm just wondering who we all think our new U20 manager will be?

I would love to see Declan Sullivan and O'Cineda considered myself.

What ye reckon ?

Themall1916 (Kerry) - Posts: 46 - 16/08/2019 18:20:40    2226533

Link

Replying To Themall1916:  "I didn't want to start a new thread for this topic but I'm just wondering who we all think our new U20 manager will be?

I would love to see Declan Sullivan and O'Cineda considered myself.

What ye reckon ?"
Yep would really like Dec to be involved in some under-age Kerry side.
What about Jimmy Keane, he stepped down after guiding the Juniors to the 5 in a row.

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 4992 - 16/08/2019 18:22:41    2226535

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Yep would really like Dec to be involved in some under-age Kerry side.
What about Jimmy Keane, he stepped down after guiding the Juniors to the 5 in a row."
Ya I wouldn't be upset to see jimmy Keane getting the job, he's proved himself at junior level but should we also consider Stephen Wallace as well?

Declan O'Sullivan would be excellent as well and as mall mentioned Dara O'cinneda Although I couldn't see Dara wanting it, he likes to be in the background but if he was on the ticket with one of the above I'd be more than delighted, he is so knowledgeable about our game.

As outside bets maybe Stephen stack or Eamon fitzmaurice?

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9541 - 16/08/2019 20:07:21    2226563

Link

The beauty about Kerry is there are always options aplenty. Not many saw the appointments of James as minor boss, but he has been on the go a good bit with development squads, but going on that basis Gaa people like Crokes John Galvin, Beauforts Gary McGrath, Lispoles Tomas Hanafin, i keep forgetting his name the Brosna man over the juniors Ger Keane, John Connell from Tarbert, Currow's Liam Brosnan, Senan's Brendan Whelan have to be considered.

Recently retired players like Marc and Dara Cinneide from back west, Sean Bàn from Cromane, Declan Sullivan and of course Seamus is involved with Fossa.

Stephen Stack and don't forget Diarmuid Murphy as a head cannot be ruled out.

If I had my way I think the ideal group as a unit to lead this U20 squad would be. Micheàl Quirke from Strand Road, with Declan, Seàn Bàn and Marc Sê. This trio have it all Club experience with division one teams, history experience with intercounty in Declan's part. The ideal trio to back up the Strand Road man.

So a GDA with serious coaching knowledge, anyone who reads his game analysis in the Examiner will know, I know a Mike well he really knows his ball if he was given a dispensation by the county board, you have players who can coach. Backs, midfielders, forwards also you are taking a good chunk of the county geography wise. West, south mid and north.

If I had my choice that's the men I'd entrust to progress our U20's

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4082 - 16/08/2019 22:45:49    2226631

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Ya I wouldn't be upset to see jimmy Keane getting the job, he's proved himself at junior level but should we also consider Stephen Wallace as well?

Declan O'Sullivan would be excellent as well and as mall mentioned Dara O'cinneda Although I couldn't see Dara wanting it, he likes to be in the background but if he was on the ticket with one of the above I'd be more than delighted, he is so knowledgeable about our game.

As outside bets maybe Stephen stack or Eamon fitzmaurice?"
Not Wallace anyway and if you want to know why just ask anyone in Ardfert!!!!

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 4992 - 16/08/2019 23:08:33    2226641

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Not Wallace anyway and if you want to know why just ask anyone in Ardfert!!!!"
You'll notice his name isn't mentioned above.

His old club mate Pat Driscoll was making a name for himself coaching wise a bit back but disappeared off the gaa radar.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4082 - 17/08/2019 09:23:32    2226679

Link

Yes pat is great gaa man and was very unlucky with the kerry minors. He did a great job with ardfert winning them an ireland. I know he took time out for work reasons and family reasons. But no better or loyal man could you get for the juniors .

traleegerry (Kerry) - Posts: 404 - 22/08/2019 08:36:07    2228422

Link

Replying To traleegerry:  "Yes pat is great gaa man and was very unlucky with the kerry minors. He did a great job with ardfert winning them an ireland. I know he took time out for work reasons and family reasons. But no better or loyal man could you get for the juniors ."
Agree but think his ship has sailed at this stage

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4082 - 22/08/2019 12:07:17    2228485

Link