Fermanagh Forum

Brewster Park to be a "G8" Pop-up hotel?

(Oldest Posts First)

Breaking news...

Brewster Park to be a "G8" Pop-up hotel?

I believe that the Ulster GAA Council should have a say over whether Enniskillen Gaels Club has the authority to capitalise financially by considering a "G8" pop-up hotel on their Brewster Park grounds. The Ulster Council gave substantial funding towards the redevelopment of the county grounds and it should be the GAA in Fermanagh rather than a single club to gain exclusively should this radical idea proceed.

The second point...how is this disruption going to affect the championship games?

IrvinestownMkII (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1383 - 14/03/2013 12:10:50    1349325

Link

First I heard of it but it's a great idea to generate funds for Gaels club and maybe be able to redevelop the club house. I suppose there is a element of secrecy for now but hopefully something will come of it.

As for the question of disrupting the championship, I doubt very much whether Fermanagh will be any longer involved by then unless a miracle happens or through a backdoor entry.

YesterdaysMan (Fermanagh) - Posts: 732 - 14/03/2013 13:37:53    1349404

Link

Ok shamgael you are hot but not quite correct. There is a likelihood that Ekn Gaels Club's car park may be used if a proposal to utilise the old Erne Hospital as a 'pop-up' hotel during the forthcoming G8 summit goes ahead. Still nothing definite on that score but if it happens, the club and not the GAA at large, should be the financial benefactors of any such opportunity.

ekn_teacher (Fermanagh) - Posts: 228 - 14/03/2013 15:25:34    1349499

Link

aye more expensive sandwich opportunities in the offing for the townies club! and the parking punters will have up pay up to 200 quid a day for each of the three days plus leaves a some six figure sum to be gathered up. aint fair is it?

Coa_gael (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1149 - 14/03/2013 18:25:14    1349622

Link