Fermanagh Forum

Ulster Football Championship 2014

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

I think it is time for the Fermanagh CC to stop running the County into debt and perhaps spend that money at Youth level (grassroots) to perhaps prepare a team for the future. Also, to blame is the Fermanagh Club fixtures, it's stop/start all year for the club teams (who actually crate the County players) and isn't helping anyone. We have to realise now that we're our of Ulster to play the Club league games week by week & a good Championship, Stop with all the breaks as we're NOT going to Win the All Ireland so stop running the County into debt & cut our losses for the season. Now, that we are out of Ulster we are just wasting money spending anymore on the County team this year.

Susuki82 (Fermanagh) - Posts: 56 - 03/06/2014 12:11:44    1597200

Link

Couldn't agree more with Suzuki. Winning Ulster was Fermanagh's aim. Now that we are out, forget about the qualifiers as we are not going to win Sam and we won't get much cash even if we make a run. Concentrate on the club scene for the good of the game and for the ordinary players. (Some say the ones out last Sunday are ordinary enough too) Spend the cash on under-age structures as they are terrible at present.

hairyhorse (Fermanagh) - Posts: 94 - 03/06/2014 21:15:50    1597615

Link

Susuki82, how do the Fermanagh Senior squad gain the experience of playing together in championship football, so they might improve and stand a chance of winning ulster next year or the year after and so forth?

Will pulling out of the back door competition really help the current or future senior teams?

Nontheism (Fermanagh) - Posts: 90 - 05/06/2014 12:15:52    1598507

Link

With regards to the minor game, I thought there were a few good performances particularly the young corner forward from donagh who was showing well and was good off the frees, the midfielder mcAuley put in a good shift also. However the rest were well off the pace and I did not understand why young McAloon from Belcoo didn't get even a run out when he scored 1-3 in a recent SFL 1 game. The referee didn't do us any favours with the harsh black card in the first minute and after that it was all downhill and our boys never recovered. For your information gola there was a player from the Enniskillen club on the panel Sean McAleer who should have got game time and I've seen him in action at first hand and he's a quality player and was one of a few to play well in the ulster Intermediate defeat to Eskra, I think he scored as well. The management team have a lot to answer for.

1111 (Fermanagh) - Posts: 29 - 05/06/2014 14:01:55    1598599

Link