Fermanagh Forum

Fermanagh Manager

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To gotmilk:  "Imagine playing a style that delivered three all irelands in 5 years..."
Kerry dominated the 70s and 80s but I don't see any management teams using that style ... evolution is a must ... that Tyrone team was awesome and played a style that well suited them and was of that time ... unless you are advocating that we replicate what successful teams did 10 years ago??

KeshGFC (Fermanagh) - Posts: 172 - 17/08/2019 17:31:54    2226797

Link

Replying To KeshGFC:  "I've nuttin to do with Ederney"
Now now lad...let the truth be known! Rather not embarrass you by putting put previous posting to the contrary. In the comment I made about your take on Gallagher is also questionable as at times you didn't want him as manager and another time you question others who thought he should leave...again previous postings to support my evidence. Sort yourself out mate. I'll leave at that.

gaalltheway (Fermanagh) - Posts: 746 - 17/08/2019 19:54:33    2226824

Link

Replying To gaalltheway:  "Now now lad...let the truth be known! Rather not embarrass you by putting put previous posting to the contrary. In the comment I made about your take on Gallagher is also questionable as at times you didn't want him as manager and another time you question others who thought he should leave...again previous postings to support my evidence. Sort yourself out mate. I'll leave at that."
Show me any post I've written about Ederney.. u do know I'm from other end of county lol .... just like the sound of An Ceis CLG lol

KeshGFC (Fermanagh) - Posts: 172 - 18/08/2019 00:31:34    2226891

Link

HI Keshgfc I too know you have been associated with Ederney. Correct, you may live in the opposite end of county now. Clue - keeping steering yond ship you referred to and see where it takes you!
Any how, guys I came on to say it's peculiar or maybe not the the senior league toppers, Ederney and Enniskillen are now fighting for survival in the respective championship category. I suppose the championship does bring to the fore the best teams as demonstrated nationally too. However, I think club football in Fermanagh is in a sad stage but is it fixable?

cillnaile. (Fermanagh) - Posts: 950 - 18/08/2019 12:46:20    2226965

Link

Replying To cillnaile.:  "HI Keshgfc I too know you have been associated with Ederney. Correct, you may live in the opposite end of county now. Clue - keeping steering yond ship you referred to and see where it takes you!
Any how, guys I came on to say it's peculiar or maybe not the the senior league toppers, Ederney and Enniskillen are now fighting for survival in the respective championship category. I suppose the championship does bring to the fore the best teams as demonstrated nationally too. However, I think club football in Fermanagh is in a sad stage but is it fixable?"
sorry fellas but I find this obsession with what club Im affiliated to just weird. Im guessing the ploy is to "out" me on my actual club by somehow identifying me with the wrong club and ill react and say NOOOO its actually the Gaels or St Marys lol. Get a life guys...For one final time Ive zero links to Ederney. I had thought to call my self Ballinamallard Kickhams but it took too long to type lol and sure then you would all have been torn between suspecting my Irvinestown or Coa affiliations. Still that Kickhams club sounds good all the same !

KeshGFC (Fermanagh) - Posts: 172 - 19/08/2019 10:58:19    2227402

Link

Seems like Ricey set to take up the mantle, with Paul McIver and Big Joe McMahon as part of backroom team. Good enough set-up,its clear the players rate McMenamin from the last 2 years so thats a good starting point,while McIver has had great success with Kilcoo and Big Joe has strong coaching background to match his playing experiences.

Im sure majority of current squad will want to continue playing with the county with this set-up, plus Corrigans playing with Kinawley will likely return to strengthen the attacking threat.

Seen post mention few injuries at moment? I know James McMahon did cruciate alright. On separate note, Kilkenny are appealing Hogans red last week as carries into 2020 Leinster Championship. So i take it McMahon,Lee Cullen and Paul McCusker will all be suspended for Ulster Championship next year then? Which would be major blow.

macca999 (Fermanagh) - Posts: 866 - 22/08/2019 13:11:42    2228508

Link

Latest is that appointment delayed as the county board is being mean wrangling over what the new manager should get. Who's money is it county board? The fans and sponsors not yours!

gaalltheway (Fermanagh) - Posts: 746 - 22/08/2019 13:56:28    2228521

Link

Replying To macca999:  "Seems like Ricey set to take up the mantle, with Paul McIver and Big Joe McMahon as part of backroom team. Good enough set-up,its clear the players rate McMenamin from the last 2 years so thats a good starting point,while McIver has had great success with Kilcoo and Big Joe has strong coaching background to match his playing experiences.

Im sure majority of current squad will want to continue playing with the county with this set-up, plus Corrigans playing with Kinawley will likely return to strengthen the attacking threat.

Seen post mention few injuries at moment? I know James McMahon did cruciate alright. On separate note, Kilkenny are appealing Hogans red last week as carries into 2020 Leinster Championship. So i take it McMahon,Lee Cullen and Paul McCusker will all be suspended for Ulster Championship next year then? Which would be major blow."
League

gotmilk (Fermanagh) - Posts: 4971 - 26/08/2019 10:48:11    2229333

Link

Replying To macca999:  "Seems like Ricey set to take up the mantle, with Paul McIver and Big Joe McMahon as part of backroom team. Good enough set-up,its clear the players rate McMenamin from the last 2 years so thats a good starting point,while McIver has had great success with Kilcoo and Big Joe has strong coaching background to match his playing experiences.

Seen post mention few injuries at moment? I know James McMahon did cruciate alright. On separate note, Kilkenny are appealing Hogans red last week as carries into 2020 Leinster Championship. So i take it McMahon,Lee Cullen and Paul McCusker will all be suspended for Ulster Championship next year then? Which would be major blow."
I can see a place for Tomas alright but Ruairi could struggle

KeshGFC (Fermanagh) - Posts: 172 - 26/08/2019 11:22:52    2229353

Link

Ryan McMenamin is the new Fermanagh Football Manager

Following on from tonight's County Committee meeting, Fermanagh GAA is pleased to announce that Ryan McMenamin was formally ratified as our County Senior Football Team Manager.

Ryan brings experience and knowledge from having worked with the senior squad over the last two seasons under Rory Gallagher. Ryan will be ably assisted by Joe McMahon (Omagh) and Paul McIver (Ballinderry).

Ryan shall be finalising the rest of his backroom team over the coming weeks as he prepares for both the McKenna Cup and National League campaign which sees Fermanagh operating once again in Division 2 for 2020. We wish Ryan and his management team every success in the years ahead.

erneboy (Fermanagh) - Posts: 1205 - 26/08/2019 22:26:53    2229589

Link

Management team confirmed,as expected,good to have it announced,preparation for 2020 has started. Best of luck to Ricey and team.

macca999 (Fermanagh) - Posts: 866 - 26/08/2019 22:33:44    2229591

Link