Fermanagh Forum

Time for change

(Oldest Posts First)

Sorry folks but the question has to be asked.. someone here wrote that mcgrath is a blockbuster manager in a Netflix world .. he's a great man had a great 2015 but done little since. I'm just back from athletic grounds and am at a loss for what I just witnessed in terms of line up ... system.. approach and reacting in real time to how the opposition changes..
mcgrath has still not adapted to modern football.. it's time to leave the stage

KeshGFC (Fermanagh) - Posts: 169 - 25/06/2017 22:47:35    2005187

Link

Very Disappointing end to whats been a disappointing season,the manner of it was very disheartening,Armagh by far the better team,more hungry,more physical and playing to a system. When the Fermanagh team was called out was already looking an uphill task as where was the scores to win a game going to come from?? After okay start was clear that going to nearly rely solely on Corrigans frees,when Armagh stopped fouling scores would stop. The selection doesnt excuse the lack of energy,bite and desire shown by some of the players.

Th decision to start Hyde and deploy Mulrone at Full Forward was strange one(I know Quigley been below par but surely still needs to start as we dont have many scoring threats). The role of the sweeper was non existent as Clarke and Murnin got ball after ball first time into hands and either scored or set up scores(lucky with their wide count first half). The amount of turnovers Fermanagh gave(on dry perfect evening) was inexcusable and the speed to move the ball to slow,pedestrian, as has been in other games this year. Our players seemed to set run into tackles too often and the more physical Armagh team chewed up the ball time and time again. Our lack of physicality is a problem in breaking the tackle,need more presence in modern football.

Many will call for McGraths reign to end,in fairness 2015 was brilliant year,he did well in 2016 maintaining Div 2 status and unlucky defeat to Mayo and many would have walked away then knowing the rebuild challenge that lay ahead,though McGrath is passionate man who grew attached to the county and couldnt let go and now harshly be remembered by some for this year alone. Now management have made errors throughout the year that have cost.
Looking at bigger picture whoever comes in will have huge task,look at recent minor and under 21 teams,not won a game in long time,so options are limited.

macca999 (Fermanagh) - Posts: 864 - 25/06/2017 23:30:52    2005235

Link

It's not just this match ... we looked stale and flat for second half in clones ... then there was navan nuff said ... 4 goal haemorrhage in celbridge ... zero game management to see out derry .. sorry but This man can now go experiment with some other team .. felt sorry for Hyde who truly looked lost today and for Mulrone who looked uncomfortable as target man... I agreed with leaving quigley off but then replace him with another real scoring threat not.. where was Teague Courtney McManus ??? Anyone anyone who can catch and score ...we all know Mulrone excels at the running game so let him done ... ah I'm done ranting .. I hate to call for change so fresh after defeat and mcgrath has done many good things but he's now run outta road .... sorry

KeshGFC (Fermanagh) - Posts: 169 - 25/06/2017 23:58:42    2005262

Link

Replying To KeshGFC:  "It's not just this match ... we looked stale and flat for second half in clones ... then there was navan nuff said ... 4 goal haemorrhage in celbridge ... zero game management to see out derry .. sorry but This man can now go experiment with some other team .. felt sorry for Hyde who truly looked lost today and for Mulrone who looked uncomfortable as target man... I agreed with leaving quigley off but then replace him with another real scoring threat not.. where was Teague Courtney McManus ??? Anyone anyone who can catch and score ...we all know Mulrone excels at the running game so let him done ... ah I'm done ranting .. I hate to call for change so fresh after defeat and mcgrath has done many good things but he's now run outta road .... sorry"
have to say i agree. I Think courtney is injured but eoin mcmanus or daniel teague should have started. never mind the farce of bringing R. corrigan on after being out for near 4 months, just to take him off again. Pete clearly now has favourites and it is affecting team selection, time for him to move on.

shotgun (Fermanagh) - Posts: 61 - 26/06/2017 01:20:47    2005281

Link