Kerry Forum

Club Championchips

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Anyone back in Tralee - interested in seeing how my neighbours Feale Rangers got on against Kieran's"
Adam Barry had a great game for Kierans. Padraig Reidy rolled back the years cleaning out Cox.

kerryforsam19 (Kerry) - Posts: 95 - 05/09/2019 16:04:55    2233080

Link

Well hermit, the draw has been made:

Byes: Brosna and Tarbert

Castleisland Desmonds V Listowel Emmets
Knocknagoshel V Ballydonoghue
Ballyduff V Moyvane
Ballylongford V Finuge
St. Senans V Beale
Asdee V Duagh

What people from outside north kerry will not realize and Hermit will back me up here, history and league standing has no bearing what so ever on wha happens when the ball is thrown in on NK Championship day,

Tie of the round is Desmond's and Listowel, Desmond are a team that fascinate me as if they make an effort and want to win NK they can, but most years they don't give a shite and in my opinion actually want to join the O'Donoghue cup.

Anyway for me, Desmond's, my own Ballydonoghue, Ballyduff, Finuge, Senans and Duagh are first round winners for me.

What's the feeling Hermit

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4082 - 06/09/2019 22:47:01    2233391

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Well hermit, the draw has been made:

Ballyduff V Moyvane
Ballylongford V Finuge
St. Senans V Beale
Asdee V Duagh

What people from outside north kerry will not realize and Hermit will back me up here, history and league standing has no bearing what so ever on wha happens when the ball is thrown in on NK Championship day,

Tie of the round is Desmond's and Listowel, Desmond are a team that fascinate me as if they make an effort and want to win NK they can, but most years they don't give a shite and in my opinion actually want to join the O'Donoghue cup.

Anyway for me, Desmond's, my own Ballydonoghue, Ballyduff, Finuge, Senans and Duagh are first round winners for me.

What's the feeling Hermit"
Ah sure NK is so unpredictable you just couldn't make a prediction with any sort of confidence!
Something tells me Senans won't be too bothered this year after making history last winter! But they might have enough against BallyB in first round.
Think Cox might give Emmet's an edge against Desmond's.
Duagh
Ballyduff
Finuge and finally it's time for Knocknagoshel to rise and take it's place among the nation's of the earth, or at least the second round ;)

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 4992 - 07/09/2019 17:29:59    2233451

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "Ah sure NK is so unpredictable you just couldn't make a prediction with any sort of confidence!
Something tells me Senans won't be too bothered this year after making history last winter! But they might have enough against BallyB in first round.
Think Cox might give Emmet's an edge against Desmond's.
Duagh
Ballyduff
Finuge and finally it's time for Knocknagoshel to rise and take it's place among the nation's of the earth, or at least the second round ;)"
Can't see Knocknagoshel coming within an arse's r roar of Ballydonoghue

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4082 - 07/09/2019 18:12:56    2233457

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Can't see Knocknagoshel coming within an arse's r roar of Ballydonoghue"
A pint in the Tatch says they do ;)

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 4992 - 07/09/2019 20:08:44    2233464

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "A pint in the Tatch says they do ;)"
Two pints in Tomàseen's says they won't

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4082 - 07/09/2019 21:12:04    2233479

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Two pints in Tomàseen's says they won't"
If it's a draw, a round in the Half Way!!

TheHermit (Kerry) - Posts: 4992 - 07/09/2019 21:57:04    2233485

Link

Replying To TheHermit:  "A pint in the Tatch says they do ;)"
+1 with Edmund Welsh back in action they won't be far away.

kerryforsam19 (Kerry) - Posts: 95 - 09/09/2019 09:51:04    2233744

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Well hermit, the draw has been made:

Ballyduff V Moyvane
Ballylongford V Finuge
St. Senans V Beale
Asdee V Duagh

What's the feeling Hermit"
I've heard something about that before too. Were Desmond's ever in EK or was it always NK? They are very close to Cordal & Currow who are both in EK I suppose.

fergie (Carlow) - Posts: 1045 - 17/09/2019 14:51:59    2236640

Link

Hermit / horse I've run away from 37 cannot take any more he too clever for me. Any way I will be about tralee for the county champ and am looking forward too it we may even meet up I could talk football with you guys all day long. I will head too Dingle for stacks and Dingle on the sat and strand road and kenmare on Sunday and then we see what happens after that. I think the rockies will give it a right good shout what is yere take on it

traleegerry (Kerry) - Posts: 404 - 17/09/2019 17:26:38    2236718

Link

Replying To traleegerry:  "Hermit / horse I've run away from 37 cannot take any more he too clever for me. Any way I will be about tralee for the county champ and am looking forward too it we may even meet up I could talk football with you guys all day long. I will head too Dingle for stacks and Dingle on the sat and strand road and kenmare on Sunday and then we see what happens after that. I think the rockies will give it a right good shout what is yere take on it"
East Kerry impressed me last year but minus the Kilcummin lads they will struggle, there are a few sleeping giants, I've always felt St. Brendan's with the right back room team minus the club politics are a match for anyone. They did win the U21 few years back, back boned by Mitchels, Pats, Na Gaeil and Ardfert they could go along way, for me Kenmare district are very wrong on paper. If they get a god run the Narries could be a force, good centre field in Moran and forwards like Tommy but I'd love to see Gavin O'Brien push on. Crokes will be there or there abouts as will stack's but the likes of Stacks, Narries they all missing that jigsaw piece.

Dingle have to be rally considered as options. But for me I think Kenmare May bridge the gap, what was it 1987 or 88 when they won, no 88 was Kieran's wasn't it.

Will try take in the double header in Tralee if I can.

Who do ye fancy?

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4082 - 17/09/2019 20:29:59    2236812

Link

Never realized Kenmare split - so that's my initial theory out, but often a divisional team bolter could prevail

My hope is just players may put their hand up. You know of players being touted. A good few are from Mid Kerry.

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4082 - 17/09/2019 20:36:19    2236819

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "Never realized Kenmare split - so that's my initial theory out, but often a divisional team bolter could prevail

My hope is just players may put their hand up. You know of players being touted. A good few are from Mid Kerry."
Well horse PK showed last year that if a player has a good county championship he'll be given a shot, the county panel is open so it up to everyone to play their best and drive it like they stole it.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9541 - 17/09/2019 20:51:08    2236828

Link

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "Well horse PK showed last year that if a player has a good county championship he'll be given a shot, the county panel is open so it up to everyone to play their best and drive it like they stole it."
I want to see players like Gavin O'Brien and Graham Sullivan as well as Diarmuid O'Connor push on.

For me it's always about progress,

Horsebox77 (Kerry) - Posts: 4082 - 17/09/2019 21:20:31    2236850

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "I want to see players like Gavin O'Brien and Graham Sullivan as well as Diarmuid O'Connor push on.

For me it's always about progress,"
Same as that horse, we need these lads to grow up and mature fast.

KingdomBoy1 (Kerry) - Posts: 9541 - 18/09/2019 13:14:16    2237097

Link

Replying To Horsebox77:  "East Kerry impressed me last year but minus the Kilcummin lads they will struggle, there are a few sleeping giants, I've always felt St. Brendan's with the right back room team minus the club politics are a match for anyone. They did win the U21 few years back, back boned by Mitchels, Pats, Na Gaeil and Ardfert they could go along way, for me Kenmare district are very wrong on paper. If they get a god run the Narries could be a force, good centre field in Moran and forwards like Tommy but I'd love to see Gavin O'Brien push on. Crokes will be there or there abouts as will stack's but the likes of Stacks, Narries they all missing that jigsaw piece.

Dingle have to be rally considered as options. But for me I think Kenmare May bridge the gap, what was it 1987 or 88 when they won, no 88 was Kieran's wasn't it.

Will try take in the double header in Tralee if I can.

Who do ye fancy?"
Tralee all the day!

goodaulddays (Tyrone) - Posts: 2 - 18/09/2019 13:54:49    2237119

Link