UK Forum

London Club Fixtures

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Garryowen and Joe's both won handy enough

skirge7 (UK) - Posts: 34 - 21/08/2019 20:44:19    2228358

Link

Does anybody know what's happening with the London GAA website. From what I see it's a disgrace with no championship tables and the results all over the place. The twitter account was very active in the run-up to the Connacht Championship and since then it seems to have died a death for the club scene. It's so important to maintain the communication throughout the year and not just during the glamour period. not good enough!

fancyaride (Mayo) - Posts: 141 - 22/08/2019 14:13:00    2228527

Link

Senior Championship kicks off next weekend any word on when the Division 1 League final takes place?

Looking forward to seeing how Neasden fair against TCG when important silverware is on the line. Best forward line in the county but strength and depth might count against them. Been disappointed in Fulham and Kiernans so far this year, maybe they will kick on come championship. Parnells certain for the drop.

Intermediate and Junior in full swing but you wouldn't know it looking at the London website, it's a disgrace. Junior somewhat predictable, Dulwich going strong followed by Clarets and Parnells. Hard to see past the men from Peckham, after a few close runs it would be nice to see them finally get over the line. Great to see Clarets back challenging to. Intermediate a more close run affair looking at results so far but having seen most teams, Joes look very impressive to me. Seen Tommy Macs get a good win at the weekend and they are bound to make the semis with CuChullains and Garryowen. Garryowen seem to have pulled a few lads from the woodwork as usual!

Cilldara2012 (UK) - Posts: 81 - 28/08/2019 13:20:21    2230117

Link

The county website is a joke. Was told back in the spring that it would be sorted out once the league started with fixtures, results and tables updated regularly. It's run in fits and bursts and once again gone silent despite being in the full swing of championship in two grades.

Near impossible trying to get an idea of the state of play in Intermediate and Junior by going through club twitter/facebook pages.

The county website and social media situation is especially annoying when it was well done and in full flow for the Galway game earlier in the year. They do a great job promoting the underage set ups and Cúl Camps but the promotion of club football in the county is shocking.

Warwickshire and Scotland do a far better job.

Side point, and, not sure might be related to the issue above but seems there is far less on the Irish World website on championship games than previous years. Granted that might pick up when Senior starts.

WestAwake88 (Galway) - Posts: 37 - 29/08/2019 10:04:54    2230350

Link

who is the country PRO? and do they have a team for running social media.

Garryowen are up and down, used to be one of the big teams in London but I remember Fulham Irish came about as part of a breakaway from Garryowen back around 2005. Is it the same people still running the club as it was back then?

Rosineri1 (UK) - Posts: 1775 - 30/08/2019 12:58:43    2230672

Link

Very surprised to see Eire Og defeat Garryowen at the weekend. They won by a point but should have won at a canter. Fair play to them for a club less than 7 or so years old. Anything could happen now in a one off game for them against their old rivals Tommie Macs!!

gorby580 (Limerick) - Posts: 162 - 10/09/2019 10:20:30    2234041

Link

Replying To gorby580:  "Very surprised to see Eire Og defeat Garryowen at the weekend. They won by a point but should have won at a canter. Fair play to them for a club less than 7 or so years old. Anything could happen now in a one off game for them against their old rivals Tommie Macs!!"
Eire Og on balance and to their credit deserved to beat Garryowen. They were the better conditioned side and controlled large spells of the match. Can see it being a close game between them and Tommy Macs, Macs played beforehand and looked good but seem to struggle in the forwards sticking it over the bar which is the difference at this level. I could see this being a draw possibly. Joes way out in front of those two, expect them to come through the other side comfortably.

Didn't think parnells would cause any surprises in senior and I was wrong!! not fielding in senior championship is a disgrace. Other results went as expected.

Junior semis should be interesting but expect Clarets and Dulwich to contest the decider in that grade.

Cilldara2012 (UK) - Posts: 81 - 11/09/2019 13:10:02    2234395

Link

Tara make the semi final in Junior after their defeat to Anthony's was overturned due to the latter fielding a player who had been sent off in the previous round. Got to feel for

Predictions -

Intermediate:
Thomas McCurtains to beat Eire Og
TCG Inters to beat St Joes

Relegation play off:
Brendans to win

Junior:
Dulwich to beat Tara
Clarets to beat Wandsworth

Ruislip definitely the place to be on Sunday. Cracking set of games

WestAwake88 (Galway) - Posts: 37 - 11/09/2019 15:32:37    2234473

Link

so there three teams who came up from the junior in the last 2 years in the intermediate semi finals. All three have been building nicely over the past few years, slowly improving, all well run clubs. Joes have been fairly steady themselves, unlucky to lose out to Neasden last year. If TCG were to win it out what would happen, assume they cant have two teams at senior? Dulwich must feel having been so close to those three teams the last few years that this must finally be there year at Junior.

Rosineri1 (UK) - Posts: 1775 - 12/09/2019 12:58:26    2234722

Link

Replying To Rosineri1:  "so there three teams who came up from the junior in the last 2 years in the intermediate semi finals. All three have been building nicely over the past few years, slowly improving, all well run clubs. Joes have been fairly steady themselves, unlucky to lose out to Neasden last year. If TCG were to win it out what would happen, assume they cant have two teams at senior? Dulwich must feel having been so close to those three teams the last few years that this must finally be there year at Junior."
Assume TCG homegrown will have to stay where they are. I heard they objected to being moved up last year after winning Junior. They have more than held their own at Intermediate. Serious production line they have going there.

What's the story with Parnells Seniors giving a walkover last weekend?

WestAwake88 (Galway) - Posts: 37 - 13/09/2019 15:50:38    2235044

Link

Some entertaining games yesterday. Helped by the weather, perfect day for football.

Fantastic achievement by TCG homegrown making the intermediate final. McCurtains beat Eire Og in the other semi final.

Bit of a surprise in Junior, Wandsworth beating Clarets so Dulwich v Wandsworth in the final.

WestAwake88 (Galway) - Posts: 37 - 16/09/2019 09:22:50    2235934

Link

The IFC may not have been up to the standard of previous years, but take nothing away from TCG, what an achievement. St Joes looked the best in the group stages but once again can't get over the line, been close for a few years now, but maybe time running out for that group.

So can anyone confirm TCG can't go up to senior? Would seem pretty obvious but you never know with the County board. Will be interesting to see if that has any affect on the final, with McCurtains already confirmed for senior next year.

macattack (UK) - Posts: 582 - 16/09/2019 13:58:49    2236094

Link

Anyone else heard the very interesting news coming out of New York regarding some high profile players from Neasden & TCG playing illegally in the intermediate final over there?

ballyhoe55 (UK) - Posts: 1 - 18/09/2019 14:00:09    2237124

Link

Lucky this thread exists as its the only way I can get decent updates on matches and each championship, the county PRO certainly doesn't read these posts as there are still no championship group tables, results or fixtures published on the website. Where else would you get it? Great game in Ruislip on Sunday between TCG and Neasden, two quality teams. Those two will progress from that group, expect Neasden to face Fulham and TCG possibly Towers in the semis? Can't see beyond a TCG v Neasden final. Parnells and KKG to play the relegation final, hard to know what way that will go seeing KKG got hammered at the weekend.

Didn't see the games in Greenford and there isn't much coverage of them. I definitely didn't expect TCG to progress in the IFC semis so massive kudos to them. Did Joes not show up? Would say they werent happy playing that match in Greenford in the first place.

TCG as a club are light years ahead of everyone else and will likely secure their dominance when they get the go ahead for their training facilities. Does someone need to look at this? as its surely not good for London being competitive in the long term. It should be a good final between them and Tommy Macs with Joes now gone. Don't think there will be much in it. Tommy Macs don't score heavily but have been solid defensively and TCG are dangerous on the counter. Can't call it and have got most things wrong predicting IFC results so don't plan to.

Another surprise in Junior with Wandsworth beating Clarets? South London derby in the final, Dulwich to final become the bride?

Cilldara2012 (UK) - Posts: 81 - 18/09/2019 14:21:26    2237141

Link

Replying To Cilldara2012:  "Lucky this thread exists as its the only way I can get decent updates on matches and each championship, the county PRO certainly doesn't read these posts as there are still no championship group tables, results or fixtures published on the website. Where else would you get it? Great game in Ruislip on Sunday between TCG and Neasden, two quality teams. Those two will progress from that group, expect Neasden to face Fulham and TCG possibly Towers in the semis? Can't see beyond a TCG v Neasden final. Parnells and KKG to play the relegation final, hard to know what way that will go seeing KKG got hammered at the weekend.

Didn't see the games in Greenford and there isn't much coverage of them. I definitely didn't expect TCG to progress in the IFC semis so massive kudos to them. Did Joes not show up? Would say they werent happy playing that match in Greenford in the first place.

TCG as a club are light years ahead of everyone else and will likely secure their dominance when they get the go ahead for their training facilities. Does someone need to look at this? as its surely not good for London being competitive in the long term. It should be a good final between them and Tommy Macs with Joes now gone. Don't think there will be much in it. Tommy Macs don't score heavily but have been solid defensively and TCG are dangerous on the counter. Can't call it and have got most things wrong predicting IFC results so don't plan to.

Another surprise in Junior with Wandsworth beating Clarets? South London derby in the final, Dulwich to final become the bride?"
Great end to end game TCG/Neasden on Sunday. Agree with that semi final match up and a shootout between TCG and Neasden in the final.

St. Joes will be gutted after making the final last year. Certainly would be annoyed at having to play at Greenford against TCG, but this isn't the first time that's happened. I think any semi final should be played at McGovern Park regardless of grade. Players deserve to play there during Championship after a spring and summer of playing on sub standard pitches across the county.

Harlesden lost to Brendans in the intermediate relegation play off. They never really got going this year.

Not sure what happened to Clarets on Sunday, a repeat of last year. They have beaten all before them in the league this season including Wandsworth but just didn't seem as up for it on the day. Mounted a couple of comebacks during the game but never looked like breaking Wandsworth.

I have a feeling the final will be a tight affair. Close game between Dulwich and Wandsworth in the group but I think whilst they are probably matched in fitness and strength, Dulwich are the smarter side.

Think it's slightly concerning at the bottom end of Junior we've had Moindearg and Naomh Padraig (I don't expect them to be around next year) eliminated because of walkovers, think Brothers Pearse as well.

WestAwake88 (Galway) - Posts: 37 - 18/09/2019 15:24:11    2237176

Link

Replying To Cilldara2012:  "Lucky this thread exists as its the only way I can get decent updates on matches and each championship, the county PRO certainly doesn't read these posts as there are still no championship group tables, results or fixtures published on the website. Where else would you get it? Great game in Ruislip on Sunday between TCG and Neasden, two quality teams. Those two will progress from that group, expect Neasden to face Fulham and TCG possibly Towers in the semis? Can't see beyond a TCG v Neasden final. Parnells and KKG to play the relegation final, hard to know what way that will go seeing KKG got hammered at the weekend.

Another surprise in Junior with Wandsworth beating Clarets? South London derby in the final, Dulwich to final become the bride?"
Don't see why TCGs success should be questioned or brought under review. A result of hard work and a good structure. The chasing pack are starting to copy them but it takes time. I agree they are light years ahead of everyone and will be the real power house for the foreseeable. Teams might compete short term but bank accounts have limits.

Great achievement by their intermediates and I think they will go and win it now. Seen both intermediate semis, Joes couldn't ascert their physicality in the game as TCG were generally fitter and quicker all over the pitch. Thought Joes also found it hard to deal with the TCG running game. The other semi was relatively poor in comparison. I think the score was 1-0 to 0-4 at half time and it was very stop start, Macs will have some confidence after beating TCG in the group stage but I think gaels have came of age since, some of their forwards are of a high senior grade quality.

Senior will be a close call and both Neasden and TCG will get stronger as the competition goes on. Hopefully a good opportunity for a London team to progress in Connacht this year as well. Coggins surely front runner to take the reigns with London after his success at club level since leaving the post a few years back? particularly with the TCG juniors/ intermediates, probably the best coach in London.

Sam4thewest (Mayo) - Posts: 12 - 18/09/2019 15:57:07    2237192

Link

Replying To ballyhoe55:  "Anyone else heard the very interesting news coming out of New York regarding some high profile players from Neasden & TCG playing illegally in the intermediate final over there?"
Great to see the county lads performing so well the other side of the pond on the videos that have been doing the rounds, haha, international stars haha.... great bit of banter

WestsideWarrior (Galway) - Posts: 23 - 18/09/2019 22:44:00    2237377

Link