Dublin Forum

The Drive For Five!

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Good response last night after last week's game. Costello, Mannion, Rock looking sharp. Some more experience for other young lads too which was good. Hopefully Costello can stay injury free and get a run of games in the spring and keep up the form into the summer as I think he will be in the starting 6 forwards. Howard, Kilkenny, Costello, Mannion, Rock, Con. Not bad forward line, eh? Not even taking into account Scully, Maccer, Flynn, Bernard, Mc Hugh, O'Gara, Basquel etc.

Dubsfan28 (Dublin) - Posts: 2019 - 03/02/2019 12:13:42    2161925

Link

Replying To Dubsfan28:  "Good response last night after last week's game. Costello, Mannion, Rock looking sharp. Some more experience for other young lads too which was good. Hopefully Costello can stay injury free and get a run of games in the spring and keep up the form into the summer as I think he will be in the starting 6 forwards. Howard, Kilkenny, Costello, Mannion, Rock, Con. Not bad forward line, eh? Not even taking into account Scully, Maccer, Flynn, Bernard, Mc Hugh, O'Gara, Basquel etc."
Connolly ;)

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13132 - 03/02/2019 13:29:24    2161957

Link

Think we're going to seriously benefit from not being involved on ST Patrick's day , while I love club activity this year we don't need distractions with history awaiting, think Con will be electric this year

Damothedub (Dublin) - Posts: 5175 - 11/02/2019 18:39:32    2164644

Link

Hopefully it'll be a decent evening v Mayo CC really needs to be performing to try and get into front 6. On last Saturday's game I was impressed with Kerry 1st half although they were fitter and sharper than Dublin. They stuck on Tommy Walsh and stayed in their own half for last 15 mins. They're is no way they'll beat Dublin in the summertime playing that way, but in a year or two if they progress they'll be serious opponents.

theduke66 (Dublin) - Posts: 292 - 11/02/2019 20:07:22    2164664

Link

Replying To Damothedub:  "Think we're going to seriously benefit from not being involved on ST Patrick's day , while I love club activity this year we don't need distractions with history awaiting, think Con will be electric this year"
Absolutely chief

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 18962 - 12/02/2019 12:01:47    2164797

Link

We can't ask for much more

Dubs so so start has already dampened the 5 in a row constant chatter and focus is being put on Mayo and Kerry

We've remained competitive while blooding new players, resting and slowly introducing others yet have still shown enough to suggest that once again Gavin's handling of the team at this time of year is spot on

Imagine if we had of won 3 from 3.. the hype would be massive

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 18962 - 14/02/2019 13:10:42    2165309

Link

Replying To jimbodub:  "We can't ask for much more

Dubs so so start has already dampened the 5 in a row constant chatter and focus is being put on Mayo and Kerry

We've remained competitive while blooding new players, resting and slowly introducing others yet have still shown enough to suggest that once again Gavin's handling of the team at this time of year is spot on

Imagine if we had of won 3 from 3.. the hype would be massive"
He is looking very chipper and unconcerned with the patchy form.

One week it's Monaghan to win the All Ireland, then Mayo, now Kerry. All the time the lense isn't on Dublin and hype building elsewhere. I'm not bothered about the league to be honest, i just want the panel brought on and some players being blooded, while the war horses get a break, all that seems to be happening. If we pick up a find throughout the league all well and good, we must have given four or five debuts already.

If we saunter through the league in second gear, be a quiet April, May media wise, everyone will expect us to walk Leinster anyway so no hype there, fine tuning then on to the S8s, fine tuning the machine, I'd expect we will run into noise then.

TheUsername (Dublin) - Posts: 2095 - 14/02/2019 19:25:40    2165392

Link

Replying To TheUsername:  "He is looking very chipper and unconcerned with the patchy form.

One week it's Monaghan to win the All Ireland, then Mayo, now Kerry. All the time the lense isn't on Dublin and hype building elsewhere. I'm not bothered about the league to be honest, i just want the panel brought on and some players being blooded, while the war horses get a break, all that seems to be happening. If we pick up a find throughout the league all well and good, we must have given four or five debuts already.

If we saunter through the league in second gear, be a quiet April, May media wise, everyone will expect us to walk Leinster anyway so no hype there, fine tuning then on to the S8s, fine tuning the machine, I'd expect we will run into noise then."
yep, keep the hype for others. Dublin are learning lessons and slowly building for a the championship, staying up is important and apart from that, who cares! Gavin has a winning approach and he is trying to unearth new talent to keep it competitive and we will get there slowly but surely.

FOB (Dublin) - Posts: 873 - 15/02/2019 12:25:11    2165472

Link