Monaghan Forum

Club Football 2019

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Ballybay v Carrick
Ballybay to win i feel its there Year ..Ill have a few beers up in Ballybay on County Final Day !!!

Truagh v Latton
Truagh to win even though they have an injury crisis by all reports

Magheracloone v Emyvale
Tough one to call Emyvale if they can score 2 or more goals

Donaghmoyne v Corduff
Corduff to take Donaghmoyne as there Club Notes said they put there lives on the line in the last game ..

fonzy (Monaghan) - Posts: 63 - 26/09/2019 15:44:49    2239415

Link

Replying To monaghanman99:  "Predictions for this weekends championship matches??

Ballybay v Carrick
Truagh v Latton
Magheracloone v Emyvale
Donaghmoyne v Corduff"
Ballybay v Carrick - ballybay by 3-4 points
Truagh v Latton - goin for a draw here on full time and latton to win in extra time
Magheracloone v Emyvale - Magheracloone to win by 1-3 points
Donaghmoyne v Corduff - Corduff by 1-2 points a draw wouldn't surprise me

farneygael (Monaghan) - Posts: 155 - 26/09/2019 15:58:22    2239417

Link

Replying To monaghanman99:  "Predictions for this weekends championship matches??

Ballybay v Carrick
Truagh v Latton
Magheracloone v Emyvale
Donaghmoyne v Corduff"
Carrick by 2
Latton by 5
Magheracloone by 8
Donaghmoyne by 6.

seamusorinn (USA) - Posts: 84 - 28/09/2019 10:34:30    2239798

Link

Junior - Drumhowan v Blackhill

Senior semi finals - Latton v Clontibret
Scotstown v Ballybay

Intermediate - Magheracloone v Corduff/Donaghmoyne

Some interesting ties coming up what's everyone's verdict on who's taking home silverware this season

monaghanman99 (Monaghan) - Posts: 26 - 30/09/2019 13:26:29    2240291

Link

Down to the last 4 in Intermediate and Senior. Whos do you fancy to come out on top now?

Blackhill be my favourites for Junior but Drumhowan will not make it easy for them and could pip them if they get half a chance.

With Maghercloone already in the Intermediate final waiting on the winners of Donaghmoyne and Corduff you would have to say Maghercloone will be the favourites no matter who makes the final. I can see Corduff giving Donaghmoyne a good game and maybe clinch it but Maghercloone to win it out as they have experience of county senior finals and plenty of experienced heads,

In senior it should be two very competitive semi finals. Ballybay must have a big game still in them and should find it easy to motivate themselves against Scotstown. Fancy this one being close and maybe needing a replay to separate them. Clontibret and Latton will also be tight as there is never much between these two teams and Latton have been on a good run. Clontibret like Scotstown have had a good rest so Clontibret should have the legs on Latton and this could be what swings it in their favour. Young Mulligan will take plenty of watching though but fancy Clontibret by 3 or 4 points.

Looking forward to seeing out the three Championships with it all to be played for yet.

countymonaghan (Monaghan) - Posts: 158 - 30/09/2019 18:35:47    2240424

Link

anyone know what happened in the oram V Blackhill match last sunday, why was it abandoned?

mick2007 (Monaghan) - Posts: 222 - 01/10/2019 11:03:04    2240558

Link

I heard the referee felt threatened

Monaghanmad99 (Monaghan) - Posts: 18 - 01/10/2019 16:37:43    2240698

Link

Replying To Monaghanmad99:  "I heard the referee felt threatened"
God that wouldn't be like oram!!!

mick2007 (Monaghan) - Posts: 222 - 01/10/2019 20:15:45    2240750

Link

Yea i heard he got an awful abuse on and off the field and had a few waiting for him as he tried to leave the car park!!

CTC6 (Monaghan) - Posts: 9 - 01/10/2019 22:30:24    2240795

Link

Replying To monaghanman99:  "Junior - Drumhowan v Blackhill

Scotstown v Ballybay

Some interesting ties coming up what's everyone's verdict on who's taking home silverware this season"
Junior final will be a tight hard won game but id back Blackhill. There experience in finals and intermediate football will stand to them.
Senior semis will be good the Scotstown game could well be the best game of the championship if the weather allows it to be. I reckon Ballybay will clinch it and will face Clontibret in the final.
Intermediate is an all local affair and the Donaghmoyne vs Corduff game will be a though one to call but can see corduff just about shading it and even if they dont its hard to see Magheracloone not winning it although it will be thigh as most local derby's are.

farneygael (Monaghan) - Posts: 155 - 02/10/2019 12:47:28    2240913

Link

Replying To CTC6:  "Yea i heard he got an awful abuse on and off the field and had a few waiting for him as he tried to leave the car park!!"
what sad people wait for a ref after a game. no wonder the GAA is look upon as a out dated. This is embarrassing
and very sad to see.

patmouse (Monaghan) - Posts: 15 - 02/10/2019 16:12:52    2240972

Link

Replying To monaghanman99:  "Junior - Drumhowan v Blackhill

Scotstown v Ballybay

Some interesting ties coming up what's everyone's verdict on who's taking home silverware this season"
Got to fancy drumhowan given they beat clones in a knock out game and I know blackhill beat clones too but it wasnt knock out.
Have to fancy donaghmoyne with the experience of winning an intermediate a few years back.
Ballybay to win as I think scotstown have run their race and clontibret to beat them in a final.

Monaghanmad99 (Monaghan) - Posts: 18 - 02/10/2019 20:26:22    2241033

Link

Replying To patmouse:  "what sad people wait for a ref after a game. no wonder the GAA is look upon as a out dated. This is embarrassing
and very sad to see."
I know exactly who the culprit is. Any time I go to watch my club against Oram, I know once I get to The Four Country Roads I see Smoke Along The Track on the way to the Back to Castleblayney. When our boys are playing Oram and I hear that voice, all I can think is I'm definitely Going Out The Same Way I came In.

Monaghansclown (Monaghan) - Posts: 90 - 03/10/2019 15:50:29    2241180

Link

Anyone at the game in Clontibret today? Looks like ballybay threw it away seeing as they were 7 pts up.

patk (Monaghan) - Posts: 831 - 05/10/2019 18:43:27    2241509

Link

Replying To patk:  "Anyone at the game in Clontibret today? Looks like ballybay threw it away seeing as they were 7 pts up."
There was a strong breeze to Ballybay's advantage in first half and as Ballybay came back twice near the end after going behind its hard to say they threw it away and they will probably be happy enough. Scotstown were always going to come at them with the wind in the second half. Also in all the confusion looked like Ciaran Hughes was sent off so won't be there for the replay.

Honours even I would say overall.Great game in horrible conditions. Ref did right thing in not playing extra time , pitch was badly soaked all over by then , players couldn't bounce the ball!

Paul Finlay was immense for Ballybay and Drew Wylie was an excellent sweeper. Conor McCarthy and Shane Carey were very sharp in second half for Scotstown.

Vofster (Monaghan) - Posts: 4 - 05/10/2019 20:26:01    2241531

Link

Don't think Ballybay threw it away. Scotstown aren't going for 5 in a row for nothing. They responded superbly in second half. But Ballybay showed great resilience to equalise twice in latter stages. Game was a total farce in last 15 minutes, conditions were deplorable and ref had lost all control. To give him his due, it was the right call not to play extra time. And while I'm giving out credit, here's none to the county board for charging €12 in today and no doubt another €12 tomorrow. Price gouging of the highest order. Hopefully the replay will be €5 in.

FootblockREF (Monaghan) - Posts: 405 - 05/10/2019 22:21:10    2241543

Link

Ah right, makes sense it being a game of 2 halves so. Hughes will be a big loss for the replay.

I imagine Clontibret will be waiting in the final, no doubt happy enough to be getting a bit extra preparation time.

patk (Monaghan) - Posts: 831 - 05/10/2019 22:52:48    2241545

Link

Replying To patk:  "Ah right, makes sense it being a game of 2 halves so. Hughes will be a big loss for the replay.

I imagine Clontibret will be waiting in the final, no doubt happy enough to be getting a bit extra preparation time."
Hughes won't be a miss he got a black card. Mcardle got red very late on which is where's the confusion is I think.

Should have been abandoned half easy into second half imo as it was very dangerous for players could very easily have been serious injury for ant of them.
Great entertainment in the circumstances and great credit to both teams for the excitement given the horrendous conditions!! All to play for still....

ginelli (Monaghan) - Posts: 42 - 06/10/2019 11:02:19    2241577

Link

Ballybay definitely the most impressive team this weekend, still couldn't get the job done though. Chris McGuinness would definitely add something to the county team, hopefully Banty gets in contact. It has happened all too regular that Ballybay have had Scotstown on the brink of defeat, but somehow always manage to throw it away, credit to Scotstown, they never quit.
Worrying for Clontibret that they only beat a poor Latton team by 2 points, although they were leading by 8 or 9 points before a (very questionable) sending off. McManus is clearly not right and Vinny Corey was only fit to play the last 5 minutes. If they get everyone fit they'll go very close in the final.

HB245 (Monaghan) - Posts: 73 - 07/10/2019 00:05:07    2241691

Link

Replying To FootblockREF:  "Don't think Ballybay threw it away. Scotstown aren't going for 5 in a row for nothing. They responded superbly in second half. But Ballybay showed great resilience to equalise twice in latter stages. Game was a total farce in last 15 minutes, conditions were deplorable and ref had lost all control. To give him his due, it was the right call not to play extra time. And while I'm giving out credit, here's none to the county board for charging €12 in today and no doubt another €12 tomorrow. Price gouging of the highest order. Hopefully the replay will be €5 in."
Stay at home then.

seamusorinn (USA) - Posts: 84 - 07/10/2019 01:19:13    2241694

Link