USA Forum

New York V Mayo 2019

(Oldest Posts First)

Is Gaelic Park Capacity reduced due to renovations? John Prenty was in the media recently telling Mayo fans to go for the Craic and not the match!

4,500 capacity is the quoted figure but at least that have already booked to go over from Mayo. I remember last time we played NY, there was serious crowds and it was a struggle to move around in places.

Anyone in the know have any info? Get their early I assume would be the best advice.

yew_tree (Mayo) - Posts: 9529 - 25/10/2018 22:37:58    2148338

Link

Replying To yew_tree:  "Is Gaelic Park Capacity reduced due to renovations? John Prenty was in the media recently telling Mayo fans to go for the Craic and not the match!

4,500 capacity is the quoted figure but at least that have already booked to go over from Mayo. I remember last time we played NY, there was serious crowds and it was a struggle to move around in places.

Anyone in the know have any info? Get their early I assume would be the best advice."
yeah if you leave tomorrow morning you should get a good spot alright ;)

NYCcavanman (USA) - Posts: 202 - 30/10/2018 13:08:40    2148716

Link

Replying To yew_tree:  "Is Gaelic Park Capacity reduced due to renovations? John Prenty was in the media recently telling Mayo fans to go for the Craic and not the match!

Anyone in the know have any info? Get their early I assume would be the best advice."
Large crowd next year could be a major problem with Bar closed down at the moment and new building most certainly will not be ready. Can see anymore than 3,000 be allowed on premises.
Might be temporary Bar erected but who knows. I imagine NY board will be making announcement soon on construction and game.

Crossgaa (Mayo) - Posts: 529 - 18/11/2018 01:49:35    2151435

Link