Mayo Forum

Mayo Ladies Walkout

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To GreenandRed:  "Do you know what happened? What were the player welfare issues. Ridiculous decision trying to ban Carnacon. Players are more than entitled to protest if they're not happy with things."
Protesting at not getting preferential treatment is not a valid complaint. A manager makes the decisions. When these are not adhered to there is an issue. If Carnacon withdrew there players over player welfare what are these issues and how come they only effected these players

Kingofthehill100 (Mayo) - Posts: 62 - 23/08/2018 14:08:37    2135946

Link

Replying To Kingofthehill100:  "Protesting at not getting preferential treatment is not a valid complaint. A manager makes the decisions. When these are not adhered to there is an issue. If Carnacon withdrew there players over player welfare what are these issues and how come they only effected these players"
I don't know. That's why I asked you. How do we know that players asked for preferential treatment?

GreenandRed (Mayo) - Posts: 5415 - 23/08/2018 14:51:44    2135969

Link

Replying To Kingofthehill100:  "Protesting at not getting preferential treatment is not a valid complaint. A manager makes the decisions. When these are not adhered to there is an issue. If Carnacon withdrew there players over player welfare what are these issues and how come they only effected these players"
Talking about "egos" and "preferential treatment" ??? Honestly stop giving your opinion when you clearly have no idea what went on. You do realise it wasn't all Carnacon players that walked?

And the Carnacon board did not withdraw the players! The players walked themselves and Carnacon then backed the players' decisions to do so as there clearly was something wrong.

number_1 (Mayo) - Posts: 58 - 23/08/2018 16:50:03    2136035

Link

Replying To number_1:  "Talking about "egos" and "preferential treatment" ??? Honestly stop giving your opinion when you clearly have no idea what went on. You do realise it wasn't all Carnacon players that walked?

And the Carnacon board did not withdraw the players! The players walked themselves and Carnacon then backed the players' decisions to do so as there clearly was something wrong."
You clearly have some knowledge so on this travesty of player welfare that only effected a few players? I will give my opinion when I like thanks. That's what an opinion is in its very essence. Also when this comes out I look forward to quoting your message

Kingofthehill100 (Mayo) - Posts: 62 - 23/08/2018 17:06:15    2136044

Link

Replying To Kingofthehill100:  "You clearly have some knowledge so on this travesty of player welfare that only effected a few players? I will give my opinion when I like thanks. That's what an opinion is in its very essence. Also when this comes out I look forward to quoting your message"
When this comes out I'll be surprised if you come back onto the forum...

number_1 (Mayo) - Posts: 58 - 23/08/2018 17:53:25    2136059

Link

Replying To number_1:  "Talking about "egos" and "preferential treatment" ??? Honestly stop giving your opinion when you clearly have no idea what went on. You do realise it wasn't all Carnacon players that walked?

And the Carnacon board did not withdraw the players! The players walked themselves and Carnacon then backed the players' decisions to do so as there clearly was something wrong."
Two non-Carnacon players left the panel but apparently cited "personal reasons" as opposed to player welfare issues upon their departure.

keeper7 (Longford) - Posts: 3767 - 24/08/2018 02:45:22    2136154

Link

Replying To number_1:  "When this comes out I'll be surprised if you come back onto the forum..."
@Number_1 you sound as though you have inside knowledge of this affair but unwilling to share. Others are sharing their opinions which you knock back. Either share what you know or stay quiet but you can't have it both ways.

Risteard (Kerry) - Posts: 6 - 24/08/2018 13:18:50    2136263

Link

Surely players can refuse to play over what ever reason, even if it is a ridiculous reason, without a club being suspended??

I have no knowledge of any detail whatsoever but i would assume the county board will have to outline how they brought the game into disrepute. The only possible thing I can think of is making accusations without giving detail hence allowing for all sorts of rumour.

Either way it's ridiculous

Mayonman (Galway) - Posts: 966 - 25/08/2018 19:54:01    2136548

Link

Replying To Mayonman:  "Surely players can refuse to play over what ever reason, even if it is a ridiculous reason, without a club being suspended??

I have no knowledge of any detail whatsoever but i would assume the county board will have to outline how they brought the game into disrepute. The only possible thing I can think of is making accusations without giving detail hence allowing for all sorts of rumour.

Either way it's ridiculous"
And I forgot to say the rest of Mayo ladies, CLUB AND COUNTY players should formally go on strike in support of the ridiculous treatment of their colleagues. Even if they disagree with why the left originally. They should refuse to play nnect round of club games.

Time to make a stand.

Mayonman (Galway) - Posts: 966 - 25/08/2018 20:18:03    2136558

Link

Was it not the other clubs that voted to have them thrown out?

tommy132 (Mayo) - Posts: 327 - 25/08/2018 21:18:49    2136570

Link

Replying To tommy132:  "Was it not the other clubs that voted to have them thrown out?"
It was but i would assume the players didn't have a say in it. Club delegates no doubt. Very heavy handed stuff.

Mayonman (Galway) - Posts: 966 - 29/08/2018 12:00:23    2137360

Link

Replying To Mayonman:  "Surely players can refuse to play over what ever reason, even if it is a ridiculous reason, without a club being suspended??

Either way it's ridiculous"
You've answered your own question: you are demanding the county board answer to allegations that aren't even detailed. The county board didn't start this, the players that dropped out did, and its on them to clearly demonstrate their grievance, or admit there is none. They allowed the rumor mill to get going over their vague allegations of 'player welfare' which in this day and age is a dog whistle for any number of nasty things. They sullied everyone involved with this accusation, which is almost tantamount to slander through insinuation. Now it turns out, based on what the remaining team has said, that these allegations aren't even true. If that isn't bringing the game into disrepute, I don't know what is.

festinog (Galway) - Posts: 2711 - 04/09/2018 20:29:37    2139248

Link

Aw have a day off will ya? That comment just shows to me that you haven't got a clue what is going on and why exactly the girls left! Just wait for the truth to come out
number_1 (Mayo) - Posts: 57 - 22/08/2018 20:29:51

Well number_1, the truth appears to be out now or is the players statement false? Tell us what you know

richardcrowe (Mayo) - Posts: 51 - 05/09/2018 09:17:22    2139335

Link

time for the board to step down, the threw them out it was over ruled the have no basis to appeal the should stand down, the could even do it together with the main county board the one press conference would cover all

cousinjohnjoe (Cavan) - Posts: 30 - 05/09/2018 14:02:11    2139473

Link

Those who walked out haven't outlined the player welfare issues because they are probably still trying to make them up.

Well done to the remainder of the panel and let's hope that those who are in charge next year remember the selfishness of those who left.

890202 (Wexford) - Posts: 1081 - 05/09/2018 16:00:21    2139538

Link

Replying To number_1:  "When this comes out I'll be surprised if you come back onto the forum..."
I told you I'd come back. No issues just a failed coup. Coranacon!!!

Kingofthehill100 (Mayo) - Posts: 62 - 10/09/2018 12:55:05    2140693

Link

What I dont like is the immediate reaction that the County Board is to blame. Calls for resignations, etc.. The remaining players have since cleared the air and supported the county board and the team management. I dont see any of these trigger happy keyboard warriors coming on now to say sorry to the unpaid officers who are treated like dirt when ever anything happens. This done by people who do nothing except turn up at an odd game or two. People need to temper their reaction a bit more. These officers are real people with children, parents, etc.. They do not deserve the name calling and even if they get an odd thing wrong (not in this case!) they are only human. Same goes for the mens County Board also.

sinabhuil (Mayo) - Posts: 161 - 11/09/2018 14:23:10    2141020

Link

Replying To sinabhuil:  "What I dont like is the immediate reaction that the County Board is to blame. Calls for resignations, etc.. The remaining players have since cleared the air and supported the county board and the team management. I dont see any of these trigger happy keyboard warriors coming on now to say sorry to the unpaid officers who are treated like dirt when ever anything happens. This done by people who do nothing except turn up at an odd game or two. People need to temper their reaction a bit more. These officers are real people with children, parents, etc.. They do not deserve the name calling and even if they get an odd thing wrong (not in this case!) they are only human. Same goes for the mens County Board also."
Think you've nailed it sir. Well said.

ponga (Mayo) - Posts: 473 - 11/09/2018 18:46:40    2141082

Link

Just listened to Peter leahy on the gaa hour ,it certainly doesn't come across well for the girls in questions looks like egos and hurt feelings were a major part

Galwayjoe86 (Galway) - Posts: 239 - 12/09/2018 19:35:06    2141293

Link

I am with the players who walked out and don't think it is a good idea to dismiss or stigmatise people for having feelings. Is doing so not a form of bullying?

martinjoe (Mayo) - Posts: 413 - 13/09/2018 12:54:10    2141402

Link