Dublin Forum

Connolly Back Next Year?

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To clondalkindub:  "I want you to tell me everything, are the players happy he's back ? Was he ever going to Boston? What's your personal thoughts ? Come on"
LOL ….

superbluedub (Dublin) - Posts: 1825 - 17/07/2019 22:23:32    2212571

Link

Replying To Jackeen:  "Haha what do you want me to say Clon?"
Tell CD feck all Jackeen, all mouths in that part of the city :D

realdub (Dublin) - Posts: 7676 - 18/07/2019 03:52:14    2212615

Link

Replying To realdub:  "Tell CD feck all Jackeen, all mouths in that part of the city :D"
Hahaha, why does she keep ignoring me? When she thought he wouldn't be back she let us know but now he's back nothing.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 18/07/2019 15:44:47    2212814

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "Hahaha, why does she keep ignoring me? When she thought he wouldn't be back she let us know but now he's back nothing."
Soz Clon have a few mouths to feed today so not been on much ye mad thing. I dont know is the short answer. Or do I? ;) Himself is happy though.

Jackeen (Dublin) - Posts: 3787 - 18/07/2019 19:32:34    2212882

Link

Replying To Jackeen:  "Soz Clon have a few mouths to feed today so not been on much ye mad thing. I dont know is the short answer. Or do I? ;) Himself is happy though."
Does himself know you are on here fighting the good fight?

jimbodub (Dublin) - Posts: 19561 - 18/07/2019 21:03:03    2212926

Link

Jesus no!!!!!

Jackeen (Dublin) - Posts: 3787 - 19/07/2019 13:11:48    2213146

Link

Replying To Jackeen:  "Jesus no!!!!!"
Haha jesus. In fairness if he didn't intimidate me so much, id tell him myself J. hahaha

waynoI (Dublin) - Posts: 13493 - 19/07/2019 13:51:47    2213163

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "For me we beat Roscommon Connolly gets game time in Omagh for the dead rubber."
I doubt very much that Omagh is where he will make his return maybe this weekend against Roscommon where he will get a different kind of reception than what he would have to put up with in Omagh.

dubarra (Wicklow) - Posts: 402 - 19/07/2019 22:21:40    2213333

Link

Worth a read. His legendary status grows by the week....

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2019/0806/1067286-folk-hero-dermo-the-modern-answer-to-keaveney/

Joxer (Dublin) - Posts: 3934 - 07/08/2019 11:13:11    2222103

Link

Replying To Joxer:  "Worth a read. His legendary status grows by the week....

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2019/0806/1067286-folk-hero-dermo-the-modern-answer-to-keaveney/"
Great read. Have to say it was so great seeing him strutting his stuff in Omagh at the weekend. I was scratching my head after listening to Bernard Flynn and Oisin McConville's assessment of his performance on the way home mind you. Saying he won't be in the 26 the next day is just laughable and I fully expect him to feature at some stage off the bench. Seeing him doing something special in Croke Park again after 2 years away would be magical!

TrueBlue35 (Dublin) - Posts: 147 - 07/08/2019 14:32:27    2222198

Link

Replying To TrueBlue35:  "Great read. Have to say it was so great seeing him strutting his stuff in Omagh at the weekend. I was scratching my head after listening to Bernard Flynn and Oisin McConville's assessment of his performance on the way home mind you. Saying he won't be in the 26 the next day is just laughable and I fully expect him to feature at some stage off the bench. Seeing him doing something special in Croke Park again after 2 years away would be magical!"
I'm the same I thought he was class , for me he was by far the best player on the pitch.

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 07/08/2019 16:20:50    2222258

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "I'm the same I thought he was class , for me he was by far the best player on the pitch."
He was going for the blockbuster passes all of the time though. Some came off, some didn't but he can be forgiven for that given lack of game time and the challenge match pace. He fielded a great ball in the first half, sprayed some nice passes, scored a point, setup a couple and got a black card. All in a days work. What a sight it is though to see Dermo prowling around the pitch, like a well tuned muscle car. Good option off the bench on Sat especially with Kilkenny keeping Keegan occupied.

Joxer (Dublin) - Posts: 3934 - 07/08/2019 18:08:57    2222309

Link

Replying To Joxer:  "He was going for the blockbuster passes all of the time though. Some came off, some didn't but he can be forgiven for that given lack of game time and the challenge match pace. He fielded a great ball in the first half, sprayed some nice passes, scored a point, setup a couple and got a black card. All in a days work. What a sight it is though to see Dermo prowling around the pitch, like a well tuned muscle car. Good option off the bench on Sat especially with Kilkenny keeping Keegan occupied."
I take it when Keegan marks Kilkenny Kilkenny brings him into the full forward line right ?

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9926 - 07/08/2019 20:21:53    2222391

Link

Replying To TrueBlue35:  "Great read. Have to say it was so great seeing him strutting his stuff in Omagh at the weekend. I was scratching my head after listening to Bernard Flynn and Oisin McConville's assessment of his performance on the way home mind you. Saying he won't be in the 26 the next day is just laughable and I fully expect him to feature at some stage off the bench. Seeing him doing something special in Croke Park again after 2 years away would be magical!"
Wouldn't pay much attention to either of those lads to be honest. Neither are much of an analyst.

Dubh_linn (Dublin) - Posts: 2059 - 07/08/2019 20:55:51    2222426

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "I take it when Keegan marks Kilkenny Kilkenny brings him into the full forward line right ?"
I bleedin hope so. Keegan marked Ciaran out of the game last time we met but on the flip side Ciaran kept Keegan in check whereas DC has struggled to keep him quiet. My thinking though is that Scully and Howard's best work is done out the field and if Ciaran is occupied with Keegan then the HFs won't carry enough threat. In years gone by we knew that with Flynner and DC there we could do damage from distance. That's not Howard or Scully's strong point. If Kilkenny is neutralised, he makes us tick, do we have enough firepower in that starting 15 to do enough damage?

Joxer (Dublin) - Posts: 3934 - 07/08/2019 21:12:42    2222444

Link

Replying To Joxer:  "I bleedin hope so. Keegan marked Ciaran out of the game last time we met but on the flip side Ciaran kept Keegan in check whereas DC has struggled to keep him quiet. My thinking though is that Scully and Howard's best work is done out the field and if Ciaran is occupied with Keegan then the HFs won't carry enough threat. In years gone by we knew that with Flynner and DC there we could do damage from distance. That's not Howard or Scully's strong point. If Kilkenny is neutralised, he makes us tick, do we have enough firepower in that starting 15 to do enough damage?"
To be honest I think I would sacrifice Kilkenny if it meant Keegan was also nullified. I think we have more than enough up front to do damage and then throw in Fenton and Jack as scoring threats also. All the talk is about who will pick up Kilkenny and McCaffrey butwhen you look around at the likes of Con, Mannion, Rock,Howard, Scully... we have no end of potential match winners. The key man for me is Con, I have a feeling he is just waiting to erupt and could bag a goal or two on Saturday.

TrueBlue35 (Dublin) - Posts: 147 - 08/08/2019 10:55:27    2222611

Link