Kildare Forum

Where Do We Go From Here?

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

I was hoping that Glenn Ryan would have got this position. A man of passion for his own county. And he knows a bit about the game as well. So would have been worth the chance and being only down the road from Newbridge would have saved the CB a few bob and might even result in savings towards the redevelopment of Newbridge.

MillerX (Meath) - Posts: 672 - 15/08/2019 10:58:26    2225946

Link

Replying To MillerX:  "I was hoping that Glenn Ryan would have got this position. A man of passion for his own county. And he knows a bit about the game as well. So would have been worth the chance and being only down the road from Newbridge would have saved the CB a few bob and might even result in savings towards the redevelopment of Newbridge."
Not even sure if Glen was interested. There'll be very, very few in Kildare that aren't happy with Jack. Credit to County Board.

St.Conleth (Kildare) - Posts: 1613 - 16/08/2019 08:53:48    2226252

Link

Confirmed with Glavin & Cribbin as part of the team. Great news. Roll on 2020.

KildareKelly (Kildare) - Posts: 592 - 03/09/2019 22:21:25    2232579

Link

Jaysus lads what are we like, bring back geezer.

lilypad (Kildare) - Posts: 1142 - 23/02/2020 17:12:45    2269337

Link

Heading for division 3 and then 4. Wicklow in division 4 so that would be a worry for us. We'd be grand against the rest. I think.??

ruff1106 (Kildare) - Posts: 175 - 23/02/2020 19:31:02    2269400

Link

I don't know what kind of training Jack is doing with the lads but what we've seen so far is woeful. 4 home games and a trip to portlaoise which is barely an away game for us, and we are blowing it as only we can if a division where we couldn't have picked the games to fall any better. Div 3 and Tier 2 beckons if we don't pull our finger out.

kildare73 (Kildare) - Posts: 838 - 24/02/2020 01:41:50    2269554

Link

Very disappointing performances over the last few weeks.
Massive match in Portlaoise now next week.
It's two from three to be relegated by the looks of it (Clare, Fermanagh and us).

Dr.Watson (Kildare) - Posts: 203 - 24/02/2020 15:25:04    2269777

Link

It's no harm that there is the realisation starting to kick in that Kildare dont have a whole lot to work with, even with no injuries and all the best players committed. I dont think it's a case of "oh management are getting it wrong and we are underachieving". I think that we just dont have top class talent in the county and haven't had for a very long time now.

Its disappointing that no u20s from 2018 are looking like they'll make the cut which really shows how weak a championship it was. They won it because the Kerry management didnt figure that Hyland was the only threat. Its a little concerning that that management is now our senior management. There is the possibility that the game has moved on too much for OConnor since he was last in management. He also doesnt have Gooch, Donaghy and the OSés this time.

Hopefully I'm wrong and theres a big bounce back when OConnors winning mentality starts to sink in. If not it's another year wasted before we are going back to Davy Burke with cap in hand next October.

Daith (Kildare) - Posts: 1101 - 24/02/2020 16:58:36    2269810

Link

Replying To Daith:  "It's no harm that there is the realisation starting to kick in that Kildare dont have a whole lot to work with, even with no injuries and all the best players committed. I dont think it's a case of "oh management are getting it wrong and we are underachieving". I think that we just dont have top class talent in the county and haven't had for a very long time now.

Its disappointing that no u20s from 2018 are looking like they'll make the cut which really shows how weak a championship it was. They won it because the Kerry management didnt figure that Hyland was the only threat. Its a little concerning that that management is now our senior management. There is the possibility that the game has moved on too much for OConnor since he was last in management. He also doesnt have Gooch, Donaghy and the OSés this time.

Hopefully I'm wrong and theres a big bounce back when OConnors winning mentality starts to sink in. If not it's another year wasted before we are going back to Davy Burke with cap in hand next October."
"even with no injuries and all the best players committed"
Eh Fergal Conway & Ben McCormack (to name two!!)

MupKildare (Kildare) - Posts: 1 - 24/02/2020 20:20:37    2269869

Link

Replying To MupKildare:  ""even with no injuries and all the best players committed"
Eh Fergal Conway & Ben McCormack (to name two!!)"
These players have no fight in them when teams put opponents put pressure on in games. look at Clare and Roscommon

Few of older players have gone backwards

Cloon12 (Kildare) - Posts: 26 - 25/02/2020 14:58:46    2270082

Link

Happy to see Hyland in half back line and Moolick's return to midfield.
Despite all the negativity around performance to date I actually saw a marked improvement against Roscommon. Niall Kelly and Brophy are also improving each game. In fairness they battled hard and work rate was best so far. I'm confident they'll up it again for this game and get the much needed win.

St.Conleth (Kildare) - Posts: 1613 - 29/02/2020 13:00:24    2270827

Link

Good performance and great win. There was a lot of pressure on the lads comi g into that game and in fairness they worked their socks off to get the result. Hopefully Jack and co. will have a little more faith in Tommy Moolick going forward, grafted throughout as usual and got his usual point as well. Looking forward to Cavan match and another step up in performance.

St.Conleth (Kildare) - Posts: 1613 - 01/03/2020 17:19:30    2271207

Link