Fermanagh Forum

Remaining Club Football for 2015

(Oldest Posts First)

With Fermanagh now out of the championship. What is the best way to work club football? Personally I see championship football being all that matters as the league won't affect what championship you are in. It looks like club football will be at least going into November unless they change it up. Is it possible to split division 1 up and play the reverse fixtures? You can do the same for division 2. Of course by doing this, the points have to be looked at after splitting. In my own opinion we should keep the same points as before the split to give the clubs who have worked all year the gap they deserve. I am also firm believer that the club who finishes top at the end of the campaign should be champions as they could lead the whole way and lose the final and consider the year to be a failure. One final thing… is Maguiresbridge & Belcoo going to get changed in them huts in Derrylin for the championship? Or will they make Lisnaskea & Teemore do this? I was chatting a few players at the weekend and they were saying that they were glad that they didn't get into the Junior league final because they would need to wait till September to play the final! Would this Friday not have been a better date?

I would prefer people's honest opinion on this rather than the usual nonsense that they come out with. I believe that the above needs to be strongly considered and then get preparing for next year (early start to the league?)

EnoughOfTheBull (Fermanagh) - Posts: 27 - 05/08/2015 10:01:10    1764124

Link

5/08/2015 10:01:10
EnoughOfTheBull
County: Fermanagh
With Fermanagh now out of the championship. What is the best way to work club football? Personally I see championship football being all that matters as the league won't affect what championship you are in. It looks like club football will be at least going into November unless they change it up. Is it possible to split division 1 up and play the reverse fixtures? You can do the same for division 2. Of course by doing this, the points have to be looked at after splitting. In my own opinion we should keep the same points as before the split to give the clubs who have worked all year the gap they deserve. I am also firm believer that the club who finishes top at the end of the campaign should be champions as they could lead the whole way and lose the final and consider the year to be a failure. One final thing… is Maguiresbridge & Belcoo going to get changed in them huts in Derrylin for the championship? Or will they make Lisnaskea & Teemore do this? I was chatting a few players at the weekend and they were saying that they were glad that they didn't get into the Junior league final because they would need to wait till September to play the final! Would this Friday not have been a better date?

I would prefer people's honest opinion on this rather than the usual nonsense that they come out with. I believe that the above needs to be strongly considered and then get preparing for next year (early start to the league?)

What do you expect the CCC to do?????

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1198 - 05/08/2015 11:42:01    1764214

Link