Fermanagh Forum

One Senior League Game in May - Wise Up!

(Oldest Posts First)

Just wondering what everyone's views on the club players plight at this minute in time.

We are into May with the prospect of one senior league game being played this month, how are players meant to stay interested! I'm all for giving the county team the best chance to get a win in the Championship but the scenario at the minute is a disgrace.

It seems that whatever Pete McGrath says goes! There are men travelling from Belfast week in week out and have nothing at the weekend to play for. It's time for the county board to start listening to regular club players concerns!

sidelinecut40 (Fermanagh) - Posts: 69 - 11/05/2015 10:38:04    1722334

Link

Completely Agree, Why was the games called off Friday nyt?

Could they not be played as starred games like previous rounds?

BigBallerSize5 (Fermanagh) - Posts: 61 - 11/05/2015 12:26:41    1722393

Link

Re: One Senior League Game in May - Wise Up!

sidelinecut40
County: Fermanagh
Just wondering what everyone's views on the club players plight at this minute in time.
We are into May with the prospect of one senior league game being played this month, how are players meant to stay interested! I'm all for giving the county team the best chance to get a win in the Championship but the scenario at the minute is a disgrace.
It seems that whatever Pete McGrath says goes! There are men travelling from Belfast week in week out and have nothing at the weekend to play for. It's time for the county board to start listening to regular club players concerns!

11/05/2015 12:26:41
BigBallerSize5
County: Fermanagh
Completely Agree, Why was the games called off Friday nyt?
Could they not be played as starred games like previous rounds?

The CCC has a difficult job to do to juggle club game fixtures in the context of county football. However, they should nevertheless strick a better balance between what is best for both club and county football.

The present situation illustrates questionable judgement on behalf of the CCC who are appointed to manage game fixtures but end up postponing at short notice and this isn't good enough or fair to club league football. I believe they haven't got the balance correct this time between what is best for club football and county demands.

Note: By the way sidelinecut40, your mathematics aren't good as you state "We are into May with the prospect of one senior league game being played this month" which is incorrect. Senior league games have taken place on 1st and 3rd May and another session is planned for May 16th which totals three!

IrvinestownMkII (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1383 - 11/05/2015 13:11:23    1722411

Link

From what I heard McGrath didn't want county men playing on Friday due to challenge game against Sligo on Sunday. This round of matches was called off midweek again with no thought of players who already had made plans in order to make the game Friday

I would like to hear county board representatives explain to club players why we are in this current predicament! A month of training sessions for 1 game!

sidelinecut40 (Fermanagh) - Posts: 69 - 11/05/2015 13:13:49    1722416

Link

I heard a story of a play working in London who booked the day of work & changed flights to be home for last Fridays games & they where cancelled. The guy himself wants nothing, he's just annoyed but I would say he's well within his rights to be compensated as to only be told of the change on Wednesday night. Nothing short of a disgrace.

Seamus86 (Fermanagh) - Posts: 24 - 13/05/2015 12:39:36    1723130

Link