Fermanagh Forum

Club Championships 2016

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

gotmilk/macca999 were you even at the game?? I notice you have more interest in the Monaghan club final and Mayo/Dublin replay than you have in your own county. But there again why should that surprise us since you are essentially a fair-weather supporter as borne out on your own postings!

gaalltheway (Fermanagh) - Posts: 746 - 04/10/2016 13:20:31    1922358

Link

Replying To gaalltheway:  "gotmilk/macca999 were you even at the game?? I notice you have more interest in the Monaghan club final and Mayo/Dublin replay than you have in your own county. But there again why should that surprise us since you are essentially a fair-weather supporter as borne out on your own postings!"
I'm not Macca.

I haven't posted on anything to do with the Monaghan county final. Yes I was at the game on sunday, located on the 21 in the uncovered stand. Had a perfect view of Ryan Jones yellow card that should have been black.

gotmilk (Fermanagh) - Posts: 4971 - 04/10/2016 14:35:19    1922406

Link

I checked the grammar of both gotmilk and macca999 and I can confirm they are not the same scribe. However, both have arrogant tendencies from what I see in there writings.

In this posting gotmilk suggests he is from Irvinestown but then there are other posts where he says he hails from the other end of the county...sounds to be are rather confused individual to me.

"People don't have the money anymore. Fermanagh played Wexford in a qualifier this year. From Irvinestown to Ennsicorthy it's nearly a 400 mile round trip. My car gets about 600 miles out of a tank of diesel so I would have to fill the car up and it costs me the guts of 60 euro to fill it, It's 20 euro into the game. So there's 80 euro straight away. Tolls also have to be paid, would more than likely have to eat out twice that day. By the time you get a decent bit and something to wash it down it could be anything from 10 to 20 Euro. So if you are eating out theres another 30 euro. Chances are you get a bottle of water or a cup of tea at the game and it's another few quid. You get a programme as well and its another few quid. So a trip to that game for a single man could have cost around 150 euro. Now add in a wife or some kids and watch the cost go through the roof. There's a reason people aren't going to games as much and it has nothing to do with whats on offer, people just can not afford it.
gotmilk , 16/08/2016 at 16:12"

ekn_teacher (Fermanagh) - Posts: 228 - 04/10/2016 23:05:32    1922659

Link

Replying To ekn_teacher:  "I checked the grammar of both gotmilk and macca999 and I can confirm they are not the same scribe. However, both have arrogant tendencies from what I see in there writings.

In this posting gotmilk suggests he is from Irvinestown but then there are other posts where he says he hails from the other end of the county...sounds to be are rather confused individual to me.

"People don't have the money anymore. Fermanagh played Wexford in a qualifier this year. From Irvinestown to Ennsicorthy it's nearly a 400 mile round trip. My car gets about 600 miles out of a tank of diesel so I would have to fill the car up and it costs me the guts of 60 euro to fill it, It's 20 euro into the game. So there's 80 euro straight away. Tolls also have to be paid, would more than likely have to eat out twice that day. By the time you get a decent bit and something to wash it down it could be anything from 10 to 20 Euro. So if you are eating out theres another 30 euro. Chances are you get a bottle of water or a cup of tea at the game and it's another few quid. You get a programme as well and its another few quid. So a trip to that game for a single man could have cost around 150 euro. Now add in a wife or some kids and watch the cost go through the roof. There's a reason people aren't going to games as much and it has nothing to do with whats on offer, people just can not afford it.
gotmilk , 16/08/2016 at 16:12"
"
You sure you're a teacher? Some of your posts don't make much sense.

gotmilk (Fermanagh) - Posts: 4971 - 04/10/2016 23:23:49    1922668

Link