UK Forum

London Club Fixtures

(Oldest Posts First)

Anyone else find the club fixtures this year to be disorganised and disjointed? Last years fixtures were immaculate and the season was run off without a glitch.

However already this year the master fixture plan is already up the left. Our club has played 3 games in two months (April & May) only to have 5 games crammed in the last 2 weeks.

I understand that the county fixtures may have caused some disruption but now that both teams are out this should be easily rectified and the games spaced out more appropriately.

However my main concern is that lads are only being notified of the time, date and venue of club games a week in advance. This is totally unacceptable for lads to try and organise a work schedule if you don't know know where the game will be played and what day the game will be on - especially if you have two games a week which we have had the last while.

Hopefully the powers that be will take into consideration that cramming in two fixtures a week is unsustainable to participation, particularly for the smaller clubs who are struggling to get 15 players out most weeks.

SouthLDN_Spud_Murphy (UK) - Posts: 1 - 13/06/2018 15:56:38    2111119

Link

Replying To SouthLDN_Spud_Murphy:  "Anyone else find the club fixtures this year to be disorganised and disjointed? Last years fixtures were immaculate and the season was run off without a glitch.

However already this year the master fixture plan is already up the left. Our club has played 3 games in two months (April & May) only to have 5 games crammed in the last 2 weeks.

I understand that the county fixtures may have caused some disruption but now that both teams are out this should be easily rectified and the games spaced out more appropriately.

However my main concern is that lads are only being notified of the time, date and venue of club games a week in advance. This is totally unacceptable for lads to try and organise a work schedule if you don't know know where the game will be played and what day the game will be on - especially if you have two games a week which we have had the last while.

Hopefully the powers that be will take into consideration that cramming in two fixtures a week is unsustainable to participation, particularly for the smaller clubs who are struggling to get 15 players out most weeks."
Found this season frustrating so far. Games are fixed are too late notice which is annoying with lads obviously wanting to book flights for trips home or do things with their family.

The county site is in a joke of a state. Master fixture plan for two years ago is still up there! Results for this year aren't on there! True enough we're all doing this in our spare time but come on, updating the website with the fixtures and results isn't a big job.

League wise I've got no idea the format. We've been told there are quarter finals this year, not sure how that works with the three league structure there is here.

Seems we have taken a real backward step.

WestAwake88 (Galway) - Posts: 20 - 17/06/2018 19:03:56    2112357

Link

Replying To WestAwake88:  "Found this season frustrating so far. Games are fixed are too late notice which is annoying with lads obviously wanting to book flights for trips home or do things with their family.

The county site is in a joke of a state. Master fixture plan for two years ago is still up there! Results for this year aren't on there! True enough we're all doing this in our spare time but come on, updating the website with the fixtures and results isn't a big job.

League wise I've got no idea the format. We've been told there are quarter finals this year, not sure how that works with the three league structure there is here.

Seems we have taken a real backward step."
Echo those sentiments WestAwake, been playing ball over here for 11 years and whilst progress was made for a few years we're heading back to the dark ages again. Even updates on social media aren't what they were a couple of years ago.

I hope all championship games are played at Ruislip wherever possible. I get people want to protect the pitch but the clubs put a lot of effort into redeveloping Ruislip and lads deserve their day out especially after playing on sub-standard pitches and facilities throughout the year.

Anchorman_6 (Cavan) - Posts: 14 - 18/06/2018 12:49:46    2112612

Link

Agree with all above, recent years has seen a vast improvement improvement but has faltered this year,
Updated league tables are important and fixtures in advance,, not that hard a thing to do really. Also what format is league,, top 2 go into final,,?? top 2 promoted from div 2&3..

Jimmycricket (Meath) - Posts: 58 - 18/06/2018 13:52:00    2112649

Link

Anyone heard what's going on with the club scene this year?

Any changes to the football or hurling championships? Fixture plan etc?

WestAwake88 (Galway) - Posts: 20 - 05/02/2019 13:47:16    2162744

Link

Great to see both St Kiernans & Parnells fielding "Home Grown" teams in the Junior scene in London following the footsteps of TCG. This is the best of way keeping boys in the game and hopefully other teams with similar resources can follow suit and truly grow the game in London. I am fairly sure the Butlers, Gavaghan & Ryan Elliot all played for TCG Juniors at some point & are now representing the county team well.

Hopefully these additions should bring some stability to Junior football as well, there have been a number of one sided games over the past few years featuring some clubs which are no longer fielding which is no good for anyone.

Anchorman_6 (Cavan) - Posts: 14 - 26/03/2019 09:29:51    2175477

Link

Replying To Anchorman_6:  "Great to see both St Kiernans & Parnells fielding "Home Grown" teams in the Junior scene in London following the footsteps of TCG. This is the best of way keeping boys in the game and hopefully other teams with similar resources can follow suit and truly grow the game in London. I am fairly sure the Butlers, Gavaghan & Ryan Elliot all played for TCG Juniors at some point & are now representing the county team well.

Hopefully these additions should bring some stability to Junior football as well, there have been a number of one sided games over the past few years featuring some clubs which are no longer fielding which is no good for anyone."
Agree with that. Some talented lads in the current TCG Juniors/Intermediates as well now making the step up (Kearney, Mills, McGarvey etc). Be interesting to track Kiernans and Parnells Juniors progress the next couple of years.

Any reason why Kiernans Juniors and Naomh Padraig are not in the early season competitions?

WestAwake88 (Galway) - Posts: 20 - 26/03/2019 10:58:34    2175495

Link